🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Helpless - Account suspended for weeks du...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

Hello, Annie. Nobody reach me during 3 weeks. 
I appeal of my old account suspension due war in Ukraine. I still do not want to use my new/current account because old account has some finished projects in the my current field of interest.

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
96e95e81
Community Member

Dear Support Team,

I am writing to appeal my account suspension. My account was suspended and I was shocked to receive the notification.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any violation of Upwork's policies that may have led to my suspension. I understand that Upwork is a platform that values professionalism and ethical behavior and I would like to assure you that I am committed to upholding these values.

I believe that I can make a valuable contribution to Upwork as a freelancer and I hope that you will consider lifting my suspension. I look forward to your response and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Jayanti Solanki

Hi Jayanti,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
donitas
Community Member

can someone please message me? I cannot message support about my account suspension but all balances have been cleared.

Hi Donita,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
dbee0583
Community Member

Hello, i just made changes in my profile and was trying to find my first job. Got my account suspended by i dont know the reason.

Hi Adelino,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8798abba
Community Member

Hi,

My client account was suspended due to a required identity check 19 days ago.
I immediately submitted my documents, but have yet to hear back.

Whenever I tried contacting support, they tell me that they are still in the process of reviewing the account.

The Upwork support documents claim the process should take 48 hours, yet it's been almost 20 days.
In the meantime, I've been blocked from contacting the chat support.
In addition, nobody replies to my queries on the open ticket, and in the past weekend the support agents tried to automatically close that ticket due to "no activity".

I'm a long-term customer that is truly helpless now.
I've spent a lot on the platform, and feel like Upwork doesn't care.

Really looking for direction, the suspension really hurt my business.
Best regards.

I hope it will be checked soon by Upwork team

Hi Offek,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case and kindly expect one of the team members to update this ticket momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
8798abba
Community Member

Thanks Arjay,
I got a response that my appeal is being reviewed.
The thing is, I didn't appeal anything!
All I was asked for is my identification document.

Can you please check what's going on?

Much appreciated...

487136ab
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I lived and worked in Belarus and had my account suspended after the events hapenned at 2022.

I've now relocated to Poland and I'm trying to file a suspension ticket from my old account, but the system tells that "the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."

Can you pelase help me to remove the suspension from my old account.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jury

Hi Juri,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e095cbc1
Community Member

Hi,

I couldn't get why my account has been suspended. I checked for the emails but I couldn't find one saying my account has been suspended and the reason why? Still, I didn't get an update from the support team and I did reply to the ticket.

I’d make sure not to repeat that again. Please help me to restore my account. Thanks for your better support.

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
anthonymaingi
Community Member

I reported here about my inability to submit reports about a week ago. I was told by support that my primary billing method in my freelancer account had a status of declined. I was advised to remove the billing method and the limitation would be lifted.

I already removed it and added another, but I still have restrictions and still can't send proposals. Apply button is still dimmed. Kindly assist.

Hi Antony,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already communicated with the team regarding the status of your account via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through that ticket and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jawadbhatti1996
Community Member

My freelancer upwork account got suspended due to the issue with my credit card on my client account. I've resolved the issue and made all the outstanding payments by adding a new card. However, I still see my account as suspended as neither I am able to bid on a project nor someone else can access my profile. 

Hi Jawad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c538271e
Community Member

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a great week. I received a message from upwork last week that a guy has purchased a project. I completed the task and submitted it and client approved the task. Few days back another client purchased the project of 800$. Ònce i got notification from upwork of payment in escrow, i started working on the task and submitted for approval, client didnot respond back instead after submission of file, i got an email from upwork that my account has been suspended due to suspecious activity and asked about this client. I replied that i don't know that client as we didn't have any chat, later that contract was ended by upwork and i didn't got money. Now my account has been reactivated but my top rated badge has been removed. In nutshell, instead of being paid for the task, my badge has been taken and account was suspended. Kindly if anyone could guide me what shluld i do ?

Hi Dr Aamir,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Upwork account. It sounds like there may have been some suspicious activity with the second client who purchased your project, which led to your account being suspended.

If you haven't already, I would recommend reaching out to Upwork customer support to see if they can provide more information on what happened and why your account was suspended. You can contact them through the Upwork Help Center or by emailing support@upwork.com.

In the meantime, it's important to be transparent and honest with Upwork about any potential suspicious activity or clients that you may not be familiar with. This can help to prevent any further issues with your account in the future.

As for your top rated badge being removed, it's possible that this is a temporary measure while Upwork investigates the situation. Once your account has been fully reviewed and any issues have been resolved, your top rated badge may be reinstated.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving this issue with Upwork.

Hi Dr Aamir,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and found no active suspension on your account. Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
drmoh95
Community Member

I really went through more than 10 months of rigorous verification process, having issues with the identification agency in my country as i complained and finally solved. Verified my Id, email and facial identity with an Upwork rep. Got the verified badge and was ready to work, only to be hit with another suspension.

Reason: I have another account with the same email. 

How is that even possible? And even if that's the case, the suspension email is telling that the other account (which i have no access to,) is available for use while my active one is suspended.

How is that even fair?

Now, i have lost a bid i had good chances of getting because it has been canceled. 

Sometimes i can't help but think I'm not wanted on this platform. I responded to the email days ago and i have gotten no response. 

My question is: how do i get my account unsuspended?

You can delete the other account and let me get to work. It's honestly exhausting 

Hi Muhammed,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that our support team has already initiated a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
a5537509
Community Member

I've been trying for 30 minutes to add a ticket or even find the chatbot and nothing comes up for me! So infuriating - I've added two cards to my account now and it's still blocking me 

Financial transactions are limited, though I've added two new cards and no outstanding balance. 

I couldn't find a chat bot or add a support ticket so I'm pulling my hair out trying to solve the issue - if someone could please help that would be great 😊

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c48ee532
Community Member

Can someone post a contact number to speak to a customer support person, to clear this block on my account? its intensely frustrating that after hours of searching and attempts to clear this, i am no closer to doing so. Its unacceptable. The help page and bot are terrible.

Hi Oliver,

I checked and it looks like your account was recently resumed today. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
cherrynadinerome
Community Member

Greetings!

This is not the account that was suspended. I just used this account to request assistance on behalf of the other account  because I cannot open it due to it was suspended. The suspended account email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can you please look into it? Thank you!

Hi Cherry,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform that your account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
35a3f4dd
Community Member

I have just finished a contract and have another contract in process, however, after finishing my first contract I cannot apply for any new job suuddenly,

Hi Komal,

Our team has sent you an email regarding this, could you please reply directly to them via email so they can assist you?

~Andrea
Upwork
35a3f4dd
Community Member

I didnot recieve any email. I even checked spam.

286ff571
Community Member

Hi there! I received this email today from upwork: "We’re contacting you today because we’ve noticed some irregular activity on your account. In order to help ensure your security and increase the integrity of the Upwork community, we have placed some features on hold.

At this point, we need you to verify your identity so we can get you up and running again on Upwork. Note: This is needed even if you’ve verified your identity with us before." But my account is already verified and Top Rated. However, I submitted the documents for identification again. Kinly review them ASAP and recover my account so I can start my new projects, thanks.

Hi Hamza,

If you have already opened a ticket with Support, you will need to give them 2 to 5 business days to respond. Have a great day!

Sure! I can wait but there is also a line which is saying: "Important: If we cannot verify your identity within the next five days your Upwork account may be permanently suspended." So, I am just afraid about it.

Hi Hamza,

I see that you have already submitted your documents. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review your submission and update your account. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Sure! I will wait for 48 hours. Thanks for updating me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths