🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ignatius, 

I have updated your country from UK to Indonesia as requested. You may now update your address in your Contact Info page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aliutku77
Community Member

Hello, I can't change my country. However, I moved out and I need to change it to UK. Thanks in advance.

Hi Ali,

Your country has been updated to the UK. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
danicahazel
Community Member

Hi, I need help. I created my UpWork account and my location was set in USA by mistake and i can't change my address so I kindly request your help to set the right country Philippines in order to move forward with my account configuration. Thanks in advance for your help.

Danica

Hi Danica,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
annyberin
Community Member

Hi! 
My account is set on US but I live in Ukraine. I can not do nothing with this issue, because I have not finish my profile yet. If you have such an opportunity please change my location in settings.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

Your Country was updated to Ukraine as per your request. Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
keedecodiac
Community Member

Re: can i change my Profile location to Spain?

If that is where you live (and you can prove it if needed) - Sure.

Yes I can do that no problem.

Kind regards

Kieren

Hi thank you for responding. I would be happy to forward proof of address. If you can give me a contact email.

Can you change the location or do I need to contact someone else?

Kind regards Kiere

Hi Kieren,

Your country has been updated to Spain. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
keedecodiac
Community Member

Hi does anyone know how to change your location if it is greyed out? my one says i'm in the UK but I'm in Spain I followed all the help links but have gone round in circles for ages.

itsmahe
Community Member

Hi I need to change my country to India to complete my profile, that option is disabled and set US as default.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahendran, 

I have changed your country from US to India. You should now be able to update your address on your Contact Info page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
itsmahe
Community Member

Thank you very much Moderator!
itsmahe
Community Member

Thank you very much Avery, I am able to complete my profile now.

6edbab2e
Community Member

Hello,

Please change my default country from US to Philippines (refer to my billing address).

I can create a profile because the country code is +1, it should be +63.

I can't also login to my "Client" Account because I am always directed to " https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/ "

Your immediate attention would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Olan,

Your country is now updated. 
In order to be able to switch between profiles (freelancer and client) you will need to submit your application for a review. If you opened a freelancer profile by mistake our team can close it from our end. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fredyespana
Community Member

For some reason, my location is set to US and I'm not able to change it to Guatemala where I live. 

Hi Fredy,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Guatemala. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I cannot find the city drop down list options. I live in Hong Kong. Would you be able to help? Thanks!

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Please start typing your address in the field "Start typing your Address". You will see drop down menu with suggestions, once you`ve picked one everything will be auto populated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the reply. I did try filling my address but cannot find the auto-generated city options. 

Is there a way to show you my address and assist?

Thanks!

Ricky

I can't fill in my city 

Hi Jas,

In the Address field, please type-in your address to see if it will auto-populate with different addresses. You should be able to choose your address from there, and when you click on it, the rest of the fields should auto-populate. 

Let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Ricky,

Unfortunately at the moment you can't send me a PM with your address. But, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket/email and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sharon_smolarski
Community Member

I mistakenly sign with US location, can you please change it in Israel?

Hi Sharon,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Israel. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
wordpress_atwork
Community Member

Please change my country from USA to Pakistan. I’m unable to create my account

Hi Ahmad,

Your country has been changed to Pakistan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
alfur
Community Member

Hi, could you please change my country to Poland? Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aleksander,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ritambc
Community Member

Hi everybody, 

I'm trying to set my account but cannot change country! Any ideas why?

I don't live in the UK and do not have an english mobile phone either...

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rita,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you. Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ritambc
Community Member

I’m based in Malta at the moment. Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your Country was updated as you requested, Rita. Thank you for following up! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
myraboyones
Community Member

Hi, I had a problem with changing my country. Please help me change it to Philippines. Thank you

Hi Myra,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
elkelaplante
Community Member

I'm trying to create my account, but it thinks I'm from the US and doesn't let me change the country. Therefore, I cannot change the phone number and validate my account. I tried to get backwords but it didn't help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths