🐈
» Forums » Support » 0% fee when you bring your own client
Page options
indrajitsinh-ray
Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

220 REPLIES 220
dusan_gajic
Community Member

If I invite clients to join the platform with my profile link, is it still no fee for these clients?

Just to be on the safe side here.  Is this for any type of payment hourly and fixed? And for fixed payment is it no fee only for one job or for an unlimited number of jobs from these clients?

Why would you want to do that?  If the existing relationship is working well why do you want to muddle it?  Once they know about upwork they may be able to find cheaper/better talents. 

I am not afraid of cheaper useless freelancers as I am providing good quality work in the long term. Not always cheaper is better. Also, 0% fees are better than 10-15% as I am paying right now for the transaction fees. I am confident that the client won't leave me and if he does then that mean that I have to be better.

Hi Dusan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please confirm if you are interested in Bring Your Own Client program? If so please know that Top Rated freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client, forever. 

If you are interested in receiving a personal invitation link please email BringYourClient@upwork.com. Let us know if you have further questions or if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Already finished and received BYOC link. thanks.

defa36c0
Community Member

Hi, as I read on the community forum you can use some BringYourOwnClient link when you are Rising Talent to invite your non-Upwork clients and enjoy the benefit of a 0% fee when working with that client.

So my question is, where can I find this link?

Thank you

It's only for top-rated.

It's called a 'direct contract' and it's not really "0% fee" at all.  They call it that because they don't charge a 'freelancer fee', but instead charge a 3.4% 'transaction fee' on all your earnings.  What's the difference between a 'freelancer fee" and a 'transaction fee"?   None that I can see. 3.4% lost revenue is 3.4% loss.  Renaming the fee doesn't change how much it costs.   Basically,if you bring your outside client onto this platform, all you'll be doing is giving away 3.4% of your money and paying Upwork a 'fee' for working with a client you found on your own, which doesn't make sense.  Basically paying Upwork a  'finder's fee' - money they wouldn't have otherwise had -  for work you found on your own.   The devil's in the details.  Read the fine print. 

"As a freelancer, you’ll pay a processing fee of 3.4% of the total contract amount but you won’t pay any freelancer service fees to Upwork. "

"Your client will pay a payment processing fee. The fee is 3% of the payment when they use a credit card, debit card, or PayPal. "

Basically, both YOU and the client lose money.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025040794-Direct-Contracts-with-Clients

smilicapr
Community Member

Hi,

I have a question,

Can I be excepted from Upwork fees in project if I get new project or company to the Upwork platform and work for them? 

Thank you very much! 

Hi Milica,

Top Rated freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring. However, I checked your account and it doesn't look like you have the Top Rated Badge. You can find the requirements for the badge here.

~Andrea
Upwork
vatsalpanwala
Community Member

Is it the same as a  Direct Contract (paper Plane Icon) > Invite Clients > Send the Generated Link to The Client? 

Please let me know thank you!

Hi Vatsal,

It seems like you are referring to the Bring Your Own Client Program. I checked your account and saw that you already submitted a support ticket, and one of our agents already responded with more information about the program. Please check this ticket and follow the instruction provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
950f2159
Community Member

Hello. I earned a rising talent badge recently. How can i get the BYOC link? i have many clients outside the upwork and i would like to bring them on upwork. 

Hi Syed,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7f05f4da
Community Member

please tell me the procedure so i can get my client on upwork and get 0% fee benefits

Hi Qadeer,

Thank you for your message. I checked and you are not eligible for Bring Your Own Client program. If you'd like to start a new contract with a client directly, you might be interested in creating a Direct Contract!

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bezginovvlad
Community Member

Hi! I'd like to use your program like BYOC. Could you send me a link or how can I get that? And how can i get to invite my clients for my agency?

bezginovvlad
Community Member

Hi! I'd like to use your program like BYOC. Could you send me a link or how can I get that? And how can i get to invite my clients for my agency?

Hi Vladislav,

I've merged your post to the relevant thread. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you're eligible for this program. You can find more information on the solution here.

~Andrea
Upwork

But why? What i must to do for this program? Give me more information pls. 

Hi Vladislav,

As mentioned in the solution to this thread, you need to be a Top Rated freelancer to be able to access the Bring Your Own client program.

~Andrea
Upwork

but if i have an agency i also need to get a status Top Rated for it? Or just for me and next i can invite my clients to my agency by BYOC?

Hi Vladislav,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

for what? i need just few info about this program. Give me more information please. If i want to invite my clients by BYOC to MY AGENCY I need Top Rated for myself or this status for my AGANCY?

36ec78f8
Community Member

Hi, I want to transfer work and payments with my own client, with whom I work many years outside of upwork to this platform to build up my statistics and get a 0% comission as well (since you have a program "bring your client" .

The thing is that I myself in the role of a product manager helped them register an account on  upwork couple years ago to hire other freelancers. 

So they already have an account, and I already have an account on upwork. What should I do? 

Hi Max,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us. We do have a program that allows Top Rated freelancers to bring their offline clients to Upwork and be eligible for a 0% service fee on payments from those clients. Please note that only the owner of the Top Rated or Rising Talent Agency could use the benefit of the Bring Your Own Client program. However, I checked your account and it doesn't look like you have the Top Rated Badge. To start with, you can find the requirements for the badge here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
36ec78f8
Community Member

Hi, Arjay 

Thank you, and couple questions to clarify: 

1) Does this mean that after I get top rated badge, that I will be able to get a 0% comission in the case where my client is  already registered on the platform, not a new account from my affiliate link?

2) If I will start a  project with this clien now on a regular comissions basis, will I be able to  get a 0% comission with them after I get the top rated badge?

Hi Max,

AJ here stepping in for Arjay. To answer your questions:

1. If they're already on Upwork, that means they are not considered under the "Bring Your Own Client" program.

2. If you start a project with a client who's already on Upwork, the 0% service fee will not apply even if you have the Top Rated badge.

Please note that the client must be new to Upwork and signed up using the BYOC invitation link to qualify for this promotion. Also, please note as well that all contracts applying for BYOC are subject for review and 0% service fee is not guaranteed.

~ AJ
Upwork
084ef8f0
Community Member

I want to bring my non upwork local client to upwork through "Invite non-Upwork clients to create proposals" feature.

Please guide me how it works? 10% fee will be chared or not? And tell me complete method to do it, as I have not done it earlier. 

084fc999
Community Member

Hi, 
I received rising talent four days ago, but neither my referral link nor any communication about it.

I would like to refer my client to Upwork and get 0% fee, how can I do that?

How can I get my referral link?

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Shohidul, 

I apologize for the delay; we had to look into this further. A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through this support ticket so you can be assisted with your request. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kaanoranvcd
Community Member

Hello,

I am a Top Rated Plus freelancer. I would like to bring my own client to Upwork. Could you please send me the link so I can share it with my client?

Also, I have a few questions regarding BYO which I am surprised nobody asked.

1. There are no fees for freelancers. How about the client? Is the client gonna pay % a 3-5 fee or is it free for them no matter the method they will use? I want to inform my client about this.
  2. I assume that my client will create an account here once he clicks on my link. What I am wondering is if our contract looks like a usual contract on Upwork and affect my JSS and total earnings.

Looking forward.

Thanks,
Kaan

Community Member

I am "new rising talent." I beleive I am allowed for the Bring Your Own Client program. Where can i find the personalized link? how do i activate it?

Hi Aiman,

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for your feedback actually you can hire or search clients if you do make a proposal to your clients updates . So that they could see what’s in your proposal projects account that might they will buy hire employers or they could be applying for jobs post .

It might can solve your feedback about your details
First
Search jobs
Apply for the jobs
Find clients make your own proposal
Recieve iterviews
Get and recieved feedback
Join in community forum
Get help support from others services in upwork try communicate from my others freelancers
Post the jobs
Be sure you got enough bids connects to buy connects

Any informations you can subscribe it on
Accessibility help & service provider.

Good luck!
Mary Ann
sedrak_sargsyan
Community Member

Hi Upwork team, am a Top Rated and I would like to bring my client to Upwork. Do I need to get a specific/referral link from you to send to my client? 

Regards, Set

I think the can just log in and invite you to their work it would be easier, I will see if there is an easier way and update you with it.

Thanks for your reply Mariam, I thought to bring my client to Upwork for testing 0% fee system. But looks like it's taking a while getting a response from the Upwork team when it needs ASAP.

mahabubul09
Community Member

How I can send an invite to pay payment 0% fee through Upwork?

Hi Md Alam,

The Bring Your Own Program is only available to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. If you still would like to work with an outside client through Upwork, you can send a Direct Contract to them.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths