🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account suspended?
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

Hi Md Amir,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and you've recently replied to it. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rahayags
Community Member

Hello UpWork team, 

My account was suspended. I already answered the email from UpWork and I already submitted an ID for verification. After submitting, it says that I need to wait within 24 hours.

24 hours have passed already and I just want to follow up as I really need to work. And there might be information that I could give for the investigation, I'll be happy to provide.

Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate your help.

Best,

Rose

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. Please note that all inquiries are handled in the manner they are received in the queue. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review and respond to your support ticket. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep.

Thank you for your rapid response. Can I follow up after 48 hours? 

And can I still continue on working? I am not allowed to submit proposals and get my payment. I can still track my time on UpWork and my contracts are ALL still active.

Can I still continue working while I am waiting for my account to reactivate?

Thank you so much,

Rose

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your message. You can continue working on the active jobs but you will be unable to apply for new jobs or initiate a fund withdrawal until the account is restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I appreciate the reply. I want to continue working but I don't have a guarantee when will my suspension will be lifted especially since my earnings are kept in Upwork and couldn't withdraw it. I hope I would get an update on my suspension as almost 48 hours have already passed and an understand that I don't have any assurance on my end. I am hoping that there would be an update before 48 hours please. Thank you

Hi Pradeep, how long does it take for the verification? I already submitted mine hours ago as well as for the bank statement. Is it allowed for the statement to be captured then merged in one PDF document (since I cannot submit more images)? Thank you

Hi Rose,

Thank you for following up. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
rahayags
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

You're an angel. Thank you so much for replying and assisting me. I really hope it will be solved as soon as possible 😞 

rahayags
Community Member

There is still no reply. 

Hi, I've been suspended last Saturday morning and I've already complied with the requirements again. THERE WAS NO UPWORK SUPPORT WHO REACHES OUT. It takes 48 hours for them to reach out then if the process was wrong, then it needed to be done all over again. Upwork support please do something about this. It's almost Christmas and you know how frustrating it is getting on a holiday without even collecting any of my earnings and still you want me to work even though I don't have any assurance how much longer it would take! I've already provided a lot and even addressed questions I needed to proceed since there has been MUCH TIME needed before anyone could reach out to me and reply on my concern. Can somebody please assist me with this? It takes so long. It's already Wednesday now which should be everything is settled.

huzaifah_malik
Community Member

Hi, my account was suspended by Upwork recently without sending any email and they activated it after 10 days of my appeal. As a result, my all proposals were withdrawn and I was not able to get any job. Almost my 60 connects were wasted in this stunt. Now if Upwork did not able to provide any valid reason for suspension can I get my connects back for all the proposals they have withdrawn?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your account suspension. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Please help. I already submitted all the information that they needed but there is still no reply from UpWork.

cc044ac2
Community Member

Hello, 

I logged in this morning to find out my account has been suspended due to financial reasons.  I went and updated my billing with a new credit card successfully.  And the message on top of my screen still says "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support"

I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

What is the next step for me to move past this?

Thank you,

Buddha

Hi Buddha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pagePlease consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
730f08200c330fac
Community Member

I did submit my document and already 48hrs passed.

but my account is still suspended.

Please fix asap

thank you

Hi Sya,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I followed up with the team and one of our team members will be reaching you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e1dd2bca
Community Member

What should I do now?

You should immediately STOP working on that project, contact your client and let her know about the message you received. It is most likely an issue of a failed charge, most clients will be able to resolve this rather quickly! 

She might tell you to continue working and add manual hours later when the problem is resolved, Do not work on the project, unless you know the client, because manually added hours are not covered by Hourly protection and you may never get the money so be careful! 

I have faced this problem only once with a client, he asked me to continue working and add manual hours which I did, because the client was very old on this platform and had spent 1 million + on this platform, so I thought it is unlikely for his to cheat me for a few hundred dollars! 

730f08200c330fac
Community Member

I have the contracts with more than 15 developers in upwork and the account is still suspended for 10 days.

All the developers are refusing to work now and I'm in a very bad position right now.
But upwork remains silent.

Yesterday I contacted the upwork agent but he said he would give me an answer within 24 hours.
24 hours have passed since then and I still have not received a reply.

I think the upwork system and all agents are not working now.

Hi Sya,

Thank you for reaching out. We totally understand how you want this issue resolved immediately. However, I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
332a17c8
Community Member

my account has been restricted for 5day until you complete the Identity Verification

Hi Ayoub,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
gorshteninyan
Community Member

Hey everyone, so its been about 7 days, I gave it some time - and I cannt apply to jobs, or even view my membership plan (14.99 one) and im losing days on days of potential jobs and income. I've been able to withdrawl all my payments with no issues.

But even when I go to Upwork Support tab, i cant see an option to even contact live chat. Weird.

I get this notfication on the page:

Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance.

I've added 2 cards over one week, all successfully added and have money in the accounts, nothing is being charged from Upwork. So theres no failed charges.

I've reset my cache and history, I've added cards, I'm not suspended by any means. I'm losing income. I cant apply to jobs. Its frustrating. I'm attaching some screenshots of the "Apply Now" buttons being greyed out (not clickable)

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 12.18.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 12.19.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 12.20.06 AM.png

I'm very frustrated, cant even contact upwork support. I need this resolved.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

I had an account 2 years ago but got suspended permanently because of issue on upwork site which makes me frustrated. And  even worse, without reason, the CS thought that I violated a TOS which I think I don't

On that account,  everythings are verified, the national ID card, Bank account, you name it. And also did bought some connects because I was serious on upwork.

Any possibility it can be reinstated?

Not really, but who knows upwork gods may smile upon you!

Hi Dika,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you're referring to? The email address associated with it would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
91d20e8d
Community Member

Hi everyone, 
Please help me out that my Upwork account was verified and i get good revenue on my account. But my account was suspended on a project of 2000$. After suspension my client apporved its milestone and amount is showing in balance.
Upwork has deducted its fee amount of 200$ and now don;t allow me to withdraw my balance of 1800$ from my suspended account.
Kindly help me out and after how many months i will get my balance amount.
Thanks

Hi Ozair,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked with our team and I would like to clarify that the funds will be returned to the original payment method.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f6828781
Community Member

My account has been suspended.  I was not given the reason why?  How can I get activated again pleas?  Help me.  Thank you.

Hi Lillian,

I'm sorry to learn that you got caught off guard about the status of your account. However, I can see that the team has sent you a notification via email with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue. You may want to review your email or this page for the support ticket associated with it. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to the email and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
tayedev
Community Member

Hey guys I don't get it, everything is filled out and up to date... my account should be good to go but I can't apply for work.

I have 269 connects.

I am active and still have ongoing contracts 

I can access all of my features it seems except applying for work.

What gives?

Hi Taiwo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
d6b94892
Community Member

I can't post a job offer on Upwork as a client. Have been on Upwork for months and it never happened before. My colleague is having the same issue. PS I checked permissions already, I don't have full permissions, don't know if something changed there.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7da6f7a8
Community Member

I am a client, One of the freelancers I work with, cant Approve my contract because my account is currently suspended it says. But I have another freelancer who was able to approve my contract. How do I fix this ? Also I didn't get a notification, mail or any sign that my account got suspended or something like that. I am still able to send the contract but it looks like the freelancer cant approve because of my account.  I cant seem to contact the team. Thanks in Advance.

Hi Victor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for the quick reaction Annie. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths