dvshah26
Community Member

Bug while searching

when I try to search it's coming "null" in searchbar

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

14 REPLIES 14
colettelewis
Community Member

I'v been getting this too - whatever I look for and trying three different browsers and clearing cache and cookies - so mods please don't suggest either of these, because it hasn't worked for me, except for having to reset various passwords etc. 

LuiggiR

Hi Dhvani,

Thanks for reaching out. Does this only happen while you're on the mobile app? If you haven't already, can you try performing a search through a PC and see if the issue persists? In case you're only seeing that from the app, you may try reinstalling it and see if that helps. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dvshah26
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for replying.

Issue also happens on PC in normal window as well as Incognito window.

Hi Dhvani,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while using the Search feature. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your reponse. 

I tried in normal window as well as incognito window as well as in different browser problem still persist.

hi dhvani

same is happening to me and i have a ticket open for this issue since last 2-3 days...and issue is still there

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

hi nikola

thanks for the update but my ticket is already opened with same issue

regards

Rahul

Hi Dhvani,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9e7c3e9b
Community Member

hi, have you tried searching from another device?

687371c4
Community Member

Hello!
I am able to reproduce the same (if not, similar) issue with the "null" value.  In my case, the "null" appears to be the default value when the Search is initially clicked with just a blank.  Ideally, should expect all the available work to pull up since there is no search criteria .. but instead, it pulls a few that has the "null" mentioned in the work description. I'm able to make it work after removing the null and clicking search again.. or by toggling the U.S. only vs International toggle.  Perhaps a bug that needs to be addressed..?  I'm using the web application version on my PC, btw.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your report. I can confirm that there's no bug with the search feature. I actually checked and tried but I can't seem to replicate the issue. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~ Arjay
Upwork
687371c4
Community Member

Thank you for the prompt response, @Arjay M!

I confirmed that the same "null" search issue is happening in FireFox, IE as well as the mobile app version regardless of clearing cache/ cookies.  Please keep in mind that the issue is happening for [job searches] from what I am experiencing. 

To specify, the steps are as follows ->

1. Open a new browser (Goto upwork.com, ofc) and search for Jobs without any value in the search box (regardless of whether the user is logged in or not).

2. The value "null" defaults into the search box and only a few job results meeting the null criteria are displayed.

3. Remove the "null" and then reset the search -> either by clicking the search button or toggling the U.S. only filter.

4. The value "null" no longer defaults into the search box and all the job results are displayed.  

I tried to attach a recording of the issue in .wmv but got an attachment error that the content type does not match the file extension.  Instead, attached are screenshots of the issue in both IE and FireFox + inspect screenshot in GC.  Hope that helps bring light to the issue.  Thx! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing those details with us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths