🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Commun...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

Hi Hamza,

I'm sorry to learn about this expected suspension of your account. For your own privacy, we cannot share the details about another user's account or action being taken here in the Community since this is a public space. However, it looks like the team has reached out with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team through your tickets here or on your email and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
286ff571
Community Member

Can you please open a ticket related to this? I shall be very thankful to you for this favor.

35a3f4dd
Community Member

Hello. I've recently completed to contracts and now I see suddenly I cannot apply to any new job. Please help urgenttly!!!! 

Hi Komal,

I checked your account and noticed that your account has been placed on hold for possible TOS violation. The team investigating this issue has already notified you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep! Hope you are doing well. Its been 36 hours uploading my documents but still not got any positive response, the account is still suspended. I request you to please take a look on the matter as it is only the source of income for me and it is very important for me and for my family. I shall be very thankful to you for this favor.

Hi Hamza,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
e432734c
Community Member

My Account is Suspended so I can't complain. This is just a new account to file complain. I files suspension removal appeal and they say my account is either not suspended or not exists. While my account does exist because I have 2 jobs done in it with my money in it too. On top of my screen it says "You are unable to complete ID Verification due to a suspension on your account. Check your email to review the status of your suspension.". So now I can't verify and suspension can't be removed too. Please don't discourage me. I am a new freelancer. Please help me out. 

This is Suspended Account email. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I think it happened when I verified my account and when upwork said that we want to have a call for 10 mins then our Wifi was gone. Its still not working. Its been more than 24hrs

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
alexand3r
Community Member

Hi,

I submitted a project for review in "Project Catalog", I got an email later that it wasn't approved due to having an item with client personal info and that further submissions of the sort would result in my account suspension. NOTE that I wasn't suspended at that time, my account was still working, still perfectly valid. I took that email as a warning.

I took that item out and made sure none of the sorts would sneak in - cause who would want an account hold and lose Top Rated status? Perfectly legit.

Another few hours later I opened Upwork and found an "account suspension" warning at the top. Support kindly told me it was for having personal client info in that project catalog. At this point, I could not see the project or could get any information on the item in question - I got this precious info this morning.

The item in question, the one with personal information, was not in my Project Catalog Projects, not in Approved, Drafts or Reviewed at the time of suspension.

Tell me, how is it legal to accuse me of something I didn't do?

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you're already communicating with the team handling your support ticket regarding this matter and one of our team members has responded to your last message. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
0c003077
Community Member

Hello, Please is there any support staff available to help me right now.

My account got suspended yesterday because I was trying to figure out why i could not buy connects with my bank cards... I repeatedly entered the card details and after a while, i got notified that my account was suspended.

I have put in a card that was finally accepted by Upwork but still the suspension has not been removed. I sent an email to support and also filled the appeal suspension form.

Please someone help me, i use Upwork for everything, i have no other job, this suspension is unfair and puts me in a confused state, i didn't commit any crime. Please help 

I'm sorry to hear about your account suspension. It can be a stressful and confusing situation to deal with. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

1. Wait for a response from Upwork: Upwork typically responds to suspension appeals within a few business days. While you wait for a response, try not to panic or stress about the situation. Remember that you can still access your earnings and communicate with your clients through Upwork messages.
  2. Check your email regularly: Upwork will communicate with you via email regarding the suspension, so make sure to check your email regularly for updates or requests for additional information.
  3. Provide any requested information: If Upwork requests additional information or documentation to help resolve the suspension, be sure to provide it in a timely manner.
  4. Be honest and transparent: If you made any mistakes or errors that may have contributed to the suspension, be honest and transparent about them. This can help show Upwork that you are taking responsibility for the situation and are willing to work towards a resolution.
  5. Consider reaching out to Upwork's customer support team: If you haven't already, you may want to consider reaching out to Upwork's customer support team via their online chat or phone support. They may be able to provide additional guidance or support.

Remember to stay calm and professional throughout the process. Upwork wants to maintain a safe and trustworthy platform for freelancers and clients, so they take account suspensions seriously. Be patient and cooperate with Upwork as they work to resolve the issue.

I need an Upwork staff to help me...

My case is probably due to repetition of action, it is something that shouldn't take long, but no replies or anything from Upwork.

I mean if i committed an offence, it's different but something like this is really confusing and waiting is just difficult, because i don't know if they will get back to me early enough, i don't have any other jobs and this is not funny to me.

Thanks for your reply anyway. I have done all that

Hi Emmanuel,

I checked but don't see any suspensions on your account at the moment. Could you please confirm if you're referring to a different account?

~Andrea
Upwork
0c003077
Community Member

Hi,Andrea thanks so much for your reply.

I am unable to make a post with the suspended account... No it is not this account.

Can i share my email of the account with you here or please tell me..

I really need my account running again.. Please

920f2168
Community Member

Hi,

I am on Upwork since August 2022 and started working as designer but because of my full time job priority in the marketing positions, I have to pause Upwork & had to focus on my full time marketing job. 

Now, In 2023 Jan/Feb I resume my profile again and started working with focus on digital marketing projects. I recently completed a job but just after completion my account has some issues and under my resources I got this message:

With Reference to ticket ID: Id #39400229:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I wanted to clarify this but there is no option in the ticket system where I can reply on that matter. 

Can anyone please provide any suggestion, how to handle this issue??

Hi Sheikh,

You can access the ticket here and should have also received an email notification about it. You can reply to that email in order to reopen the ticket and comply with the team's request.

~Andrea
Upwork
tuhenrana4
Community Member

We have canceled your contract for [Photoshop/Edit Scanned Sheet] because it asked talent to provide deceitful or fraudulent services which are against Upwork’s Terms of Service.

A blank document was the work

Hi Saidur,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
fd097ae1
Community Member

Hello 

My account apply is inactive what might be the issue,I am unable to apply for jobs

Hi Rose,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
e6c003a4
Community Member

"We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now."

I am getting the above error message. My payment methods have been updated and can be seen on my Settings but I am still unable to post a project because I am getting the above message.

Can someone kindly guide me here?

Hi C,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
95c1aca2
Community Member

Alhamdulillah, After 22 days later I got back my Upwork Account. Upwork Support Team was fantastic. Upwork support monitored my account very well. As soon as I am clear from my side, I got the account back. In the coming days, I will be more aware of taking on projects. This is a big learning for me.

uniquelogo
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I am working here since 2013, I am facing a problem from last 5 months. My account was suspendend. and when I want to get help from your support, my support flyout doesnt work, it was loading and send back me to my home page each and everytime. I am worikng here since 2013. I am a full time freelancer  in this platform. but now im jobless during for the suspension and also badly effected by pandemic corona situation. I cannot work here from last 5 months. I need an exact solution to take back my account and to remove my suspention. please. its an emergency...

and I want to talk virtually with live becouse of my account problems is very complex.

regards,

Foysal

Trying to use Live Chat doesn't strike me as a very realistic goal.

You would be better off if your goal was to resolve your account problems.

Please give me the link of live chat.

Hi Foysal,

Can you please check if you can see a banner on the top of your Upwork Profile instructing you to complete a verification? If you do, please click on "Get Started" and follow the prompts. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

could you please help me step by step?

Hi Foysal,

Have you tried the steps that Luiggi shared so I can check with our team?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Joanne,

I tried but it showing me 404. i also sharing the screenshot now.WhatsApp Image 2023-03-23 at 16.33.20.jpg

Hi Foysal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
cupara
Community Member

Hello Upwork team.

Can you, please, help me resolve this issue?

I just got an e-mail:

"Hello Aleklsander

We have cancelled your contract for [Create custom backing tracks + Mix/Master Hit Songs] because it involved using material or information that we reasonably believe is copyrighted, which is against Upwork’s Terms of Service.

Reproducing, using, or providing material that is the intellectual property of another individual, company, or entity violates Upwork’s Terms of Service, which you agreed to comply with in using the Upwork site.

While restricted, you will not be able to post any jobs or start any contracts."

***There must have been a mistake. This job is about making song covers. No copyright infrigment here at all. Cover songs and parodies are all "Fair Use". 

Please, check this. Client also appealed. This must be a misunderstanding. 

Thanks

Aleksandar

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already responded to the support ticket initiated by our team. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cupara
Community Member

Hello Pradeep

Alright. I patiently waited for 48 hrs and still no response from the team. Can you, please, give me an update? Are they going to resolve this anytime soon?

Thanks

uniquelogo
Community Member

I have been associated with this platform since 2013. My account was suspended 5 months ago. I have tried many times to contact support. But every time I click on the support button to go to support, it brings me back to the home page. And I mailed. But no response is being given to me to solve my problem. I really need my ID. Can anyone help?

Hi Foysal,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team handling your request and they have confirmed that a notification is already sent out to your registered email address with the next steps to restore your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cupara
Community Member

Dear Upwork team.

Please, assist me to resolve this issue. 72 hrs have passed and noone responded to my ticket. 

I have clients waiting and contracts opened. 

Kindly

Aleksandar 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths