🐈
» Forums » Support » Job "Apply Now" button is greyed
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,658 REPLIES 1,658

Thanks for getting back to me. I have been frustrated with the lack of information I have received on this matter, and I feel like there needs to be an internal revision of this process to prevent people from being unfairly and wrongly suspended. I specifically asked for more information each time I replied to the support team, and yet it was never addressed, even when the support team let me know the account was restored. I feel like I have been treated unfairly, my requests for help on understanding the problem were ignored, and I was placed in a situation where I needed to defend myself against unknown charges.

I am sitting here feeling cheated due to the lack of transparrency. The withdrawal of my proposals has resulted in lost opportunities to engage with new clients, after investing considerable time in crafting and tailoring each proposal to the respective job postings. I am certain the support team can appreciate the unfairness of the situation and acknowledge the impact on my ability to establish a reputation and deliver quality work.

Is there any assurance you can offer regarding the return of my connects? I believe this would be an equitable resolution, considering the time and stress involved in addressing this issue promptly.

Hi James,

I most certainly see where you're coming from. I understand this has been a very disappointing experience for you and I'd like to assure you that the team will get back to you to assist to the best of their abilities. I kindly ask that you allow them to get back to you as I mentioned, as they're the ones who will be able to provide the best possible solution for your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I recieved a response from the support team; however, they only informed me that they could not disclose the reason for my temporary suspension and failed to address my concerns regarding the lost time, effort, and over 100 connects expended on jobs for which I am qualified. I require assistance beyond the existing support ticket email thread, as my concerns have not been adequately addressed, and my confidence in the platform remains shaken. All I seek is fair compensation for this situation.

Hi James,

I am sorry to hear about your experience and how you feel about the same. I understand that this has been a frustrating experience for you. However, due to privacy and security reasons, I will be unable to address your account-related issue on this public forum.

I see that you have already responded to the support ticket which is assigned to the appropriate team handling your account. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6dc8b154
Community Member

Hi Luiggi

Ca you kindly look into my ticket I am having a new agent reply to my open ticket every time I send/request an update. It is getting really hard to follow up on my account's progress. And time has lapsed already.

Hi Nelson,

I checked, and one of our team members has already sent a follow-up. Please allow them time to review your ticket and update you directly. Thank you for your continued patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7c815821
Community Member

First things first, it is terrible this platform is not customer-centric and we have to rely on making a forum post to reach someone... Those new fees that were implemented should definitely cover the costs for live chat support or phone agents... 

I have updated my payment method as it was previously not updated and two payment attempts failed before I did so (on my Client profile). I have now cleared my Client profile outstanding balance. But, I still can't apply to jobs on my Freelancer profile... 

Please advise. 

Can someone assist me with this same issue? I started a new forum detailing particulars. I recently had a billing issue which has been resolved. Is there a timeline on when I will be able to apply to jobs again? 

Hi Briyana,

We saw your posts in the community and converted them into a support ticket to give them the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
singhgurmeet71
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I was searching for jobs to apply but I can't submit any proposal as Apply now button is disabled/grey and can't do nothing.

Please fix this issue asap.

singhgurmeet71_0-1683913088181.png

Hi Gurmeet,

Please refer to this support ticket for more information about the status of your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
singhgurmeet71
Community Member

Thanks Andrea for replying but I'm not able to respond for this ticket as there is no option to reply or confirm that. How do i solve this?

singhgurmeet71_0-1683917757740.png

Hi Gurmeet,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. Could you please try responding through the email notification sent by the team linked to your case? Let us know if you're still having difficulties connecting with the team and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1d829fb1
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I need your helps to recover my accounts :((

Recently, My client account has been suspended because of posting a job that violated Upwork TOS. 

But why do my freelancer account is still suspended?

I also replied to this person on this ticket to show that I removed the job post, no longer do any further with freelacners for that job, and no longer start a contract related to that job. I have been waiting for one day but did not receive any message from him.

When do my account is activated again?

Thank you in advanced!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tran,

I'm sorry to learn about the status of both of your profiles. I can confirm that the ticket you've raised about the issue has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team more time and you will be getting an update on this page once done. You may also coordinate with the team through the email you received and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1d829fb1
Community Member

Thank you in advanced!. Just keep me posted!

Btw, do I lose Top Rated badge because of this?

Do I still be paid for current contracts in my freelancer account while it is suspended?

1d829fb1
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Let me know when the ticket I raised is solved. Because it has been created for 2 days (> 48 hours). Ând I need to recover My account asap.

Please let me know the answers.

Thank you in advanced!

joelayele
Community Member

I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.

Good afternoon, I have the same problem, I wanted to file an appeal for restoration, but I received a letter that my account either does not exist or it is not blocked, although its registration was in 2019. Through the chat bot, I tried to explain my problem, I received an answer to my mail that my problem would be considered within 48 hours, attaching a link to a ticket from those support, but the problem is that I can’t see this ticket, because I need to log in your account to see the ticket, I had to register another account to write on the forum about this problem, I hope technical support will help solve this problem

Hi Valeriy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Eyuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked on your support ticket and it looks like our team advised you to verify your account. They have provided you with a link where you can submit the required documents. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to reply to the same ticket thread should you have further questions or concerns.

You can access your support tickets here or you may respond directly to the corresponding email sent to your email address.

~ AJ
Upwork
c1b6bdd6
Community Member

My account is restricted until I verify my identity and I have done that but still yet my account is under restricted how can solve this

Hi Akinnagbe,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e9802347
Community Member

Hello!

I was notified that my account has been suspended and was instructed to contact customer support. After speaking with them, I was informed that the Trust & Safety team had sent me an email outlining steps I need to take to restore my account. However, upon checking my email, I found no such message.

The customer support representative suggested that I check My Requests, where I found a request to verify my account that had been marked as solved three days prior.

In order to recover my account quickly, what steps should I take?

Hi Jevgeni,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. Please follow the steps listed on the support ticket that requests you to verify your account. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
c937ff44
Community Member

I am trying to applying on jobs but just unable to send any proposal. Kindly tell me the solution as I did not receive any notification regarding this matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Arooba

Hi Arooba,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your Upwork account has been placed on hold. I can see that one of our team members has already notified you about the same via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
cc55d521
Community Member

Hi Upwork team and Community!

I am trying to appeal suspension of my old Russian-based account after moving to another country. But nothing happened. Just got email with text "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."
My appeal request #40540749

Could you help me restore my acc?

Thank you!

Hi Dmitrii,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
cc55d521
Community Member

Thanks, I'll wait

zahranooreen
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team

Hi Zahra,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
quantprogrammer
Community Member

Suport andTrust and Safety needs to understand that some freelancers are Dyslexic, this affect the ability to understand some of the TOS

I have been banned, I have 5500 hours 250 k earnings I have worked on Upwork for 6 years.

If there is an issues or Concern it has to be explained to me clearly, so i can understand it. and what actions i need to take. the should be a check box i can tick. etc. 

Support, and  Trust and safety needs to understand that while there are bad actors there are also people with Dyslexia, who are doing there best to follow the rules and need help.

Please dont discrimnate against me.

Thanks so much

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
zahranooreen
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am Faiza Ali and I am writing this from my friend's account because I don't have access to my own account
I am writing to urgently appeal the suspension of the Upwork account of my Upwork Account. ( https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01190d1b6ea47b5dba). I was surprised by the suspension and would like to address the issue promptly to resolve any misunderstandings or violations that may have occurred. I didn't receive any email from Upwork explaining the reason. 

I have been an active and dedicated member of the Upwork community for the last 3 years. Throughout my time on the platform, I have consistently maintained a high level of professionalism, adhered to Upwork's policies, and received positive feedback from clients.

I kindly request your assistance in providing specific details regarding the reason for my account suspension. This information will enable me to identify any shortcomings on my part and take immediate corrective actions.

I genuinely value the opportunities Upwork has provided me, and I am committed to rectifying any issues and ensuring compliance with all guidelines moving forward. 

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your swift response and the opportunity to continue contributing to the Upwork community.

Sincerely,
Faiza Ali

zahranooreen_0-1684745365587.png

Hi Zahra,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
99ad3ab0
Community Member

Your account is suspended. Please check your email for more information or contact Customer Support.

PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I DO IS MY ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY BLOCKED ? 

Hi Magnus,

I checked but don't see any limitations on your account at the moment. Could you please confirm if you're referring to a different account? If so, please send me the account details via private message so I could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
99ad3ab0
Community Member

i get this message anytime i try to login into my account

"Your account is suspended. Please check your email for more information or contact Customer Support."

please what should i do? is my account permanently blocked all i did was opt for visual verification after getting paid for by a client 

Community Member

Hi

I have 11 connects but I can't apply to any job. Can someone help me?
Also why can't I buy connects even though I have money in my upwork account

Thanks
Pau

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths