🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: categories on profile will not save
Page options
johnamorosso
Community Member

Categories will not save

I'm working on my profile and cannot get the categories to save.

I have attached an image.  It says "You must select at least one type of work".  

I have tried it in two different browsers, cleared cookies and cache and it's still not working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread but if you need further assistance feel free to post in Community and we will be happy to assist you. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
02e1d738
Community Member

I am also facing the same error. How to fix it? Kindly provide any assistance.

89e990f5
Community Member

Hi. I am having the same issue. Please help me out on this.

Hi Tahami,

We appreciate you reaching out and bringing this matter to our attention.  You can try changing the Categories from the bottom right part of the main page instead of the Profile settings. Please let us know if you will still encounter any issues so I can check back with them.

~ Arjay
Upwork
johnamorosso
Community Member

THANK YOU Bojan!

Hi John,

Can you share how you have sorted the problem?
I'm in the same situation.

Thanks 🙂

Hi Milen,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi 

I am facing issue while saving the category as QA & Teting

My registered email id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vipul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Sadly, just like so many others, my categories (under "Settings > Profile Settings > Categories")  won't save, please see the screenshot attached. 

Note I tried 3 browsers (Vivaldi, Chrome, Firefox), all on windows 10, always with the same result.

I heard the solution was to post a request here in order to get a support ticket running, so here I am. Thank you! 

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I tried with different browsers and cleared the cache and cookies. Still not working. Need help. Thanks

Hi Stefania,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it seems like I  can't replicate the issue. Can you please try doing this in any of these browsers and let us know if the issue persists?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

I've tried the other browsers and it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I can try?

Hi Stefania, 

Thank you for following up. Could you please share a screenshot of the error from your end so that we can assist you further? Please clarify if you see any error message when you try to save the category. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

c6f32202_0-1652818883386.png

This is the message I get.

johnamorosso
Community Member

I was told it would be escalated to the Technical Support Team, but it still isn't fixed.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
johnamorosso
Community Member

You are correct Pradeep, but that was over a week ago. I would think that something like users not being able to add categories would have been fixed within a day or two, not linger for over a week.

ca52a260
Community Member

Hey John,

I'm not sure if they have fixed the issue, but I did make it work by changing the Categories from the main menu bottom right, instead Profile settings. I'm attaching a screenshot. 
I hope that work for you too!

Regards.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 17.33.21.png

johnamorosso
Community Member

Awesome Milen!  It worked - THANKS!

I appreciate you following you following up with a fix!

f332e072
Community Member

I also face the same problem. I have selected a category, But System is showing an error message- "You must select at least one type of work".

f332e072_0-1648369923132.png

I try to choose categories in my account. I tried to do it in different browsers and mobile, cleared cache but I see the same error: You must select at least one type of work. I tried to google decision but there is nothing solution in your site. Help me please.

I have the same problem. Is there any solution to this?

Hi Angela,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Yurii and Angela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Снимок экрана 2022-03-26 в 22.11.01.png

This is my screenshot. In Profile settings I chose Categories, select just one Mobile development, click Save and get this validation error on any browsers and devices. Even in mobile version of Upwork. I see that this problem discussed at least since 2019 year. I think it's some validation error in Upwork code. As you see I'm not alone and this error ocure not only now. Please, fix it for us.

Hi Yurii,

Thanks for explaining this in detail. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I edit the list and ad 1 category as see in attachement

Click save but ask me to add at least 1 category (I already did)

Any idea?

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Azizur,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ilkovich
Community Member

Hello.

I can't save category selection to profile settings.
I have already tried both from a smartphone and different browsers. And cleared cookies.
Everywhere pops up You must select at least one type of work.

What should I do?

Hi Taras,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and it looks like this is a known issue and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

We appreciate your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
b17aec3c
Community Member

Hi Nikola, I am also having this problem trying to create and save my profile 

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your message. Did you try loading your Upwork profile on another browser? You can also try clearing your browser cookies and cache to check if that helps.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a95006c4
Community Member

It's not working for me.

"You must select at least one type of work."

When setting categories.

5b9e696b
Community Member

Having the same problem, can't select categories, this is a javascript error. This is the error when selecting a new checkbox, this almost certainly the problem

app.682e3057.js:2 TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'find')
at a.toggleCategory (profile.8db9b401.js:1:73432)
at input (profile.8db9b401.js:1:76212)
at Rt (vue.runtime.2.6.14.min.js:6:11360)
at HTMLInputElement.n (vue.runtime.2.6.14.min.js:6:13144)
at HTMLInputElement.i._wrapper (vue.runtime.2.6.14.min.js:6:44947)

This is happening in Chrome & Firefox. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths