🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended / Unable to Withdraw Availa...
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568

Hi Joanne

Thank you so much for all your hellp, and sorry for my late respond. I dont know it was suspended a fews ago. Now I can can submit proposal again. It was so werid. Anyways, thank you so much and Merry Christmas!!! 

bd550378
Community Member

I am having the same issue can someone help please
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended."

Thank you

Hi Waldin,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while applying for job post. I checked your account and I can confirm that your account is fully restored. Feel free to message us with the screenshot if the issue persists. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
0b9f9023
Community Member

2.pngHello Upwork Team Support My Upwork payment was not received.

On My Bank Account

8e9d8f67
Community Member

I can't apply for any job, because when I apply, it says,"You can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended"

Please Solved This Problem 

Hi Abdul,

I see a couple of support tickets about your account status concerns. Please allow our team 24-48 hours and you will get an update on one of your active tickets on this page once your account is thoroughly reviewed.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c057d965
Community Member

My account is suspended, and I verified again. When can I get review for my account?

I need to find a new job asap.

Hi Ruslan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c057d965
Community Member

Thanks. I am waiting.

bc8c098a
Community Member

Hi I am not able to submit my purposal .As it says "You can't submit your purposal because your account has been suspended ".I  don't know about the issue whats going on. Please resolve my issue.

Screenshot_20230616_150459_Upwork Talent.jpg

a5f6a5a5
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 

I made this account only to reach out to you.  (I understand I cant make multiple accouts but again, I'm simpy trying to reinstate my original account and have had no response from you in 10 days)

Please assist.  I would love to use your site and comply with all terms and conditions but my account is blocked and the appeals show no response whatsoever.   

Please contact me here to help get my original account unsuspended as my intent is to do normal work around here. 

Thanks, 

-Neal

Hi There,

I'm sorry to learn about the status of your original account. It's good to hear that you're aware of Upwork's ToS that having multiple accounts is not allowed. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need assistance with? The email address associated with it would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi N S,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you are referring to?

- Pradeep

Upwork
farmlytics
Community Member

I have the same issue. Upwork tells me the account is working again, but every time I try and submit a proposal it tells me the account is suspended, the problem is with Upwork not with the browser, cookies etc. There is a problem and they haven't got a clue how to fix it I'm afraid. 

Hi Jonathan,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns. 

~ AJ
Upwork
e92d87c8
Community Member

My account has been suspended, preventing me from logging in. I currently have $3,132.41 in available and pending funds that I am unable to access. While the account was still accessible, I encountered an error message stating "financial account suspended" when attempting to withdraw funds. Despite reaching out to customer support for approximately a week, I have not received any responses to my emails.

What steps should I take to recover my funds?

Hi Israel,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like our team has already reached out to you regarding this matter. In order for the team to assist you properly, please respond to your support ticket here or the corresponding email sent to you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

I'm Isreal's friend. He doesn't have access to his account and can't reply you. Here's his response

"I'd appreciate more than a copy and pasted answer, Annie. I didn't get any email, no member of your team reached out to me, I don't have access to the support ticket platfrom and all of my mails, tweets, and online form submission have gone unanswered for over two weeks. Can I get a definite answer as to when I'm able to get my money please?"

Hi Azeez,

I understand your friend would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. However, we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. Rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.  

Please be aware that your colleague should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

You may want to read this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.

~ AJ
Upwork
webviewseo
Community Member

I have been able to send proposals for weeks. I have verifyed my identity, updated my billing information and I have not received any emails regarding why my account is suspended. I really need your assistance with this immediately. Thanks!

Hi Corey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a9929c5c
Community Member

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Onkar S

Upwork

9569f610
Community Member

My billing information is current, and I still cannot apply to a job becaues the "Apply Now" button is greyed out.
It says I need to update my billing information but it already is and I don't owe any money so where do I find someone to help me with my account and get it back in service? Seems like some technical issue? 

Hi Gary,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Community for assistance. I’ve gone ahead and escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your account concerns. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cbe72ad5
Community Member

I'm Create my account but I don't get and approval email like " You are all set your account is approved and published " I do not get this type of email. My question is

1. Is my account is approved?

2 Is my account is published?

Hi Md,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Md, Thanks for reaching out regarding your account concerns.

To better assist you with your inquiry, I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. You can access your tickets here.

~ Samuel
itib
Community Member

although I am logged in, I can not access the tickets in my request,

as you ask again for my username and password

but when I enter them, they are refused.

So I don't know, what you want from me, to handle my suspended account.
I have no idea, why my account is suspended.

I got no email from you about the suspension or the reason of.

And I get no emails about your answers of my request to unsuspend.

Although you mark these tickets as "solved". They are not solved.

You hinder my production. I urgently need a new python programmer and I found one: Maulik. But can not hire him.

This endangers my business due to the bugs in your upwork-system.
Please repair quick.
Or I will look for a new service to hire freelancer.
I paid as client more than$80000 for services. So please handle fast.

regards

Andreas

Hi Res,

Could you please search for the subject line "Your Upwork Account is on Hold" in your inbox? You should have received this email with instructions on how to proceed in order to address the suspension on your account. Also, please be sure to check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't find the email please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
itib
Community Member

I have followed that advice before.
and have done so again.
No, I did not get such an email from you.
And I usually still get other emails from upwork.
So please send again.
And I use no spam-filter, as they are faulty.

itib
Community Member

it is now a week since I first complained about my unusable account on upwork. Why do you not react and help out?
Providers are working for me daily and want to be paid!
So please handle the situation and get my upwork-account running again.
Andreas

Hi Res,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to see the email from the team. Would you mind checking if you can access your ticket here? If you're having trouble accessing it, kindly try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser. Don't hesitate to let us know if you're still having trouble so we can further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5015ac1e
Community Member

Hi there ,

I am ,recently, facing a problem.My account has been suspended. I have appealed about it. I recieve an reply email asking wait

for 24 to 48 hours. I did wait. But still showing account suspension.  Please anyone can solve the issue.

Hi Sudhanshu,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that the relevant team has already responded to your ticket and is pending to hear back from you. You can access your support ticket here. Kindly follow up with the team via the ticket so that they can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jdoherty15
Community Member

TLDR:

I am an up and coming freelancer who has recently faced an unfortunate and unjust situation. My account was suspended without a valid explanation, and in the process, I lost valuable connects that I had been accumulating for years. Despite the prompt reactivation of my account, I am still awaiting answers and compensation for the lost connects.

The whole story:

Recently, I decided to dive back into the world of freelancing and actively use my Upwork account to land potential clients. After spending more than 100 of my hard-earned connects on 11 job proposals, I managed to secure a project. While I was communicating with the client and working on their requirements, my account was suddenly flagged for "unusual activity" and subsequently suspended. I received no specific details regarding the nature of the issue or what activity led to this action.

During the suspension, all my submitted proposals were withdrawn, and I lost the valuable connects I had spent. Although I fully cooperated with the support team to resolve the issue, my request for more information was consistently ignored. This lack of transparency has been disheartening, to say the least.

Thankfully, my account was reactivated this morning. However, the support team has not addressed the loss of my withdrawn proposals or the connects I had spent. As a legitimate and dedicated freelancer, I feel disappointed and unappreciated, especially considering the potential revenue I could generate for the platform. I firmly believe that I deserve compensation for these lost connects, as my account suspension was clearly an error, proven by the prompt unsuspension.

I am reaching out to the Upwork community and support team for assistance in rectifying this matter. I would appreciate a thorough explanation of the suspension and the return of my lost connects or equivalent compensation. It is crucial for freelancers like myself to trust that the platform has our best interests in mind, and addressing such issues is vital for maintaining that trust.

I hope this message reaches the appropriate authorities, and I look forward to a fair and transparent resolution. Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience and how this has inconvenienced you. I can see that you still have an open ticket with our Customer Support team and you have expressed your concern through said ticket. You can rest assured that you will be further assisted through your ticket by the relevant team. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for them to get back to you. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks for getting back to me. I have been frustrated with the lack of information I have received on this matter, and I feel like there needs to be an internal revision of this process to prevent people from being unfairly and wrongly suspended. I specifically asked for more information each time I replied to the support team, and yet it was never addressed, even when the support team let me know the account was restored. I feel like I have been treated unfairly, my requests for help on understanding the problem were ignored, and I was placed in a situation where I needed to defend myself against unknown charges.

I am sitting here feeling cheated due to the lack of transparrency. The withdrawal of my proposals has resulted in lost opportunities to engage with new clients, after investing considerable time in crafting and tailoring each proposal to the respective job postings. I am certain the support team can appreciate the unfairness of the situation and acknowledge the impact on my ability to establish a reputation and deliver quality work.

Is there any assurance you can offer regarding the return of my connects? I believe this would be an equitable resolution, considering the time and stress involved in addressing this issue promptly.

Hi James,

I most certainly see where you're coming from. I understand this has been a very disappointing experience for you and I'd like to assure you that the team will get back to you to assist to the best of their abilities. I kindly ask that you allow them to get back to you as I mentioned, as they're the ones who will be able to provide the best possible solution for your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I recieved a response from the support team; however, they only informed me that they could not disclose the reason for my temporary suspension and failed to address my concerns regarding the lost time, effort, and over 100 connects expended on jobs for which I am qualified. I require assistance beyond the existing support ticket email thread, as my concerns have not been adequately addressed, and my confidence in the platform remains shaken. All I seek is fair compensation for this situation.

Hi James,

I am sorry to hear about your experience and how you feel about the same. I understand that this has been a frustrating experience for you. However, due to privacy and security reasons, I will be unable to address your account-related issue on this public forum.

I see that you have already responded to the support ticket which is assigned to the appropriate team handling your account. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths