🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Wrong country while creating my profile
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
40e38ba7
Community Member

Hello, 

Can you help me change my country from USA to Morocco.

I was recently in USA on a visa and it doesn't work when bidding for a job offer.

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

Your country was updated as per your request. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
40e38ba7
Community Member

Hello,

I still see that I'm located in Oklahoma City. I go to contact info but it seems the button doesn't work.

How about identity verification?

Hi Hamza,

I checked and you should be able to update your location and the city. Please remember that all the fields need to be filled out before updating. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the problem persists, please send us the screenshot from your end so that we can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello I moved to Madrid, Spain, and I need to change my location, please help, thanks

Hi Angela,

Feel free to go to Settings > Contact Info and update your country and address under the 'Location' section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also need help changing my country back to the US. I'm a Michigan resident and tried to change my address back to Michigan without luck. When I try changing it, it just loads and loads forever

Hi Caroline,

Your country was updated according to your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0deb614f
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to change my address from India to the US. However, when trying to change my address it asks me to update my w-9 tax information. But when I go to that link, I do not see an option to update my w-9 info. Please advice on what needs to be done.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaison,

It looks like you were able to update your country to the US. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am facing the same problem. Trying to change my address from India to the US. However, when trying to change, it asks me to update my w-9 tax information. By following the given steps, submitting w-9 info again, but still not able to change the address details.

Ravi S wrote:

I am facing the same problem. Trying to change my address from India to the US. 

Ravi, are you actually personally physically based in the USA? Not your agency, but you yourself? 

Hi Ravi,

Please keep in mind that your address needs to reflect your current location. Presenting misleading information on Upwork is a violation of our TOS. 
If you need further help with your account, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried to change my country three times from Taipei to Vienna via Settings. I was then told by support to create a ticket, which I did, but I haven't heard anything back. It's been about 3 weeks now. 

Can somebody please help?

Thank you. 

Hi Marcella,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You changed my location to Taipei, Australia. This is incorrect. 

I live in Vienna, Austria. Please change it again. 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcella,

Your country was updated as per your request, feel free to update the rest of the information under your account settings.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
403a0769
Community Member

Hey,

It still says Taipei, Australia on my profile. I want to change it to Vienna, Austria. I have tried to update it in Settings, but it won't work. 

I don't know what else I can do?

Hi Marcella,

To update your city please go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and update your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your help! 

petra_r
Community Member

Marcella T wrote:

It still says Taipei, Australia on my profile.

It doesn't, it says Taipei, Austria. The timezone is also wrong.

You need to update the city yourself under settings.

Hi Team,

I also stuck with this problem.

I am creating my profile and it is showing my country as Unitest states and not allowing me to change the same.

I need to set the same to India.

Please help me as appropriate.

Venus,

I have updated the country to India, please fill out the rest of the address on your profile. 

anas-i
Community Member

Hi Team,

I also stuck with this problem.

I am creating my profile and it is showning my country as United States and not allowing me to change same.

I need to set same to Malaysia.

Please help me as appropriate.

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anas,

I`ve updated your country, feel free to add the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you
6ef28f2a
Community Member

Hi Avery,  I was on vacation in the us when i started my account but live in the United Kingdom - could you change this for me?

Hi Agusta,

You can go to Settings > My Info and update your location there. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I created a contract for a freelance worker and the company country pulldown menu is stuck. it will not allow me to scroll down to the USA.

Hi Pearl,

Just to clarify, you would like to update the country on your account? If yes, please let me know what country you're trying to add to your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I too encountered the same problem. I am from India, but choosed USA bymistake.

Kindly change it to India so that I can proceed with my account creation.

Thanks,

Arun

Hi Arun,

Our team just changed your country back to India, feel free to finish your account now. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I’m encountering the same problem.  While creating my profile account chose the Philippines.  Should change it into Japan, please help.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Merly,

I`ve just updated your country to Japan.

Please keep in mind that presenting misleading information on your profile is a violation on our TOS.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m currently living here in Japan. Should I put Japan?  Or my home country?  

Hi Merly,

I have already updated your country to Japan. Please keep in mind that if you`re staying for a longer period of time in one country you should update your address to reflect your current location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello!
I'm currently trying to create my profile on Upwork, but can't choose the right country. For some reason, France is auto selected, and I'm currently in The Netherlands. 
Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards,
Ana-Maria

Hi Ana-Maria

I've just updated your country, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello 

I am having the same problem. I am an american citizen working in the US but started creating my profile while visiting South Africa and it has automatically selected SA as my home country. It is grayed out though and am unable to modify it. Can you please help me with this so I can finalize my application? Thank you in advance. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nizar,

Please advise as to which country and state your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths