🐈
» Forums » Support » Cant seem to close any contracts
Page options
crispytheghoul
Community Member

Cant seem to close any contracts

When I try to close a contract after finishing a job by pressing the end contract and leave feedback link, when I press the end contract button on the feedback page ,the page hangs and stays that way. Nothing loads afterwards. 

The end contract button is then grayed out, I cant click on anything and my only option is to reload the page only to get the same result. There is a message on top of the feedback page which I haven't seen before and have left a screenshot in the attachments,Please help. Thanks.

Ananyo Chatterjee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and it looks like this is a known issue and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I am happy to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread but if you need further assistance feel free to post in Community and we will be happy to assist you. 

We appreciate your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Ananyo,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea I have this problem for three weeks now. It's kinda cute pretending like this is an isolated incident, until it isn't. 

Hi guys, I'm back again with the questions.

So I have completed a job successfully with a great client, and I have always been the one to end our contracts (pretty much an agreement we have had for a while.) He has paid me fully; there is no money in escrow; I have even gone ahead to withdraw the money. Now I want to end the contract, but I am receiving a warning from Upwork. Should I go ahead? Or is there something to look out for because I have never seen this warning before?

Attached is payment proof as well as the warning. 

Help.

It is always the best option to let your client end the contract. I am not saying that you can not end a contract, you can but it is better to let your client do it.

Upwork prompts you with a warning to be cautious before ending a contract. If you and the client, both parties are satisfied with the work delivery, have processed the payment, and have nothing hanging in escrow, you can surely end the contract. 

Just be sure to end the contract as "Job completed successfully" and hope your client does that too. If your client does not choose "Job completed successfully" it will affect your "Job success score".

The warning is there to remind and check things before doing something as a mistake.

I have ended a few contracts from my end without any issues, all those clients were very happy with the work and kept offering work in the future. If you have a happy client with mutual understanding, there is nothing to worry.

Unfortunately, after you created a 'ticket' NOTHING has happened in 2 days except for the team asking for screenshots, etc. Since then NOTHING. In 2 days.  Judging from this forum, this PROBLEM has been going on for MONTHS - when is this GLITCH OR BUG going to be FIXED???   Instead of rolling out "new" messaging features, mayble FOCUS on fixing problems with the features people actually NEED.   Me and the client BOTH want to END this contract because he hired me under another bigger contract, but we can't END the contract with a notice saying somebody OWES escrow payments - I don't want to look like I OWE, and he doesn't want to look like he's 'requesting' a refund when he was happy with my work.  I don't want my profile JSS / badge 'docked' for issuing some idiotic "0.00' refund on a contract that was already PAID OUT.  Can I get an ESTIMATED TIME FRAME for when this problem will be FIXED????  I don't need another 'ticket' that goes 'nowhere'. I need the problem CORRECTED so we can end the contract without all these possible bad 'side effects' of issuing 'refunds" for "0.00".  Do you have an ETA on when this BUG will be fixed?

Thank you. 

NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and it looks like this is a known issue and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I am happy to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread but if you need further assistance feel free to post in Community and we will be happy to assist you. 

We appreciate your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths