🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
arbab_621
Community Member

How i can chang my location, 
currently i am Pakistan but my location on my profile is USA,

and 

if i don't change my location, can i receive my funds, i don't have any US Account and not Paypal,
i have only Payooner Account,

Please your Suggestion highly appriciable, Please Help me to get rid out of this problem,

keen to hear from all well wishers, 

Thanks with best regards: 

Arbab Khan

Hi Arbab,

Please, go to your Settings> Contact Info> Location to change your country. You need to have your actual location on your account in order to continue working on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your quick response, but i have try to do, but the edit button not working, 
and for further details  is that, there is message "Contact your customer support"

so, please tell me, what should i do next

keen to hear from you

Thanks 

Arbab Khan

Hi Arbab,

Your location has been changed to Pakistan. Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank You So Much Valeria, For resolve my issue,

I really very glad to you, very qucik responsive, respose  from your side, 

if don't mind, did you guide me about payment method,
because now i m in Pakistan, 
which method is suitable for me, Because Paypal Services are not availble in Pakistan, So please let me know too about this qurey,

Thanks With Best Regards:

Arbab Khan

Arbab,

You can go to your Settings> Get Paid> Add a Payment Method to see which options are available in your country. You can find more information about each option here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hey Valerie, I have the same issue with the location and address changes. I created my account when I was living in Egypt and now I'm in the USA, I can't change it as it keeps asking me to contact support, what shall I do?

Hi MennatAllah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked bu t could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if the issue persists? 

You can go to Settings > My Info and update your location there. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Can you please help me to change my location from Dubai, UAE to Philippines as I couldn't change it. I created my Upwork account when I was in Dubai and now, I am in the Philippines already.

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

You should be able to change your location now by going to Settings > Contact info and clicking the pencil icon on the Location section. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Nicola can you please change my location from India to Canada. Thanks in advance

Hi Moumita,

I just checked, and it looks like you have already updated your country successfully. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I want to change my location too, from a city
to another one in Egypt too.

Hello Moamen,

You may change your location by going to your Settings, choose Contact Info, scroll down to Location and then click Edit. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi. Help me change location too. Im from Russia? but now im in sri lanka. I think its not feature 😉
Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleg,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to Russia?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Yes, change please

Hi Andrew and Oleg,

Your countries are now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The same problem. I want to change my location from Pakistan to Philippines but the contact info is not working. Can you please help me change it ?

Hi Kristine,

Your country has been changed to the Philippines as per your request.

~ Nikola
Upwork
122a3f40
Community Member

I checked it now, the location is still the same. It didn't changed

122a3f40
Community Member

I checked it now, the location is still the same, no changes at all.

Hi Kristine,

I can confirm that the Country in your location info has been changed. If you want it to reflect your current permanent address you must edit the other details by going to Settings>Contact info and click on the "pencil" beside the location information. 

As a reminder, your profile must represent you as an individual and all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear Moderator Valeria,

I am from Bangladesh. First time I was living in Dhaka city (one of city of Bangladesh) when I created my profile. Now I am living another city of Bangladesh.

My question, Do I need to change my previous address/city/postal code etc? Should I add new present living address? 

Advance thanks for your help. 

Regards,

Shaiful 

Hi Md. Shaiful, 

Please know that for tax purposes, you must use your real, permanent address. You can find more information in this help article. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then you should make updates to your account location. To update your location once you move, simply go to Settings > Contact Info and update the Location section of the page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Please change my location from United States to Vietnam.  When I change it in one place it does not change in the other.  I live in both countries equally but my phone number is Vietnamese and I can't change the country code from +1 for verification.  Why is it so difficult to make changes? Not a good way to start.

Hi Brenden,

Your country has been updated to Vietnam as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Madam

I attached Screenshot, for more details, which i m facing right now.

Hi Valeria,

Could you please assist me with two problems that im having?

• My account is locked to US but im located in Jamaica, I have tried to change it but was told to contact support. Please help me with this.
  • I was a member of an agency and I removed my account from the agency but for some reason Upwork is still showing me as a member of the agency I left.  I ended all contracts and closed all proposals.  Can you please help me to fix this?

Hi Monique,

Your country has been changed and the agency isn't showing on your profile anymore. Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you Valeria.

I've logged in to change my location and it won't let me; instead displaying a red circle. Also, when I start typing my current address in, it tells me no  results were found! I am not in the United States; I am in Egypt. Please advise.

Hi Dalia,

We've updated your country. You should now be able to go to your Settings> Location and update your address.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

• My account is currently locked to US but Am In Nigeria, I have tried to change it but was told to contact support. Please Help me out.

I don't have a location option under setting, contact information I can only change my password 

Arleta
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arleta,

Please follow instruction Ryan have shared with you and please take a look at the picture below. Thank you!Screenshot from June 26, 2018 6_52 PM.png

~ Bojan
Upwork

My in my profile location is automatically gets filled as USA and im not able to edit or write in it.Please do help .Thanks

Hi Sathish,

It looks like you already had your account location updated. Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

As the title says, I'm unable to change my country from United States to Egypt. I'm still currently creating my profile and the only page available is that page and it won't allow me to change my address, is there anything I can do about this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths