🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Commun...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
5f8e07d3
Community Member

Hello, I try to apply for a jobs but its not wokring just showing as gray and I cant click it. Please check 

Hi Johnnie,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
f3e3ac5a
Community Member

Hello, this week I had suspension on my account and had earnings 1804$ in the review, I've been contanstanly appealing and replied to the open ticket that this was first ever hold/suspension on my account since start and then I provided the accurate documents and want just a single chance to correct my mistake, I've never even got single warning or hold in my upwork career and now permanently got suspended.

I've not even got a single reply since the supsension and previously had no history of even a hold.

The main problems that is stressing my deeply is that my previous week's earning (1804$) are still in review even after friday and I heard on multiple community forums regarding payments returned to the client, These are hard earned earning from my clients and never even got a single dispute and please do something about this, this is currently the main problems and I don't think I can afford to lose this amount of money. I've replied to my only open ticket regarding all the matter but still no response.

I had to create this account as I was unable do post on community or open any new support ticket from my original account and will immediately delete this account after that.

I request the moderator/manager reviewing the post to atleast review my open ticket, I just want a single chance but please atleast do something regarding the earnings, I really can't afford to lost that amount and would create a lot of problems.

Please request the person incharge of the open ticket to atleast do something about the earnings, please.

this is my email associated with original account and open ticket link : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/40057503

You do realize that Upwork doesn't allow for duplicate accounts, right? You are violating the TOS by creating this new account.

I'll immediately delete this but had no option

I was top rated plus before suspension with 100% job score and just want a single chance to correct my mistake

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community for assistance. However, I can see that you've been in contact with the team handling your case and several support tickets have been set up as well. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through the email associated with the account you need assistance with so that they could assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f3e3ac5a
Community Member

Hi Arjay, however the payments are currently showing in pending and I think should be availabe around wednesday but the support is still not going into any help.

Hi Muhammad,

We certainly understand how you want this issue with your main account resolved. As much as we want to assist you here in the Community, we can't discuss any information or actions being taken on a user's account publicly due to privacy and security reasons. In addition to that, you're currently using a newly created duplicate account which is a clear violation of Upwork's TOS.

We seek your utmost understanding of the limitations on what we can discuss here in the Community. With that said, it looks like the team has responded to your ticket with more information about the status of your account today. Feel free to review your ticket or your email and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f3e3ac5a
Community Member

Thanks Arjay, I'll certainly delete this account permanently and currently I've lost even login access to my account. This just feels a bit sad but can't do anything. It's even worse now and can't even contact my previous clients.

leiva_lucila
Community Member

Im posting here to help my boyfriend because he got his account suspended due to having another account created under his identity, he is aware that an account was created by mistake (hopefully) but he does not have access to the email used to create the account, when trying to login to upwork with the username there's a message that says the account is suspended and he should check the email sent to this unknow maiblox resolve the issue but he does not know the credentials for that email account, he has been struggling with the trust team the past 3 days and they don't provide any useful information on how to fix it, they only say "resolve the issue with the account soon as possible" he's worried because his account is very important and has months of work, what should we do in this case?

Hi Lucila,

I'm afraid that we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations. Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cdca606c
Community Member

Greetings,

I encountered an issue with my ID verification in the past, where it failed initially. However, I was able to upload the document again and eventually received the verified badge.

Recently, I received a message from the Upwork security team indicating that my account has been put on hold.

I'm unsure of the reason behind this and would appreciate some clarification.

My friend suggested that sending too many proposals per week could lead to account suspension, but I sent 25 proposals this week.

I'm concerned about the effect of this hold on my current contract, which I accepted just 2 hours before my account was suspended.

Could you please advise me on this issue?

Best regards,
Vitalik

25 proposals per week is not too much at all. I doubt that's the issue. I've sent 30+ proposals per week and it never happened to me.

You should try and open a ticket with support.

Yep, 25 propos is nothing.

I think it is related to cotract you taked. Client banned or alive?

In any case only support able to resolve this. Here is only hints.

Hello Vitalik,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked and can see that you are already in contact with our Customer Support team. Kindly refer to your ticket or email if you have any questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6be0ac71
Community Member

My account has been suspended 5 days ago--and no response from UpWork customer care.

Hello Talia,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that there is already a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Kindly refer to your ticket for more information regarding your account status. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6be0ac71
Community Member

The support ticket is a week old. Nothing has been done whatsoever in communicating and restoring my account.

Hi Talia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the relevant team and one of our agents will reach out to you via the same support ticket to assist you further. Apologies for the delay as there have been higher than normal requests.

~ AJ
Upwork
caruan-eyes
Community Member

Hey,
My freelancer acocunt had a warning like "Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. " last Friday. There is no link to the chat to talk with Support and I can't even apply to new jobs anymore.

There is no way to comunicate with you and I can't reply to the email you sent me last Fri warning me my account has been suspended.

Hope someone will fix my Freelancer account issue.

Thanks

Hi Rafael, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
0db19a58
Community Member

I received message that my account is on hold, because  they noticed some irregular activity.
But I don't have any irregular activity. I don't have an outstanding balance and I do have valid payment methods.

I am working in full stack web developer in Upwork now with hourly contract. So in every week I received $ from my cool client.

And I have many $2k+ in upwork account for pending, reviewing and working in progress. If I can not use upwork account, My client in Web App (Full Stack) can not pay me in upwork. We are communicate in slack for team chatting and pay is only process in Upwork. So Upwork is really important for me.

Why my account is on hold and how can I fix it in short time?

Thank you.

Khamidullaev.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Khamidullaev, 

I'm sorry to learn about your account. I checked your account and can see that you recently responded to the open support ticket which details the reason for the account hold. Since your concern involves private information, our team won't be able to assist you here. It would be best to continue communicating with the team through your open support ticket so the team handling your case can help you more efficiently. If you have further questions regarding your account, please don't hesitate to update your open ticket

~ Avery
Upwork
d081e4d0
Community Member

Hello Dear Upwork Family, 

Yesterday, I have received a notification that my upwork account has been suspended. 

I didn't received any email for my account suspension. I have also opened an appeal for my account yesterday, still I have not received any quick response. I have not made an violation. I am worried about my career. 

Did you raise a ticket with UpWork support prior to posting here?

If not, create a ticket here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Hi, 

My tiket is opened , but not recieved any reply since tuesday. Please help me in my account recovery. thank you

Wait the Management will solve your problem soon

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pagePlease consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d081e4d0
Community Member

Hello Nikola, thanks for your response. 

I have not recived any email regarding to my account suspension and ticket opening as well. I saw my appeal ticket opening through the link you have provided me through your message. When I have replied, I didn't get any kind response yet and it's been 3 days now. 

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and can see you updated your support ticket today. Please allow some time for the team to review and they will assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
fce044ef
Community Member

My account was suddenly suspended today with no email (yes I checked spam & every other location), no notification, no explanation.  I have no violations and this is very much hendering my earning potential. 

Everything under the My Requests is showing "solved".

HELP!!!

Hi Arianna,

I'm sorry to learn about the status of your account. I can see that you've raised a couple of support tickets regarding your concern and it's been escalated to the appropriate team. Kindly expect an update on this page once your case is fully reviewed. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
279a18f6
Community Member

Hello there, so my upwork account got deactivated for very unfair reasons but I'd like to at least know, is it possible to withdraw my earnings from the permanently deactivated account when it becomes available?

Hi Charles,

I can see that this account is a newly created one and there's no restriction on it. Could you please confirm if you're referring to another/different account? If so, could you please send me a PM with the email address associated with it so we can take a closer look? I'll be more than willing to assist. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hk1997
Community Member

I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an apeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue. I think there must be a technical glitch then.

Thanks

Hi Hassaan,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked on your account and can confirm that there are no active suspensions. Please clear your cache and cookies, and log in again. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
hk1997
Community Member

I've tried several times but doesn't work. Also, not working from mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter. Thank you!

shahsadib1
Community Member

Dear Upwork team,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently expressed my gratitude for the outstanding customer service I received from your team in reopening my Upwork account after a suspension. I also wanted to address some additional concerns about my account.

Firstly, I have been experiencing a redirection glitch on my account. For that glitch, I had to open 2nd account for help. I am redirected to the job or home page whenever I click on customer service, help, or dispute links in this first account. I have tried clearing all the cache and cookies and accessing customer service on different browsers, but unfortunately, the issue persists. I have been unable to contact customer service to resolve this matter. Please investigate this matter and resolve the issue as soon as possible I would appreciate it if you could open a ticket for me to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Secondly, I apologize for any confusion caused by my 2nd account. I had opened it to seek help because of that redirection glitch and intended to deactivate it once my issue was resolved. Unfortunately, my second account got suspended before I had a chance to deactivate it. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that I have no intention of using two accounts simultaneously. So please close the second account if you can; Email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. I look forward to working with Upwork and building my freelance business on your platform.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Sincerely,
Md. Sha Ali Akram Hossain Sadib

Hi Sha Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths