🐈
» Forums » Support » AI Generated Jobs' Descriptions, Worth it?
Page options
5fb4b084
Community Member

AI Generated Jobs' Descriptions, Worth it?

Hello freelancers,

I wonder if you guys are replying to jobs the descriptions of which are AI-Generated. It always seems to me that the author of the assignment is so disinterested in the proposed work that he trusts the description to be written by AI. 

What do you do? Would you spend your valuable connects to that kind of job?

2 REPLIES 2
b03a5f31
Community Member

It's understandable to feel uncertain when encountering job descriptions that might seem AI-generated. In my experience, what matters most is the clarity and detail provided in the job post itself. Whether it's authored by the client directly or aided by AI tools, our focus as freelancers is on understanding the project requirements and demonstrating our capability to deliver results.

Ultimately, Upwork connects us with clients who are ready to move forward with their projects, and our goal as freelancer is to always to showcase how we can add value to their specific needs.

I mean check this out upwork literally ask buyers if they want to have their job description written by AI

894e725c
Community Member

For me, It depends on if I'd want to do the actual role or not, and if payment is verified. I think people have to get beyond this belief that using ChatGPT is lazy or shows disinterest. Even if the description is written with AI, which Upwork is pushing pretty hard, you still have to proofread and edit it so it sounds the way you want it. That's with any writing. If I dictacte a letter am I being lazy or disinterested in the result? 

I remember those article spinners back in the day. The search engines were flooded with low quality articles and there were plenty who had no problem with churning them out. Then came the sites like Writesonic and JasperAI. Writers have been using those type of tools for at least 6 years.

In the same way I reluctantly put away my typewriter and learned how to write 'for the web" in early 2000, in order to be more productive, efficient, and effective, I'm sure someone who doesn't author project proposals everyday might think using the AI help Upwork offers is a quick way to describe what they need. 

I guess it just comes down to personal preference and whether the project seems like a good fit for you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths