🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Ashish T wrote:

I'm trying to change my address to location but it ask me to "In order to change your address to the United States, you must first provide your W-9 tax information" even when I provided tax information

You need to first create your profile. It is empty.

If you have moved and are resident in the USA now you have to provide your US tax info, obviously

Hi Ashish, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
khalilajmi
Community Member

Hello,

I live in Belgium and i was not able to change my country to Belgium while creating my profile. can you support me on that?

Thank you

Hi Khalil,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please, change my country to Ukraine. 

Hi Viktor,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
allisonmorillass
Community Member

please change my country to colombia!

Your Country has been updated to Columbia, Allison. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
davijenko
Community Member

I have moved to France and have just found I cannot change my address or location - can't even update my new French mobile number to receive notifications to progress setting my profile up 😞

**Edited for community guidelines**

Kind regards,

Dave

**Edited for community guidelines**

Dave A.S. L
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dave,

Your country has been updated to France. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
davijenko
Community Member

Brilliant, thank you so much! 😊👍
Dave A.S. L
arrieta-daniel
Community Member

im trying to register in upwork im from argentina but im registering right no from us becouse im on vacation. My default country to register is united states and i cant change it. can i change it so i can finish my registration? thanks

Hi Daniel,

I checked and it looks like you have already changed your country to Argentina. You may continue your profile and submit it for review. If you need any help, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
scoutinvie
Community Member

I am trying to sign up but i accidentally signed up in USA when I am actually living in Spain. It won’t let me activate my profile without getting a text code first, but the phone number only allows me to enter a phone number from the USA and now I only have a Spanish number. Please help.
civektunahan
Community Member

Hello everybody!

i am Tunahan from Turkey but I am  studying  in Ukraine.

First I insert  "Turkey " in  countires field.

but I don't live in Turkey  now because I  am studying in Ukraine.

So What do I should do?

How can I change my location and is it possible?

Thanks

Hi Tuhanan,

You can update the address you added to reflect your current location. If you need further help, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gwmaar
Community Member

Hi there,

This is the second time I'm making this request: my country is locked as Thailand, but I am a U.S. resident and created my account in the U.S. Could Upwork please change my country?

Given how many people are having this issue, perhaps Upwork should consider looking at the functionality here.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gwen,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Your Country was updated to the US, please update the rest of your profile information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Interestingly, the country is set to US but the time is way off.

bizcos
Community Member

Hi

Despite the fact that I am in Zimbabwe, Zambia was the country automatically inserted into my form and I could not change it. Hence the country and city on my profile is wrong.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Norris,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,  I am encountering the same problem while creating my freelancer account. I need to change the country to the USA where I m based now. I hope you can help. Thanks! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marina,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_o_callaghan
Community Member

Hi 

I am having the same issue & would like to change my country to Canada but it is disabled. 

Can you help with this please?

Thanks!

Hi Michelle,

Your Country was updated to Canada. Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
uzamspress
Community Member

Hello,i just regsitered as a freelancer on upwork and i want to change my country from Andora but it is disabled kindly let me know how i cna out my country

Hi Collins,

Please confirm your location and our team will update your country from our end, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nigeria

Hi Collins,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I’m setting my profile up and I’m stuck in step 9 (Location) I’m unable to change the country (US) to Mexico.

Appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Victor

Hi Victor,

Your country has already been updated to Mexico. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I started filling my profile from scatch even log out/in but in step 9 it’s still set to US. I’m attaching a screenshot.

Never mind, the change is visible now.
Thanks a lot.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victor, 

I'm glad to know that this has been resolved. Please don't hesitate to post here in the Community if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
m-hamidn
Community Member

i live in Egypt not USA

Hi Mahmoud,

I checked and it seems that your country is already set to Egypt. Please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser. Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nadja_eriksson
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem-my profile is not completed yet cos I accidentally set my location to the United States and now I cannot continue but I can't change it to Germany myself either. Please help. 

Hi Nadja,

Please note that all the information in your profile including your location needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. We have updated your Country to Germany. Feel free to update the rest of the information to your profile.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_o_callaghan
Community Member

Hi I am hoping someone can help me with my profile. I have just joined but my profile address is incorrect. All details are fine except that it won't allow me to confirm that it is Ontario, Canada instead defaulting to Cork, Ireland.

The option to update is greyed out so hoping someone can fix this for me.

Thanks for the help!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Looks like you were able to successfully update your address information. If you still need any assistance, feel free to reach back to us and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths