🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Commun...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

Hi, Due to that redirection glitch, i cant access my support tickets! It redirect me to job feed or homepage.
Thank you

Hello Sha Ali Akram,

I'm sorry to hear you can't access your tickets. If needed, you can access any support ticket from the email associated with your account. That said, I don't see any recent support tickets on your account. Is there something in particular you need assistance with?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cd34275f
Community Member

"I don't know why my account got suspended and I didn't even receive an email about it. I had only been using the platform for an hour or two." I can't even log in account this is my ID, Alisa Fatima.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that there are no active suspensions. Since this is a new account, you may still undergo a few verification processes. We recommend you complete them in the recommended timeframe to avoid getting your account suspended.

~ AJ
Upwork
14acde0e
Community Member

My account was suspended a week ago and I still haven't received a follow up to my appeal, and don't know why it was suspended in the first place.

Hi Margrethe,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that the relevant team messaged you with more information about your account status and what to do next. You should be able to access your tickets here or from the email you received from the team.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kashifbunty
Community Member

Today, I logged in my upwork account and its saying, Your financial account -Kashif Khan (292737)- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

I did nothing on my financial account. Can you please advice why its showing this message?

I am not sure what's the problem with that.

Please help me to fix my upwork account so I can apply for jobs and start my upwork again as freelancer.

Thank you very much

Hi Kashif,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I checked your account and noticed that your account has been suspended for TOS violation. One of our team members has already notified you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ae2452a9
Community Member

Hello,

I created my Upwork account in 2020 but couldn't finish my verification, I recently activated my account and completed my profile and my profile is verified with the blue mark, the issue is that I cant send a proposal. i get this error "You cant summit a proposal your account is suspended".

Kindly assst.

Hi Mohammed,

It doesn't look like there's any restriction on your account at the moment. Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies? You may also try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current one to see if that helps. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths