🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Turn on availability badge
Page options
Saima F Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep

View solution in original post

293 REPLIES 293
Sushant B Community Member

You're using the availability badge which costs connects. (as seen in the screenshot)

Although it's up to you, I recommend not using it unless you're high up in the search results.

FYI: Connects expire one year after they are credited.

Mario A Community Member

That is your availability badge. Go to "find work" and select OFF if you don´t want to spend connects.

Aleksandar R Community Member

My profile status was changed to private exactly one year ago (judging by the email I received from Upwork).
The form for resetting the profile status back to public on this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private is not working and returns "Our apologies. Something went wrong.

Your ticket was not submitted."

Can someone help me and change my status to public or tell me how can I do this?
Thanks in advance.

Hala K Community Member

Hi,

I cannot see my Availability badge and category in the sidebar.  From the last month My sidebar did not appear on the find work page, and I could not find the availability badge option. I have cleared the history cache it did not work. Kindly suggest any solution for how can I get my side bar options back?

Best Regards,

Hala

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Hala,

I tried but can't seem to replicate the issue you're describing. I can see the Availability badge option on the "Your Profile" and "Find Work" pages. Please visit this screenshot  for your reference.

You may also want to check this help article for more details when switching your Availability badge. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll gladly look into that for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Syed Abul Ahsan R Community Member

I don't have any payment card and I have 8 connects by which I can't submit any proposal. My connects deducted by Upwork  on "Available no Badge" condition everyday which I didn't understand. Is there any way to earn connects through requesting Upwork admin. Please help.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Syed Abul Ahsan,

We designed the Availability Badge feature option to help you signal to clients that you are ready for new work now. Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. We highly suggest you visit this help article to learn more about this feature.

Also, there are three ways to get Connects on Upwork. You can buy, earn, and eventually receive Monthly Free Connects. You may read through this help article to better understand how Connects works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Ogbe E Community Member

I ran out of connects today and my availability badge was removed. Would this affects the number of invites I get?

Thomas J M Community Member

Don't waste your money on the Availability Badge.  I found it to make zero difference in the number of invites I get.  

Ogbe E Community Member

Okay, Thomas. Thank you!

Maeve Mhairi M Community Member

Hey,

Yesterday, I used the required connects to turn on the Availability badge, but it has already been switched off. When I looked into it I'm being asked to spend more connects-- but it's been less than 48 hours. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Maeve Mhairi,

We checked your account and saw that your availability badge has already been switched off. Since it has already been switched off, you will no longer have any further Connects charges. You can check it here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Nitin B Community Member

Why is it 14 connects per week now? Previously it was 7 connects per week.thephotoshopdude_0-1717415901750.png

Sophie A Community Member

Prashant P Community Member

It is useless badge.  Most buyers don't know what that is.  It is just another way Upwork extracts your money.

Prajakta B Community Member

Is it necessary to put the availability badge on if I am new and have no work history on Upwork? 

I do have pre-set projects approved by the Upwork community on my profile. Is an availability badge helpful in that case? I don't want to waste connects if there is no value added. 

Obed T Community Member

There is no value in the availability badge. It's a waste of connects

Parth P Community Member

I am not able to turn on the availability badge, what wrong here, I have connects as well

3776c479_0-1718262308000.png

Obed T Community Member

Instead of 7 connects, you have to choose 14 connects or above. Availability batch for a week is 14 connects not 7. 

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Parth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to help. Based on the screenshot you shared, it seems that the Availability Badge isn't turning on because the current price to activate it is 14 Connects. To resolve this, you may want to try and input 14 in the number field, just like what Obed suggested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

You can find more information about Availability Badge in this help article.

~Ivy
Angela M Community Member

Why am I seeing a -1 connects twice each day?  

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Angela,

I checked and see here that you have already turned off your Availability Badge. To clarify, the price of the badge can change due to various factors, such as demand. We continuously keep an eye on prices to understand how they affect the market. If the badge costs 14 Connects, 2 Connects will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours to add up to 14 Connects for the week.

Additionally, you can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they're inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you're ready and eager for new work. 

~Ivy
Neil Vincent G Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue as well, I am unable to turn on my availability badge. It was turned on before and now I can't turn it back on.

Respectfully,

Neil

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Neil,

I am sorry to hear about the issue faced by you while switching on the Availability badge. Could you please confirm if you get any error messages? 

- Pradeep

Neil Vincent G Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

This is the error that I am getting below.

neilblacklist_0-1721619610961.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths