🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I can't submit any proposal
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
anggalesmana
Community Member

Hello Sir, can u help me? I have the same problem, my account Upwork has been suspended. 

Hi Angga,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
01d5ea36
Community Member

I am a new client and as soon as I created the account, it got suspended.

I have been emailing back and forth since October 8th and have been performing the steps as requested via email. The response time is frustrating as it takes 2-3 days to get a response. I made the requested changes and my account is still suspended.

I would appreciate it if someone could look into this.

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
robertocg66
Community Member

My profile says 100 percent complete, I have 180 connects, I worked more than 500 hours in the past, why I'm inactive, I can't submit proposals.

Hi Roberto,

I'll have one of the Support Team members assist you further via a support ticket. Please allow them time to review your account and you should be getting an update here with your ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mohamedlulu
Community Member

i have same issue here, not able to submit proposals

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2197e711
Community Member

I'm not able to submit any proposal.

Kindly help me with this 

Hi Azhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
e890bf98
Community Member

upwork suspended.my account for no reason i cant able to post new job on upwork its showing this error "There was an error saving the job: error [75da34e4bcff8e86-SEA, 75da34e4bcff8e86-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information." it s a very bad behavior with customers remove all these errors from my account please

Hi Ettika,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e890bf98
Community Member

i dont understand how its working but pls remove that errors from my account pls

5e67afc6
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I paid the past due balance with a new card but my account is not active yet. 

Please let me know when my account will be active.

Thank you,

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for reaching out. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members will provide an update on this page momentarily. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5e67afc6
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Please let me know when you'll have the update for me.

Thank you,

Shawn

moniqueppc
Community Member

Hi,

I have been with upwork 6 years. I had one missed payment on my client accont as my card expired. Upwork suspended the account and asked me to update my card which I did and paid the balance. I responded to the suspension email a week ago to say the balance is paif and the card updated.

My account is still suspended and I can't see an option to chat in or anything? How on earth do I contact upwork? I took a break from freelancing and now need to ge back into it and I need to look for work. I have earned over 90K with upwork so this not being able to contact them directly to ask why my accont I spent years builind is still suspended??

Regards,

Monique

Hi Nina Monique,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that our team has already reached out to you regarding your suspension appeal. You can access your support tickets here. Feel free to respond to the same ticket thread should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
ccostlow
Community Member

Hello,

I was asked to submit my ID AND BILL for verification which i did. I got a mail this afternoon that the documents have been verified and I am no longer suspended. However, the suspension flag is still on my profile. I am confused.

Hi Alabi,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've followed up with the team on a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ccostlow
Community Member

Hi Luggi, Its been over 48 hrs and this hasnt been sorted. I have done the needful (uploaded relevant documents). I am still surprised my account is under review. How long will this take, because its taking forever.

64ed1eab
Community Member

My Brother upwork permanently suspended for rules violation, but I have pending balance, can I withdraw that amout? I can see it's still pending from last 15 days. 

Hi Mirza,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to discuss other user's accounts with you. Could you please request the account holder to continue communicating on the support ticket initiated on their account? Also, I do not see any pending balance on the Upwork account you are posting this message. Are you referring to the balance on your brother's account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

You should not access your brother's account, or you will be in trouble too. 

401cdd72
Community Member

Hello sir/mam, 

I have already submitted the required documents to verify identity but it is still showing me that your account is suspended, and after submitting it I also received Blue mark on my profile

Screenshot_2022-10-24-09-34-07-44.jpg

Can u help me with it?

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
lklecker
Community Member

I paid my past due amount but I'm still unable to hire anyone and I still have an error that says my account was suspended

Hi Larry,

~ AJ
Upwork

I dont have a support ticket. or do I know how to create one

Hi Larry,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9b85d69f
Community Member

Hi, Can I withdraw money if my Upwork account is permanently suspended?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. You can request this from our team on the same support ticket that is currently open. Please don't hesitate to respond to the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
codebridgetech
Community Member

Please kindly help 🙏

My Upwork account was suspended 5 days ago. I have provided all the requested information but I can not get any meaningful answer from Upwork Support Team.

We have almost 30 people in our agency. They are from Ukraine. This hold is influencing us very much... moreover it's a war in Ukraine... which also influence us a lot.

Our agency was on Upwork for 2 years and we made 600K USD, and we have completed more than 300 projects. We paid tens of thousands of US dollars to Upwork in commission fees and I believe we do not deserve such treatment to us, i.e. silence.

I know that some agencies on Upwork have a chance to have a personal manager who helps them. How to have one?

We want to grow and not be on hold.

Ticket #37416875.

Kind regards,

Myroslav

Hi Myroslav,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Annie, thanks for your reply! I apologize, but can you please give me more clarity? Can you or your colleagues check my ticket, its status, etc.

Sorry, but this is not what we expected from a company like yours.

In 2 years on Upwork we, i.e., 30 people of my agency (and their families), depend on you (i.e., Upwork), and these people want a concrete answer which they can not get already 5 days.

Kind regards,

Myroslav

Annie, do I deserve an answer?

Hi Myroslav,

Thank you for following up. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e4ba8f32
Community Member

My account was suspended. I was asked to reverify my ID which I did by providing all the relevant documents.

It's still being reviewed. I was asked to comply with ToS moving forward and suggested creating an agency. I am all set and read through the article and wish to create an agency, but I am unable to do so. It's been 5 days since my account has been restricted.

Kindly Advise

Jacklyn G.

Hi Jacklyn,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey Annie,

Awaiting a positive response from the team.

Jacklyn G.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths