🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot accept offer from client. Please help.
Page options
4824176d
Community Member

Cannot accept offer from client. Please help.

Hi, I have just received offer from my client this morning. However, I couldn't accept it. The notification said "This client's account is on a temporary hold". How to solve this? The job offer expired on January 18. Can the issue solved before then? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Gabriela,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any hold on the client's account. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PradeepH

Hi Gabriela,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any hold on the client's account. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

My interactions are limited to providing text-based responses to your queries.

If you are encountering an issue with a client's account or any website, I recommend following the instructions provided by the message you received. Clearing cookies and cache or trying a different browser are common troubleshooting steps that can often resolve browsing-related problems.

Agree

4824176d
Community Member

Hi, thank you for the reply. I couldn't accept it before when I tried on both my laptop and my phone. I have just accepted the proposal after I switch it on my tab. 

Glad to hear that you were able to accept the offer, Gabriela. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you,

Upwork
f0950e80
Community Member

The client who sent you the offer, Upwork their account put on hold. when Upwork activate the client's account, you can send the offer again. thank you

d173df1a
Community Member

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't accept the offer from your client. This error message means that the client's account is suspended at the moment and you can not accept their offer or do any work for them until (if) it is resolved

Agree

07cde080
Community Member

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to solve this issue on your end, as it is up to the client and Upwork to resolve it. The best thing you can do is to communicate with your client and ask them to contact Upwork's support team as soon as possible to clear up the issue. You can also contact Upwork's support team yourself and explain the situation, but they may not be able to share any details with you due to privacy reasons.

935d1fa9
Community Member

The error message you're encountering, "This client's account is on a temporary hold," suggests that there might be an issue with the client's account status. While we aim to resolve such issues as quickly as possible, the timeline for resolution can vary based on the specific circumstances.

b658d523
Community Member

you may need to take the following steps:

1. Contact Upwork Support:

• Reach out to Upwork Support as soon as possible. Explain the situation and provide details about the error message you received. They can investigate the issue and provide guidance on how to proceed.
  2. Clarify with the Client:

• Communicate with the client and inform them about the situation. Let them know that you're working to resolve the issue and that you value the opportunity to work with them.
  3. Check Your Account Status:

• Ensure that your own Upwork account is in good standing. Sometimes, issues on the client's side can affect your ability to accept an offer, but it's also important to rule out any potential issues with your own account.
  4. Be Proactive:

• As the job offer has an expiration date, try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Upwork Support can provide insights into the specific situation and advise on potential timelines for resolution.
  5. Follow Up:

• After reaching out to Upwork Support, follow up with them if needed. Check your support tickets for responses and updates.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths