🐈
» Forums » Support » App not opening in Macbook just loading
Page options
harumisheena
Community Member

App not opening in Macbook just loading

Hello, 

I can't open my app on Macbook after seeing loading, it won't work.

14 REPLIES 14
PradeepH

Hi Sheena,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try the troubleshooting steps listed here? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, i'm experiencing the same issue and none of the steps has helped me. Can I get some assistance?

Hi Abigail,

Could you please try the steps shared here to troubleshoot the app? Please let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
harumisheena
Community Member

Hey Pradeep,

It won't really solve the problem even after uninstalling/re-installing. What I read is you have to change "log shells" which after I did, still won't let me open. I tried installing the app on my Windows 10 and didn't have a problem at all. But, the Windows I have is very slow that's why I prefer using a Mac.

Hi Sheena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
harumisheena
Community Member

Hey Andrea,

The issue has been resolved yesterday with the help of Edwin C. I just followed one of his suggestions.

b) Delete Desktop App Remnant files before reinstalling

1. Please go to Open Finder
2. Then click the GO menu
3. Go to Folder
4. Then type ~/Library/Application Support
5. Move the Upwork folder to Bin

Hello,

I am having the same issue. There was nothing named Upwork in the ~/Library/Application Support. I have already tried re-installing as well as reseting tccutil permissions. However, neither the app opens fully nor does it show up in any permissions other than Location Services. Can you please help?

Hi Ryan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

The path to the user library folder is this, not the one @Sheena mentioned. 

Macintosh HDD/Users/{your-username}/Library/Application Support/Upwork

The library folder here will be hidden by default, so press Cmd+Shift+. (dot) key all together to unhide it first and then you can open it

Then delete the upwork folder and re-install the app again and it will definitely work. It worked for me

This is the only solution that worked! I've been struggling with it all day. Thank you!

vado
Community Member

same here app seems to open but nothing happens is just there, tried to reach support and is just a bot with same article that doesn't resolve anything, how you can talk with a humman

Hi Oswaldo,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you here with further assistance in resolving your Upwork Desktop App issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3cdf4b4f
Community Member

Hi! After several attempts to install Upwork Desktop in my Mac (following the steps you suggest) nothing happens, even though Mac says it's allowed. Is there any chance I get human assistance? The bot does not help. Thanks 

Hi Maria,

I'm sorry you still have difficulties installing the Upwork Desktop App. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so our team can give the attention it deserves. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths