🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Change my location
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
longstoryshortco
Community Member

Hi, My country code is not the same as my country as I travel a lot. So I can't verify my profile. Please unlock this & fix this bug so you can add your own country code. 

I am able to verify with a dutch phone number. 

Hi Rebecca,

Your Country was updated. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to update the rest of your profile information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
carretero_sheila
Community Member

How to change the country in the profile?

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for your question. Please let me know the name of the country and I'll update your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ea_o
Community Member

I am trying to submit my profile but I can't change my location from Mexico to UK

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily,

Your Country was updated as you requested. Please update your profile with the rest of the information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I started my profile while I was still living in the US, but have since moved back to Canada and have not been able to change my country.  If someone could help update the country to Canada, it'd be much appreciated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your Country was updated to Canada, Neil! Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
wajeehasabirr
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence to Pakistan from United Kingdom in my profile creation.

Hi Wajeeha,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ndewalt92
Community Member

I am attempting to create and Upwork account but I cannot put in my correct Country. It has defaulted to UK but I need it as United States.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicholas, 

I have updated your country from the UK to the US. You should now be able to update your address accordingly. 

~ Avery
Upwork
andy_illy
Community Member

Hi i need to change my country to New Zealand from the UK.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

I have updated your country from UK to New Zealand as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
translatedbysura
Community Member

Change country from New Zealand to Germany (Cologne)

Hi Sura, 

The team will follow up with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
prisp22
Community Member

Hi. I need help on changing my location to the US. I tried to change it several times but it won’t let me finalize. Thanks.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Priscila,

Your Country was updated to the US. Please add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
deinielg
Community Member

Hi there! I accidentally clicked on the US as I was setting up my profile but I live in the Philippines. I can't change my country through Settings as I haven't completed my profile yet but I can't change it either in the profile setup page. Please help, thank you!

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your country has been updated to the Philippines as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

dionisrailean
Community Member

I can not change my country , it is set USA , but I am in Moldova , can someone help me?

Hi Dionis,

Your Country was updated to Moldava. Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nickolove-l
Community Member

I need to update my address but the dropdown menu doesn't provide the correct options.

Hi Nickolove,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

The issue is that I currently live in Barbados and the dropdown menu for
city doesn't provide relevant options.

Hi Nickolove,

We have updated your Country to Barbados. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jenkthomas
Community Member

HELP! I started to create a profile when I was in the UK but live in the US and now I can't finish the verification because I can't change the address to a US address and therefore can't put in a US number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your country has been updated to the US, Jennifer. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I just moved to UK for my masters programme, I will like my profile to reflect UK as I will be residing here for 2-3years.

Kindly help change it.
Community Member

Hi,

I recently moved to Canada and my country still shows as Nigeria, Could you assist with changing this? Thanks

Hi Detan,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tina_todua
Community Member

Hi.

Country in my profile is set to US and I can not change it to Georgia. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tinatin,

Your Country was updated as per your request to Georgia.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
james_louis
Community Member

Hi. I am having problems changing my country from the US to Vietnam. 

Hi James,

~ Goran
Upwork
yukisando
Community Member

Like most folks on this platform it seems, I cannot change my country during my account creation and thus am stuck with "United Kingdom".

Could you please set my account to "Netherlands" so I can go to the next step and enter a dutch number.

Hi Nathan,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I created my account during my master study in UK. I cannot change my address now since I moved back to Indonesia.

please help

thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths