🐈
» Forums » Support » After Work client is not answering
Page options
43076cd4
Community Member

After Work client is not answering

Hello folks, I have an issue with the client and he is not giving my payment. So basically I had submitted the proposal for the job and the client responded back and we start working together without him giving a job order to me. I didn't earn a single dollar from Upwork and don't even know how this order assigning and payment collection happening on Upwork. Anyway, I Spent several hours on zoom calls, and in chat, he send me different errors that I resolved for him. He promised me in the call that he will send a review and payment but now he is not answering me after completing the work. So please help me honestly I have spent lots of hours with this customer and also I did my best for sake of getting my first client Again please help me Thanks and waiting for your very kind response.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got you.

Upwork won't help you with it. You have reported issue, this client will be reviewed but i think no action will be applied.

Only one way for you is contact client and ask to proceed contract. But look like he just scammed you for you time.

Be careful next time. Start any jobs only after contract started. Keep all correspondence in Upwork chat. Take time to read forum, many similar cases here.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
spectralua
Community Member

You have contract? Is it hourly of fixed price?

Thank you, Mykola for replying. NO, I don't have any contract and he didn't assign me the job he just start chatting with me, and then we go to the call where I spent a lot of time after resolving all the bugs his project had he said he will assign me the job and give me the review but after the call, he never came back nor giving me answers to my questions.

Got you.

Upwork won't help you with it. You have reported issue, this client will be reviewed but i think no action will be applied.

Only one way for you is contact client and ask to proceed contract. But look like he just scammed you for you time.

Be careful next time. Start any jobs only after contract started. Keep all correspondence in Upwork chat. Take time to read forum, many similar cases here.

Yes you are right he scammed me and I'll be careful next time. Unfortunately, this happens to me because I am struggling to get my first client a long time ago. Maybe I should leave this kind of platform. 

Thank you Buddy for taking the time & helping me out. 😊

ArjayM

Hi Waleed,

Please note that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. I have checked and it looks like there's no contract for the job you're referring to. Please be reminded that you should not start a job without a contract being established. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
43076cd4
Community Member

I sent a Proposal to the hourly based job and client replied and after that we had a call but he didn't assigned me the job after all the work he said I am going to assign you the job and also Review & Payment stuff but he never came back and also not answering my question too. Now what I do any suggestion. This was my first time & I didn't know that client is making me fool. Any chance Upwork can help me?

re: "Any chance Upwork can help me?"

No.

Sorry.

fe9b8d82
Community Member

I'm sorry this happened to you, but for what it's worth, **NEVER** do work for a client without an hourly contract in place, a verified payment method set up, and/or a funded milestone.

You did work before you got paid, just based on someone promising you payment.  Don't ever do that.  Your time and your work product are valuable.  Make people prove to you that they are willing and able to pay you **BEFORE** you do work.

Thank you Miles for helping me. You got me correct I'll be careful next time I did this just to get my first customer's order and because Upwork made my profile Private and I didn't find out my first customer & Review. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths