🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evan,

Your country was updated s per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My country is set to the US although I am living in Thailand - can you please change this for me?

Hi Erin,

Your country has been updated to Thailand. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jekeytimoy36
Community Member

Hi Timothy,

Could you please share the country you are currently located so I can check? Thank you

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I need my country changing to Israel. Can you change this for me please?

Many thanks,

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I'm currently in the Philippines right now.

Thanks!

Hi Timothy,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I've already submitted all the needed requirements and the support ticket is now closed.  But, still the location/country is U.S., I wanted to change it to Philippines where I'm residing.  I can't complete my profile setup because of this.

emily_firefly
Community Member

Hello, I would like to change my country from uk to Mexico please?

Hi Emily,

Your country has been changed to Mexico. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bodyjj
Community Member

hi, unable to complete profile. the app is constantly putting me in the UK. Not a problem generally, I just change it to the correct country. Generally in France but currently in New York, would like to put the address I am at but the app insists I am in the UK and won't let me modify. Tried to upload photo but that also failed. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Jeremy,

I apologize for the delay in our response to your post. One of our team members reached out to you to assist further with your concern about your location. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4aee1286
Community Member

Hi there!  I am encountering a problem while creating my freelancer account. I need to change the country to Kazakhstan where I m based now. I hope you can help. Thanks! 

Hi Darya,

~ Goran
Upwork
garciajonine
Community Member

hi can you help me change my location to philippines. chnaged it in settings but it's not allowing me change  it to where i can complete my profile

Hi Jonine,

Your country has been updated to Philippines. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I am located in Guam, which is in the United States but it isn't recognizing my address or allowing me to change my country to anything but the United States.

If Guam is an option as a country please change my country to Guam. Otherwise please advise me on how to input my Guam address with the United States as my country.

Would anyone be able to help me with this request?

Hi Scott,

Your country has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander, 

Thanks for getting back to me, however my country is still locked in as united kingdom, which in turn on the next screen asks me for an english mobile (+44) instead of the Spanish version (+34).

Here is a screenshot confirming:
https://prnt.sc/te70na

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

I checked this for you and our team has already reached out to you regarding this concern. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
charler
Community Member

Hi Upwork!

I am English living in Spain and when entering my details for my profile I gave my English details when creating my profile however when it's asking for my phone number I only have a spanish mobile (+34) not the english version (+44).

Can you please change my location to Spain? or allow me to enter my Spanish mobile.

Happy to provide proof or my English passport to prove who I am.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jgodek
Community Member

In order to change your address to the United States, you must first provide your W-9 tax information here

I then click HERE and Im asked to enter VAT info. I moved from the UK back to US and want to change my address. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jeff,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks!
ed787075
Community Member

Hi! i´m new in upwork and i can´t complete my profile because i selected a wrong country and i can´t submit a real phone nummer becuase it dosen´t let me change the country. 

Hi Paty,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I live in Mexico, thanks for your help 

Hi Paty,

Your country has been updated to Mexico. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ed787075
Community Member

thank you very much!

02a45be3
Community Member

I want to change my country too to Nigeria. I don't have any slightest idea how to go about this. 

d9d68f79
Community Member

Hi,

I just created a new freelancer account. I had an old client account. Im looking for work so had to create a new freelancer account. My country is set to UNited Arab Emirates. For the time being I have enbtered my UAE address and telephone number. But Im going to be working from INDIA. Please update, if possible.  My address and number:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi MOHAMMED,

I checked and it seems that you already closed your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e8cac133
Community Member

Hi,

Please change my default country from UK to Philippines.

I can't proceed creating my profile because the country code is +44, it should be +63.

I can't also login to my "Freelance" Account because I am always directed to " https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/ "

Your immediate attention would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Donalyn,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
diannemv
Community Member

Please assist with my freelancer profile set up. I want to add my UK number. I have a UK number but am based in Johannesburg South Africa currently. The profile is stuck on USA and adds +1 when I try and add my expertise on the set up page. I can't receive my verification code. Your help is appreciated.

Hi Dianne,

Just to clarify, are you relocated for a longer period of time or not?
If you`re relocating for a longer period then the address will need to reflect your current location. If not, our team will update your country to UK and you can add your home address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths