🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Commun...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
Community Member

Dear Upwork team,

I am a fresh user of Upwork. I just started to do my work sincerely and perfectly. I verified my account just a few days ago and now my account has been suspended but I could not know the reason for the suspension. Please help me.
Kind regards,
Md Razaul.

Hi Md Razaul,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3b8ae8b1
Community Member

Hi Guys 

How I can check that my account is verified or not?

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern about your account. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
247ec1c1
Community Member

My account is already verified and it even has the verification badge and was approved a long time ago but I got this message today that ''Some of your services are temporarily on hold'' and that I need to verify my identity but I already did this!

So what should I do? please I want to solve this problem as soon as possible, Thanks

Hi Muhammed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
hassanmushtaq169
Community Member

I have faced an account restriction by Upwork claiming that I have provided an academic writing service and I really don't know which job it was. It's important for me to understand it because I don't provide such services to my clients but I frequently refuse to do such jobs on the platform considering Upwork's ToS.
I have been working as a proofreader, editor, and research assistant for academic authors in proofreading their content along with finding literature as per the provided keywords by them. Upwork allows this service. On the other hand, I don't provide any academic essay or thesis writing services as it's totally against Upwork's ToS and my own work ethic working as an academic evaluator.  
Any suggestions on how can I have the exact idea about the suspension though my account has been restored thankfully?

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that you already have a support ticket with the relevant team regarding your concern. You can access your tickets here. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask them on the ticket, as the team handling it is the one who can best assist you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks for your reply. 
I have replied to the ticket and I am expecting an informative response from the expert. 
Thanks again 🙂

aman-sarwar
Community Member

Hello,
This is Aman. currently, I am using a single default profile. I do WordPress Customization, performance and maintenance, Hosting Setup, and SEO. And I am good with all of it. But everyone says to focus on 1 thing. But the problem is sometimes I enjoy working on WordPress and sometimes SEO and hosting thing. I can't be micro with any of these. I got some jobs also. But I think my profile is not looking professional and I am not appearing in search results. Can you take a look at my profile and see if can be improved? 

Thank You

Aman,

Here are success TIPS for how to setup your Profile have a great day!

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a synergized Title, Summary, and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of the Summary; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. The first two sentences of the Summary are the most important because they are visible to the client as they search for a freelancer. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. Use a short sentence description for each Employment entry. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

Thank you for your valuable suggestions William. I made my profile public. Can you please take a look?

Aman,

You should definitely follow William T C's tips about setting up your profile.

I attempted to reach your profile for a quick review, but it says the profile is no longer available.

available-profile.png

Hi. thank you for the reply. i made my profile public. can you see?

Hi Aman,

I can see that you've been communicating with the appropriate team regarding your concern and several support tickets have been set up as well. It looks like actions still need to be taken on your account. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket on this page so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
anthonymaingi
Community Member

Hello,

Kindly help with my freelancer account. I'm unable to click the apply now button to send proposals. I have not sent any proposals for some time, but I have connects and no outstanding balances or issues on my account that I know of. What could be the issue?

Thanks

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed. You can also expect an email notification linked to your ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
012d0799
Community Member

HI My New account is suspended and when I try to create a ticket for same, it will not allow me to create ticket. 

Hi Slide,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
keneway
Community Member

Hello its been 20 days since my account been suspended, and my ticket is being processed slowly
here is the id #38803730

Thank you

Hi Mohammed, 

I checked and it looks like the last reply on your ticket is from our team. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to update the ticket directly so they can continue to assist you. 

~Andrea
Upwork
keneway
Community Member

Thank you for your reply

Here is the message I received "We’ll look over everything you sent us and get back to you." 

But it's been 9 days of me waiting for a response.

Should I keep waiting or do I need to contact them again?

beeecf51
Community Member

Hi Upwork

My account is on hold.

I'm not sure why Upwork did this. 

I hope Upwork need to fair for freelancers and resolves my account problem

Thanks

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that the team has already reached out to you via support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here

~Andrea
Upwork
beeecf51
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I resubmitted the doc yesterday. I'd like to know when upwork will review it

Thanks

d6c7c045
Community Member

hi there,

I have two client accounts on Upwork and 6 active freelance contracts. 

Somehow a payment of 4 euros doesn't go through and I find myself suspended on both accounts. 

Also the chatbot seems disabled, so I cannot get in touch with anyone as there is no way to reach out. 

That is incredible, wouldn't you agree?

Hi Raf,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account and how you feel about the same. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep. It would be really wise to add the support bot or customer care ticket link to the main Upwork Client Interface. Community quite often means user driven platforms independently operating from the company concerned. E.g. Salesforce, Xero, ... It is a bit hard to find this way. Also, 24 hours availability not an option?  ... just my 5c. I'll wait for the ticket reply then. 

Hi Raf,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
3ed852fe
Community Member

Hello! My account was suspended due to a lack of money on the payment method connected.

I resolved this by connecting a new billing method and paying all the bills, but still, I can not submit applications as a freelancer.

Can you help? Appreciate it.

Hi Arsenii,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
be257a78
Community Member

Hello, when I try to login to my old account v**Edited for Community Guidelines** I get a meesage about susspension due war (I lived in Belarus before 2023).

I relocated to Poland in January 2023. 
When I try to appeal using Appeal Form I got mail with such text:
"Dear Alexander Veledzimovich,

We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension.

However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."

Probably, you know that email address **Edited for Community Guidelines**  is not monitoring.

What should I do to remove suspension?

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if you were logged in to your suspended account when the appeal request was submitted? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, I can't login, so I can't appeal as logged in user.

I've got this message above username field: "We're sorry, your account has been locked because we’ve suspended operations in Russia and Belarus."

I created temporary account from with my other email, but what to use my old account.

Thank you for an answer.

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thank you for the follow-up. I can see that you've reached out to us using the account in question with the same concern and several tickets have been set up as well. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members will be assisting you further through the email associated with the account you need assistance with. Don't hesitate to coordinate if you have additional questions.

~ Arjay
Upwork
be257a78
Community Member

Thank you for your support Arjay. I will wait for updates.

be257a78
Community Member

Hello, Arjay. Maybe I dont understat process of the appeal (As you remeber I have got a meesage about susspension due war because I lived in Belarus before January 2023).

When should I receive answers/questions from the team about my old account? Or you suggest to setup new one account? But for my opinion it is not effective way.

Hi Aliaksandr,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for an answer, Annie. Where can I find "same ticket thread"? As I mention before I: "I can't login, so I can't appeal as logged in user" with my old account. 

Hi Aliaksandr,

You can refer to and respond to the email notification for the support ticket sent the registered email address linked to your account in question.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths