🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account - Profile Picture
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
msclaired
Community Member

That still did not work. I even logged in using incognito.

Hi Claire,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Good afternoon? the same problem, the Aplly now button does not work. Tried using browser and mobile app 

Hi Anton,

I checked and it looks like our team reached out to you about this via this support ticket. Please follow up with them directly so they can help you. You can reopen the ticket by replying to the email notification sent about it.

~Andrea
Upwork
khandekar_sarang
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Apology for wrong post but I really need help to solve this mess!

I am into a situation where Upwork support is not proved helpful until now. I have had an account with my official id in the past (2015) and now the official email id is permanently closed because the organization does not exist. I never used that account to bid a project it was just a trial account to learn how Upwork works. I missed to close it. 

I opened another account which we can call it as a my main account & I have now spent over 1500+ hours and hard earned top rated badge on this account. 

With good gesture I created support ticket & requested Upwork to close my old account because its of no use. Upwork all sudden suspended my main account where I have 4 ongoing contracts, when I asked reason for suspending the main account, their response was because I need to solve other account issue & close it. 

I have submitted a form where we can request Upwork to update email id so that we can update password, security question. With that we can login to old account and close it, once again Upwork has not provided satisfactory resolution. Can Upwork directly close my old account I fully authorize Upwork to do it, no ongoing contract associated with that account.

Anyone in the community faced this issue & solved it? I absolutely want my main account suspension revoked on priority. Any help/suggestion on this thread I appreciate your kind help.

Regards,

Sarang

Hi Sarang,

We certainly understand how you want this issue resolved so that you can proceed with your preferred account. However, please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account, and having multiple ones is a violation of Upwork's TOS. 

As mentioned on this support ticket here, feel free to coordinate and provide the information required by the team to resolve the issue. You can always update your ticket on this page or the email and the team will surely assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
23a309ff
Community Member

Good afternoon, I didn’t understand why they blocked me, I didn’t do anything, I took a picture of my passport and waited for an operator to contact me, even there was no letter in the mail. This income is very important to me.

My friend's account, not mine can help emu

Emu no one answers
, and he cannot create a ticket because his account was blocked

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

no one answered me so far can you help my friend emu account blocked
870ae0a7
Community Member

Hello upwork friends.

My account has been suspended.

I verified my account with a profile photo and via video call by identifying myself some days ago. I have acquired the blue check.

But then I did the stupidity of changing my profile picture to an edited picture where I'm in profile and not frontal, just because I liked it better.

Apparently this is not good for upwork line guides. I didn't know and admitted my mistake.

I changed my profile picture as the assistant suggested me to do, putting one where my face is clearly visible even if the photo is a bit dark. But in a few hours I will exchange it again for a professional and bright one made with a professional camera.

I'm making this topic hoping that someone from upwork will see it and in a few hours will be able to unlock my account from all the limitations. 

I don't want the discomfort to last a few days, I hope it resolves itself in a few hours.

Regards, 

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie. Thank you for your reply. 

There is no chance to have one live support with one human? 

Time is precious and is not a good situation have the account suspended for one photo. 

Regards, 

Alessandro

And please if you can, can you tell me if you think that this photo that actually I have fit good in my profile? 

Does it mean: if this for your experience can be the right photo? I'm afraid that is not good and I have to wait again for the reply after the first, and in the while my account is suspended. 

Regards 

55d51cba
Community Member

I just create an account and fill all the informations, but my account has been suspendet, there is no any reason that I can see. 

I literally just create the account this is make no sense. Can anybody help me? 

Hi Onur,

I'm sorry to hear how this has inconvenienced you. I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and I can confirm that the account hold has been lifted. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
stargazer21
Community Member

Note: I'm a TOP RATED PLUS freelancer, with 100% job success. Upwork suddenly put my account on hold for no reason and would not give me any reason. 

Tried to comply to all the requiremens:

1. Provided all the documents needed

- Bank statement

- Passport

- Driver's License

2. Verification Call. 

Yet the account has been on hold for 2-3 weeks. 

If you contact their costumer support, they would just keep telling you to that they will get back to you within 24-48 hours. 

Have about $11,317.66 that I can't withdraw. Tried to refund this money to the cleints and Upwork also did not refund this money to the client. 

So where does this money go? To Upwork? 

Upwork just blatantly stealing from the client and freelancers?

No costumer support to even solve your issue. 

They did not steel it. They probably need to figure out why you need to refund so much to clients.

If I were to hazard a guess, your account was suspended to investigate fraud. Probably triggered by fraudulent or seemingly fraudulent activity by one of your clients.

Regarding the money, remember that Upwork is an escrow service. They could lose their license if they steal yours and other's money as you suggest.

Out of curiosity, why would you try to refund $11k? Wouldn't you want to leave it until the account hold was lifted?

Hi Christine,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties with your account and payments. However, I can see that you've been communicating with the team and several support tickets have been created as well. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. 

We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5fb87f1d
Community Member

I've had my account suspended due to having a second account, which I opened a long time ago and had forgotten about. They tell me to close one of the accounts HOWEVER when I try to close one, it says I can't BECAUSE IT'S SUSPENDED! Make it all make sense. The phone number for their office says to go to support.upwork.com and you'll be able to speak to a real person, which is knowhere to be seen. Any help is most appreciated.

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5fb87f1d
Community Member

Good morning Arjay, no one has reached out, there is no record of my ticket. When I click the link you provided it takes me to a blank page. Can we please resolve this. I would like to have my account unsuspended SO THAT I can deactivate the one that you're asking me too. You're asking me to do something and then at the same time preventing me from doing what you asked. Please help. Thank you.

3ed852fe
Community Member

Hello! My account was suspended due to a lack of money on the payment method connected.

I resolved this by connecting a new billing method and paying all the bills, but still, I can not submit applications as a freelancer.

Can you help? Appreciate it.

Hi Arsenii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
db75199b
Community Member

Hi,

I can't understand why my account is suspended. Can you help me?

Thanks

Enes,

Please click the "Get Support: green button on the bottom right side of the screen for assistance. Have a great day!

Hi Enes,

Getting support from our team as William suggested is the best way to have this issue with your account resolved. That said, I took the liberty of escalating your case directly to our Support Team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Feel free to access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ma_vanessa
Community Member

Hi, Good day Admin.

I've tried many times to contact support about my account getting suspended and  I don't know what the reason behind it is. Please anyone help me? I need to get a job here and it's been years since I build this account of mine. Please Help.. anyone?

This is my account 

Hello Ma. Vanessa,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents has reached out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
286ff571
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team! Its been 72 hours I have submitted documents for Identity Verification but my account is still suspended, when I go through the link which upwork provided for submitting documents it takes me on the upwork main page. What's going on? Can you please take a view on the matter and let me know by when I can get back my account. I shall be very thankful to you for this favor.

Hi Muhammad,

We certainly understand how you want this issue with your account resolved immediately. However, I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
87a55348
Community Member

Hi, my account has been suspended during my ID verification stage, I have submitted a ticket a little less than a week ago but have received no responses to my case  #38821672

I was told on a separate case unrelated to my account suspension #38809229

that there was another account that belongs to me. However I have checked all of my emails for UpWork account information and none of them have ever set up an account with UpWork. It would be helpful to know what email this unknown account that is causing a suspension is listed under so I can investigate. But I have yet to receive any information on that.

I am unable to apply to jobs or pursue earning on UpWork due to these problems

Hi Joshua,

We apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. However, I can see that you've already communicated with the team and raised several support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
6b71f71a
Community Member

I have uploaded my drivers license multiple times to verify my ID, but they keep declining my account, saying "information doesn't match" or "not proper ID card" it's a valid license and my information is the same. Now my account is suspended and no one has helped me thus far. I need my identity to be verified, I rely on this platform and others to survive. Please someone help me, I can even take a picture with my id.

Hi Issac,

~Andrea
Upwork
avetisyan_sargis
Community Member

Hi Upworkers

My account is suspended all of a sudden and I don't undertsnad why. I'm well aware of Upwork policy and have never done anything that could violate the terms. I was actively looking a new project, submmiting proposals, but they suspended my accound for no reason. 
On the verification page I only got this short info: We noticed your name has changed on your account, so we need to verify that you are the owner of this account. But I have never changed my account name and I have never had any reason to do so. 
Is there anyone that can tell me what's going on? 
Have they added new policy or changed someting in the terms? 

I really hope to get some answers here.

Thanks!

Hi Sargis,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that the relevant team has already notified you with the next steps to restore your account. You can access your support tickets here Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths