🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't Accept or Decline Invitation to Intervi...
Page options
Ashley C Community Member

Can't Accept or Decline Invitation to Interview

I recently received an Invitation to interview for a job. I reviewed the job description and message from client, and then went to respond accordingly, only to find that the button to do so is missing.

Sometimes if I don't respond in time and they've chosen someone else there will be a "this job is now closed" message in place of the button but that's not there either. I was considering declining the job anyway so I just left it and figured it would resolve itself, but after a couple days it's still like this, and I'm worried it's going to negatively impact my response time rate that other clients see.

I've checked on Safari, Chrome, and mobile, and it's the same on all of them. No button to accept or decline. Is there something I can do to remedy this, or is this a bug on Upwork's end?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working as fast as possible on solving this issue. 

We will follow up on this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Please feel free to let us know if you still experience any issues on your end. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Doston,

Thank you for your message. I checked the invitation and I noticed the job is already removed. That said, the job invitation is no longer active and will be taken off in a few days. Rest assured, this will not affect your responsiveness stats.

Thank you

Pradeep

Doston G Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I see that this proposal("Not Found") is still in my active invitation list. I think it may effect this to my responsiveness stats, so when it will be fixed

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Doston,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Doston G Community Member

d_gulmatov_0-1649326324897.png

Hello Nikola, you told that it will not effect to my responsiveness but has effected so Could you fix it

Lei Z Community Member

Hi support team!

Please check my screenshot and help me. I have attached 2 screenshots.

2 days ago, I received 1 invitation **Edited for Community Guidelines**

So I tried to response to that project, but it's no longer available.

I think, this project is deleted by upwork. I don't know.

But the most serious problem is my invitation status is going down. This is my big problem. But I replied to all the invitations.

I have concern if this is affected to my profile or not.

I tried to decline this project, but no way to do it.

SUPPORT TEAM! 

Please help me. If someone can help me, please remove unavailable invitation for me.

I am waiting for a good news.

Thanks.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Lei,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Adhanet P Community Member

My profile now says I have 3 invites. When I press the link to send a proposal it goes to a page that says "proposal not found".  Anyone else?

Peter G Community Member

They were most likely scams that have since been removed. Scam posts and even invites have become a huge problem recently. Many freelancers are reporting that their feeds and invites are mostly scams.

Athar M Community Member

I have been invited to apply for a job however I am unable to accept to reject this project. I have checked it on my mobile app as well as on another browser and I can't see the accept or reject button. I can't see this project on the Invitation to Interview tab under the proposals sections either.

I can see the client has already hired someone else however this job is still open. It's also worth mentioning that client's original message mentioned hiring for a differnet position then the one in the project details. Is there any way, I can get in contact with the client or accpet the invite?

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Athar, 

When this happens, the job is already closed because it has already been filled. But, the system is taking time to update it. It should be updated soon on your end. 

~ Avery
Emran A Community Member

I have received an invitaiton but there is no button for accepting or declining the invitation. Just wondering if it will affect my JSS. I would like to decline the invitation. 

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Emran,

It looks like the job post you're referring to has already been closed. This will not affect your JSS.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Emran A Community Member

Thank you.

Seda A Community Member

In my case, I'm not able to accept or decline the interview, and the job is not closed (i.e. I can view the job when I click on "View job posting").

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Seda,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Charlotte K Community Member

I'm unable to accept or decline an invitation to interview. 

How can I have this fixed or cleared so it doesn't affect my response time on my profile? 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Charlotte,

I checked and would like to clarify that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section.

You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

~ Nikola
Douglas Michael M Community Member

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Charlotte,

I checked and would like to clarify that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section.

You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

Nikola,

You and your colleagues would not have to repeatedly answer this question if Upwork would improve its messaging—that is, actually have a message saying "this job/offer is no longer available" rather than just removing the response buttons.

Best,

Michael

Muhammad Umer S Community Member

I was recently Invited for a same job twice , and I am trying to decline both these invitations , since the job isn't a good fit for my skillset.
But when I click on respond button , it takes me to the invitation page , but there is no "Accept" or "Decline" button.
When I log in to upwork from my mobile browser , I can see both buttons and when I try to decline , It throws an error "something went wrong , try again later" 
d2aa653b-59da-45bc-ba29-6c0f468584de.jpg

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

~ Nikola
Christienne Faith B Community Member

I cannot accept an offer. It says "An error has occurred. Please try again later" after pressong the accept offer. Can you please help me. Thank you.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Christienne,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working as fast as possible on solving this issue. 

We will follow up on this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Please feel free to let us know if you still experience any issues on your end. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Farah A Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am also facing the same issue.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Farah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience? If possible could you share a screenshot of the invitation you are referring to so that we can assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths