🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Availability Badge Not Showing Issue
Page options
Saima F Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep

View solution in original post

293 REPLIES 293
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Mao,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you don't have enough Connects to turn the Availability Badge on.  Please read this help article to learn more about Availability Badge.

~ AJ
Upwork
Mao B Community Member

why  my profile , i see this  (You don't have enough Connects to turn on the badge)

Hi Mao,

In order to turn on your Availability Badge, you would have to spend Connects. The Availability Badge is a paid feature that allows freelancers to highlight in search results when they are ready for new work. The badge is also featured on freelancer profiles and is a great way to identify talent who are ready to take on new work.

As a new freelancer, we do not recommend using this badge as this is most suitable for freelancers who have ongoing contracts and would like the clients to know that they still have the capacity to accept additional projects.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful in getting you your first project. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
Mao B Community Member

Turn on availability badge

Ramesh S Community Member

Hi Folks,

I have a question regarding Availablility badge. How does number of connect spent on the Availability badge which affects the profile. For eaxample, if I set the limit of connect spend on availability badge to 30 connects per week, So will I get more views as compared to the 7 connects spend per week.

Hope everyone got my point and if someone has answer of this question, please let me know.

Regards

Keenan L Community Member

I have wondered the same thing.

The way I think it works is, if you are setting your limit higher, you should have first preference compared to your competition, but I haven't seen any benefit from using the availability badge.

Have you?

Miles H Community Member

The badge is pointless, don't bother with it.  I tried it for a couple months and absolutely nothing changed.

RAJA K Community Member

The number of connects spent on the Availability Badge on Upwork does not affect the visibility of your profile. Whether you activate the badge for 7 connects per week or more, the visibility remains the same. The badge merely indicates to clients that you are actively seeking work.

Upwork only charges you for the time you have the badge on. They will deduct one connect at a time.

• The price to turn on the badge may go up or down depending on how many people have it on.
  • They'll let you know if they change the number of Connects it takes to have the badge on.

Upwork introduced a new feature called "Boost your profile". You can use this feature to increase your profile visibility. 

Boost your profile:

"With a boost, you can bid Connects to jump to the top of search results. Upwork only charges if a client clicks on your profile."

So, set your weekly connects for the Availability Badge to the standard rate of 7 Connects, or with a few additional connects as a buffer for potential price fluctuations, and for increased profile visibility and to attract more potential clients, invest connects in the "Boost your profile" option.

Oluwatobi O Community Member

Thanks for your assistance.

I am unable to turn on Availability badge on on my Profile. Having set some connect, yet I am unable to turn it on(the command to turn on is grayed out). This is very frustrating. Kindly assist.

I have attached a screenshot.

Thank you

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Tobi,

I took a closer look at your profile visibility and confirmed that it's been set to private which prevents you from turning your Availability Badge on. I took the liberty of resetting it back to public. You can now try and turn your availability badge on. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Mohammad Faran K Community Member

I have a 90 connects I can't still on my badge why? I am a freelancer under an agency Also my profile is not public. But it shows my side to the public 

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that your profile visibility was previously set to private (locked). I updated your profile visibility to public so you should be able to turn on your Availability Badge now. Kindly follow the steps listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Raisul R Community Member

I have activated the availability badge feature, but I'm experiencing an issue with my availability badge not turning green as expected. I've confirmed my availability settings and attempted to troubleshoot without success. I would appreciate your help in investigating and resolving this matter promptly. Accurate badge representation is crucial for communication and coordination. Thank you for your attention.

Hi Raisul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that the Availability Badge is on. Are you referring to the green indicator that you're online?

~ AJ
Upwork
Raisul R Community Member

Yes, why green indicator is gray?

Asmita B Community Member

Hello,

I am not able to turn on my availability badge even though I have more no of connects then required.
Kindly help in turning it on.

Regards,
Asmita B

Hi Asmita,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your profile visibility was set to to private (locked) so you were not able to turn on your Availability Badge. In order to turn on this badge, your profile visibility must be set to public. I just changed your profile visibility so you should be able to turn on the base now.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ramesh R Community Member

Hi,

I am wondering what the availability badge is, how it performs and what is the impact it on profile/ new traffic.

I have my availability badge on and set the maximum to 7. Each and everyday I am losing a connect for keeping the availability badge on. But if I look at my stats, I rarely get profile views from availability badge. Still I loses connects for the badge, even without getting views or any other impacts to my profile. 

So I am being unable to understand the concept behind the Availability Badge. Can anyone please elaborate how it works, the reason for reducing connects without having an impact on my profile and what if I turn off the availability badge?

Also, I would like to get your tips and tactics with availability batch to attract clients or traffic to my profile.

Thank you

Miles H Community Member

In my experience (and that of many other people who have posted), it makes no difference to have it on or off, in terms of invites and/or getting jobs.  Just a drain on connects that could be better spent elsewhere.

I have the same feelings Miles. As a senior person in this platform, would you recommend me to keep it on or not? I turned on profile boosting few mins ago.

Thank you

Miles H Community Member

I did notice more invites when I boosted my profile.  I did not notice more invites or interest from people when I just had my availability badge on.

This may differ based on your professional field, so I can only speak to my experience, but if you're looking to spend connects, boosting your profile seems to be useful.

I agree.

One more clarification, I created a client account and did a research. When I search for. "Wordpress Developer" or any similar terms to find a talent, I only notice top rated/ top rated plus sellers in search result page. Also in filters, I can't see an option to filter talents without a badge.

If this is how the search algorithm working, what could be the way to get attention from clients for newbies like me(I don't have a badge yet)? Is it only about submitting proposals?

Moin T Community Member

Hey,

New to Upwork. I created my profile while ago but was not able stay active. Now I am not able to turn my availability badge on.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Moin,

I can see that your profile visibility is set to public. Can you please share a screengrab of the error you get whenever you try turning on the Availability Badge?

~ Luiggi
Aroquia V Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I haven't logged in on Upwork for a couple of months and I did and tried to turn on my availability badge. Even though I have 145 connects It still asking me to buy more connects. Does anyone face an issue like this? please help me with a solution.

Thank you in advance,

-Vijay

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths