🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Commun...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

Hi Athena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly understand how you want this issue with your main account resolved immediately. I've shared your concern and account information with the appropriate team for further review. One of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket here. You can also expect an update from the team through the email address associated with the account you need assistance with.

Feel free to coordinate with the team and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
186c2d32
Community Member

i have recently wrote a appeal letter to upwork for my upwork account suspension. I have waited as for 48 hours no response i have got from upwork support forum. Just received 2 to 3 emails which are not helping anykind. I need quick response daily facing new issues with upwork account. Please have a look on my account and make it correct.

Hi Suneel,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
51994de4
Community Member

I am not able to apply for any jobs. The "apply now" button is grey despite me having 47 connects. Please see the photo attached. Thank you

Hi Akia,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble submitting proposals. I've escalated your concern directly to our Support Team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your tickets and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e4e71c42
Community Member

Good afternoon? the "Apply Now" button is still not working, when will you unlock it? No feedback

Hi Anton,

It seems our team reached out to you via this support ticket and are awaiting your response. Please reply directly to them so they can assist you. If you're unable to reply via the help center, please use the email notification sent to you on that date.

~Andrea
Upwork
75c47e56
Community Member

My account suspended Please unsuspended

Hi Nazar,

I can see that our team just updated your support ticket regarding your suspension. Please reply to them directly here so they can continue to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
75c47e56
Community Member

Thanks 

75c47e56
Community Member

Hello upwork please check my account

First support ticket  your upwork account  solved  but now open

Hi Nazar,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team through several support tickets about your concern. As much as we want to assist you here in the Community but user's account information or actions being taken on a user's account cannot be disclosed publicly. As Andrea mentioned, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket on this page so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
etozhunya
Community Member

Hey, Upwork team

Last 5 days my account is suspended and upwork team didn't respond to me about my account status.
I sent my documents and one of them (bank statement) was not applied, I got a mail and resend the documents.
Could you please provide me an update with my account or could you please help me to get back my account?
I'm a little worried beacuse I did a good career on Upwork and now I am suspended..hope you understand

Thanks

Hi  Yevhenii,

We certainly understand your concern and how you want this issue resolved as soon as possible. Since you've been in contact with the appropriate team about your concern via a support ticket, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. You can always check and update your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
75c47e56
Community Member

First support ticket  your upwork account  solved  but now open

Hi Nazar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Please upwork  my financial account suspend please recover it.

sushmatec
Community Member

I have update the credit card and inserted all information successfully. My account is still suspended.

"Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance"

Hi Manish,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/39999856

~ AJ
Upwork
96cabbd2
Community Member

Hi,

My account just got suspended. I'm completely new to Upwork and don't know the contents in my post are not allowed. I've reviewed Terms of Service and I replied to the ticket. But my account is still suspended. May I know when can this be solved?

Hi Jianxin,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to learn about the unexpected changes taken on your account. I can also confirm that your response has been submitted to the team handling your case. Please allow our team time to further review and you will be getting an update on your email or your ticket here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
927fe744
Community Member

Hi, I have been on upwork for some time now. Recently, my Paypal had some issues which led to a payment that could not be processed and my financial activity was restricted on Upwork.

I rectified this immediately and now have cleared all past balances etc.

I am unable to buy more connects or access the help chatbox anymore. My account seems to be fine, but when I go to the help & support page it still says "Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance."
I am also unable to access any sort of help or raise a ticket. It has been like this for the past 5 days. Request prompt help pls.

For anyone reading here, I have also tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari etc) and still have the same issue. I also noticed I cannot send any proposals. Seems my account is suspended but there is not ticket, or way for me to raise a ticket. Would appreciate all the help I can get here.

Hi Galav,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
927fe744
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, thanks for this escalation. It has been marked as solved but my account is still the same. I have been referred to a previously solved ticket and cannot raise any more. Pls help. No replies on the ticket or previous ticket yet

jamzt01
Community Member

Hi team,

My account has been suspended for a long time maybe due to long inactivity. 

I did my identity verification today (April 17th) but my account is still on hold. 

What are the best steps from here? 
Thanks. 

jamzt01
Community Member

I mean next* steps from here

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Feel free to access your ticket on this page and your email to coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b99fce55
Community Member

As a l mentioned in the title,my account suspended 8days ago and still nobody works on my problem.l have explained situation at least 50 times,but l do not get any response.They only say you have open ticket and you should contact with that agent.But there is no agent there.l have not done any serious thing.Please do not tell me l have open ticket l know this but l am just freaking why nobody get in touch with me for 8 days

Hi Chingiz,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members has already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hello again.Nobody has responded my appeal ticket it is still open and l have not received any response.Could you please help me your own?l want help directly from you not from others, always someone says that you have open ticket or one of our agents responded you .....But in reality no one helps me and still my account is under suspension without any reason.l put pictures.Do you see nobody responded and ticket is open (which does not let me sent another appeal)

b99fce55_0-1682060104464.png

b99fce55_1-1682060174756.png

Hi Chingiz,

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible. Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Sir why you always try to avoid  from my problem , l just do not understand this.Why you do not help me directly why and why one of you always try to direct my work to others.Please help me and give my account back.l just can not understand why it is very complicated to solve my suspension problem if i have not done anything against rules?  Why you say me be patience why should i be patience if i can not use my account for 10 days without any logical reason?./😞😠

Hi Chingiz,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. We totally understand how you want this issue with your account resolved immediately so that you can start using it again. As much as we want to assist you here in the Community, we cannot disclose any information or actions being taken on a user's account publicly due to privacy reasons. 

We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket on this page so that you'll be assisted accordingly. We would appreciate your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sdmnskb99
Community Member

Dear Upwork Customer Service,
I am writing to report an issue with one of my friend's Upwork account. His account has been suspended, and he has been directed to contact customer service for further information. However, he is redirected to the job or home page whenever he clicks on the customer service or help, or dispute links. He has tried clearing all the cache and cookies and accessing customer service on different browsers, but unfortunately, the issue persists. He was unable to contact customer service to resolve this matter, and it is frustrating, as it has impacted his ability to continue working on the platform. Please investigate this matter and resolve the issue as soon as possible because he must take the necessary steps to reactivate my account. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

His email : **Edited for Community Guidelines**
His Profile Link : 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sadman,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your friend's account. I am unable to discuss other user's accounts with you and I recommend requesting the account owner contact us directly for better assistance. They can respond to the email notification for the support ticket received on their registered email address to initiate a communication.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, Thank you for Replying. 
Due to glitches, he is unable to respond to tickets as the appealing form redirects to the homepage instantly of upwork and the email at**Edited for community guidelines**. says it's no longer monitored. Also he had no response from**Edited for community guidelines**. If you could kindly create a ticket for him, it would be helpful for him to get back to the platform and start working as he is unable to contact support directly.

This was the request :**Edited for community guidelines**

His Profile ID : **Edited for community guidelines**

His Name :**Edited for community guidelines**

a8cc8db5
Community Member

Hello,

I have made a client account a while ago and I have hired someone and forgot to confirm the payment after words I have paid them what I owed them and now on my freelance account I am not able to apply for jobs any suggestions or how I may fix this?

Kind regards. 

Hi Aleksij,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths