🐈
» Forums » Support » Account got hacked!
Page options
a795b07d
Community Member

Account got hacked!

Account got hacked!

URGENT: My friend's Upwork account was hacked. Here are the details:

Two days ago, someone from Upwork sent me a file for a job. They seemed legitimate, so I downloaded it. Yesterday, this person gained access to my Upwork account.

They changed the login details first, so I couldn't log in after 10 PM last night.

Then, they sent the same file (which has a virus) to my clients. One of my clients messaged me on Slack asking about the file sent on Upwork.

Realizing I lost control of my account, I tried changing the password, but they changed the email too, so I couldn't verify my identity.

The hacker also tried to change my payment settings and withdrew around $2300.

I need urgent help to recover my account.I have all the proofs of client and also ready for video verification for my self. This situation is affecting my ongoing work contracts with clients(attching ss of my profile when i was logged in last time).

Please assist me quickly.

Here's the link to my Upwork profile : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I'm sharing this on behalf of my friend since he can't access his Upwork account. Please take immediate action @upworkhelp.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
IvygailJ

Hello Shubham,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I assure you that I shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. Our team will reach out to your friend as soon as possible.

~Ivy
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths