🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Apply now button is not working
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
d348ddca
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Support Team.
Recently my account was suspended without any reason even though I've been abiding to Upwork's terms and conditions. And I follow all the terms and conditions of upwork. And my account is showing suspended without any reason. Please provide quick solution. Upwork didn't tell me why I was suspended and I didn't receive a message on my gmail. And I have already contacted the contact support it's been almost five hours I still haven't received any response
Do you mind checking it for me and hopefully reactivating my account?.

Thank you

Hi Disha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dinrelik
Community Member

Hello there!
I got a message that my account has been suspended. I also see a notification about this at the top of my profile page. I have already filled in all the information that was required of me, but my account is still inactive. This is not normal! I'm losing customers because of Upwork! 

First of all there is no reason for this absurdity, because all my clients are happy with my work! Secondly, when I filled all the data, I saw a message that the issue will be resolved within 24 hours, and that time has passed, but I have not received any response on both requests: #38525469, #38526560! This is an extremely unpleasant situation for me because of which I lose my reputation and money! I demand that you unblock me immediately!

Hi Din,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
dinrelik
Community Member

Hey Nikola, your colleagues keep ignoring the problem Upwork has created for me. It's been three days now. You have already violated the deadline you set for resolving the issue. Do I really need to complain about this indifference on social networks? I've been working for Upwork for 3 years and I pay you a commission so you can destroy my reputation?

Hi Din,

We certainly understand how you really want this issue with your account resolved immediately. I have submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case and you should be getting an update on this ticket here momentarily. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
j4ckt
Community Member

My account was suspended after 2 failed payment attempts as my card was lost and I was waiting on a new card.

I have just changed payment methods to paypal and paid the outstanding balance however the account is still suspended.

Why is it so hard to speak to someone or even create a ticket. All of the help links circle to the same support page and the chat is just a bot that spams you to the same locations. Even the link to "appeal" the suspension redirects to the main support page.

The bot even advises to reply to the emails you recieve however all of the emails recieved were from a donotreply email address.

It's so easy to make payment but when you need help why is it so incredibly hard?!

How do I reactivate my account?

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Upwork
morrisonanele
Community Member

My account was Restricted due to violation of Upwork's Terms of Services

I was given a link to reply the thread to lift the restrictions placed on my account and I have done that yet the restrictions placed on my account hasn't been lifted yet.

Please kindly escalate these to the agent incharge to ensure that the restrictions placed on my account is being removed

Best Regards

Morrison 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please I need urgent response towards these issue 

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already been able to reply to your support ticket regarding this. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Am expecting a favourable response from the agent 

Hello Mrs Andrea G am yet to get any response from the agent

Please can you look into it ,have done all that is required from me as indicated in the thread link yet the Restrictions hasn't been removed from my account.

Please I need urgent attention towards these issues on ground 

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for your message. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the manner they are received in the queue. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your support ticket.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for the update will be expecting a favourable response from them

These almost 24 hours and yet no response from the agents what  next for me

839509d3
Community Member

I removed my disabled paypal from upwork.
But my upwork account is still suspended.
I hope to restore it soon.

After the account is restored I try to add my card.

Hi Junisda,

Thank you for your message. Your account will be automatically restored as soon as you add a valid billing method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0d726a11
Community Member

My Freelancer account got suspended without any reason and without any notice, all my years of hardwork and rating got suspended in one shot.

Even my pending amounts also got stuck with Upwork. 

Hi Sushant,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
0d726a11
Community Member

Hi Andrea 
I am not getting any option to send message directly so I am replying the same thread, Here is the freelancer profile **Edited for Community Guidelines** , I didnot received any of the email or the notification about the suspension and now I am stuck as I cannot do much with the profile. I cannot apply to new jobs, cannot withdraw my balance.

Hi Sushant,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked the account and noticed that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep 
I see my request has been marked as solved but my account is still suspended, please guide me more about this. 

Thanks 
Sushant Bansal

Hi Sushant,

Thank you for your message. Your support ticket is in the queue and will be responded to shortly.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3d295825
Community Member

please what can I DO

Hi Chinonso,

Thank you for your message.  I see that your account is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7a8a6281
Community Member

I was suspended because of review manipulation, so I turned in all the project documents and tracked down the client via LinkedIn.

After I provided all the screenshots from the LinkedIn chat, Upwork notified me that all the restrictions on my account would be lifted. However, my account is currently permanently blocked by Upwork without notifying me.

What should I do now?

Hi Maryam,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
antheamae
Community Member

Hi!

I am writing to inquire about the suspension of my account. I have not received any explanation or notification via email. Could you investigate the reason for this action? It is causing me inconvenience.

Anthea

Hi Anthea,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35961ce3
Community Member

Hello @Upwork 
My Co-worker's account got suspended for no reason at all, He just even completed his all verification and did call with Upwork agent to get verified. A moment after that his account got banned and he can't even log in and form an appeal. He says when he tried to log in the error showed saying "contact the support team your id has been blocked". He says he even contact the support team but he didn't get any response. He was just a beginner on this platform and he faced that issue. I was the one who recommended this platform to him but now I am ashamed. I am writing this issue on his behalf, Please solve his issue if needed I can provide the  E-mail id and name of his ID. 

Please give me a suggestion as soon as possible. 

Hi Abhishek,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
cbe7023a
Community Member

Hi, I've been trying to apply for jobs using my agency's profile but the "APPLY NOW" button is grey instead of green and appears not to be clickable . I've tried everything i can but it's still not working. I need this to be rectified as soon as possible.

Please see picture as reference. Thank you. 

cbe7023a_0-1674662499624.png

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cbe7023a
Community Member

Hi, I need update to this. Really need your help, Thank you. 

Hi Kimberly,

I am sorry for the late response. I checked and it looks like you do not have permission to submit proposals on behalf of the agency. You may want to communicate with your agency owner about changing your permission or submitting a proposal from their end. 

You can find more information in this help article

Thank you for your patience, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I have an agency and just found out the we have an option not to let our member send proposal for them. May I know where can I check this please or is there an option where I can limit the number of proposals they can submit in a day? Thank you.

Regards,

Mary

Hi! Mine is also not clickable. Please help! 

Hi Claire,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths