🐈
» Forums » Support » BUYING CONNECT NOT THROUGH EARNINGS
Page options
64d62258
Community Member

BUYING CONNECT NOT THROUGH EARNINGS

Hi, I don't want to buy connects through my earnings. Can Upwork just let us freely choose our billing preference in purchasing connects, so far I've tried but it has still been deducted from my earnings. I have small earnings and I wish to try to withdraw this in full but sadly, when I need the connect purchasing, I have to pay through my earnings.

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hello Jullybee,

We appreciate your interest in buying Connects. If you have sufficient funds in your Upwork balance, we will deduct the cost from there. Otherwise, we will use your primary billing method to complete the transaction. Alternatively, you can withdraw your earnings from your Upwork balance and then use your billing method to buy the Connects directly.   

- Pradeep

Upwork

I don't want to buy Connect through my earnings, I was hoping, you would
give us an option as to how we should buy Connect not by directly letting
us deduct it from the earnings, no need to wait until my earnings are low
down then have to change payment options.

and talking about withdrawal? I can't even withdraw my earnings if it is
not within 100 dollars (this was so saddening), I'm not even a
high-income earner in Upwork, and then this happened. I was hoping that you
could all be more thoughtful in a situation like this.

You can withdraw any amount of money when I last checked. You may have to pay transaction fee on each withdrawal though. 

Hi Jullybee,

You can withdraw any amount even if it's below $100, however, I don't see that you have a payment method set up. If you want to be able to withdraw your earnings, please set up a payment method here.

Once you have a payment method set up, you can empty your earnings from your Upwork account before you purchase Connects so it uses your billing method instead of your Upwork balance, if that's how you prefer it.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths