🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Certification add problem
Page options
riverey
Community Member

Upwork Skill Certifications

Hi,

I am a no-code Web Developer and Designer and a Graphic Designer. Recently I've received an invitation to take on a "Web, Mobile & Software Development" Upwork Skill Certification. However, from what I see in the documentation, this Certification is geared mostly for programmers. I develop websites using no-code tools like Webflow, Airtable and unfortunately can not choose any of the existing options.

I do, however, feel that I can qualify for the UI/UX and Graphic Design Certifications in the Design&Creative category.

Is there a way to change the category? It's great to receive an invite and showcase my skills to the client but it's sad that the current category doesn't match what I do.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237
077f90d6
Community Member

Hello Upwork community,

• Is the Upwork Certification Skill for Pyhton Developers design for software developers overall or for Mobile, Back/Front-end developers?

• Where can I train for this certificate in specific?

Best regards,
Miguel Carvalho

Hi Miguel,

Upwork Skill Certifications in Web & Mobile Software Development test for individual proficiency in a particular language or technology. Assessment methodology varies by skill, using a combination of timed, proctored tests and in some cases, technical interviews. As an added benefit for earning a skill certification in the Web, Mobile & Software Development category, you'll receive a one-time bonus of 80 Connects. Learn more about the certification process here.

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Completing a skill certification in your primary field is required before applying to our Talent Scout program.

~ Arjay
Upwork
trhnpc
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,
I was wondering if there's an issue with my account because I received a message telling me that I'm now a part of the Talent Pool program, but I don't see any changes on my profile or in my interface. I was told by the interviewer that there will be a button I would be able to click and browse "special" jobs reserved only for those in the program.
Thanks in advance,
Bosko

trhnpc_0-1675933638393.png

Hi Bosko,

Thank you for your message. The attached message was sent to notify of the Upwork skill certification badge added to your Upwork profile. You can view the badge on your Upwork profile in the Certification sections. I see that you are already communicating with the Talent team via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to the support ticket from the email notification sent to your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
trhnpc
Community Member

Thanks, Pradeep! I will do that.

66034a41
Community Member

I've been invited to take the Upwork Skill Certification Coding Assessment. I took the test on CodeSignal (completed Feb 11, 2023) and it says it got verified, but i didn't yet get any email to know if upwork approved my results.

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
nahidhasan771
Community Member

Hello‚ 

Here Design Certificate from Hubspot Academy can be added in Upwork profile Certificate section. I completed the course from their academy but they didn't give any certificate. Please help me to get it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hubspot Design Certification in Upwork.

IMG-20230228-WA0003.jpg

Hubspot course 

IMG-20230228-WA0002.jpg

Completed. But didn’t get certificate. 

IMG-20230228-WA0001.jpg

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you submitted the request yesterday. Please allow 24-48 hours for our team to review this for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
anooshahabib
Community Member

Hi I just got an invitation to give skill test, however I am also a part of an agency. If I leave the agency will it affect my invitation to master skill.

Hi Anoosha,

Thank you for reaching out. Leaving the agency would not affect your invitation to the skill test.

~ AJ
Upwork
15ae1315
Community Member

I think there should be a certification or an education area for Freelancers in Upwork.  Freelancers have to upskill consistently in order to stay competitive.  This can be easily integrated with Udemy for certification.  Or a diploma for finishing a bootcamp in Big Data Development or Fullstack Development courses. 

Just thinking out loud.

Upwork already has this kind of certification available through Credly; you can find it towards the bottom of your profile. They also have their own skill certifications and expert-vetted programme, although these are invitation-only.

mrbilalarain
Community Member

Hi Upwork, i just received an exclusive invitation for upwork skill certification, i am worried i won't be able to participate in it untill 23 march because i am on a remote area for some private work, will the invitation expires on near date, or i can still participate after 23 march. please help.

Hi Bilal,

Once you accept the invite, you will have two weeks to take the first test. I can’t guarantee your ongoing eligibility or test availability at a future date. However, if it isn’t too far in the future, you have the best chance of still being able to participate. Feel free to respond to the same notification to reactivate the link if it expires so our team can assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3d91a3ca
Community Member

I'm in need of some urgent help regarding my Upwork certification verification pending issue. I've been waiting for my Inbound Certificate to be verified for over two weeks now. Upwork states that it typically takes around 2-5 days for certification verification, but my status is still showing as pending even after this much time has passed.

Is there anyone who can assist me with this problem? I would greatly appreciate any guidance or support to get my certification verified as soon as possible.

Thanks 

Hello Walid, it may not be the same. But, I had a similar problem with another certificate. What worked for me was reaching out to Upwork support and creating a ticket, 2 to 3 hours later my certificate was verified.

Oh, Thanks a lot for your response, let's see if anyone may help me here in this community. 

Hi Walid,

Apologies for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review and approve your certification. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can get approval to add this certification. Rest assured that our team will attend to your request as soon as they can.

~ AJ
Upwork
6eeb6769
Community Member

Hi

Can i add my Pinterest Advertising Essential Badge by Pinterest Academy to my upwork profile?

If Yes, what's the procedure for that?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To add your certifications, go to your Upwork profile > scroll down to Certifications > add your certifications.

~ AJ
Upwork
nahidhasan771
Community Member

Hello Upwork support,

I took the Hubspot Academy exam and earned the Hubspot Design Certification and added it to my Upwork profile. But more than a month has passed and Upwork has not verified it yet. When will it be verified?

My Hubspot design certificate:

https://app.hubspot.com/academy/achievements/wwzjszwg/en/1/nahid-hasan-nilim/growth-driven-design

I add this in my profile but not verified:Screenshot_1.jpg 

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you 

a27a4767
Community Member

My Google certifications are still pending verification after one month of submission. What should I do please to get it approved? 

Please help, thanks! 

Screenshot_2.png

Maybe that can help you

I don't understand what you mean! 

Hi Isaac,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank You

diyor13
Community Member

Hello everybody. I received an invitation for an Upwork skill certificate. I don't know what to do now. What are the profile requirements? What are the test questions? What is the general order? Please help if there are freelancers with this certification!

samrat3
Community Member

Hi Diyorjon,

Complete information about the Skill Certification is available in Upwork's official article. I've shared the link to their official article below:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052581373

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

I want to appear for the Upskill Certification. Let me know the procedure, how to appear for it.

Regards

Romel R

Hi Romel,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Luiggi

I understood that it needs a nice Reputation to get invited for Upskill Certification. Thank you so much for this Information.

Regards

Romel R

c0be3583
Community Member

Hi i have recently completed upwork certification and it said it will show on my profile but its not showing on my profile. How to make it visible on my profile and how to add it

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Write an email to the Talent Assessment Team, they're usually quick to respond. Congratulations!

thanks. Will do

6e62b957
Community Member

Hello!

I successfully completed the Customer Service test and obtained my Upwork Skill Certification on May 11, 2023. However, I am unable to see it displayed on my profile. Should I take any action or simply wait for it to become visible on my profile?

Thank you!

Hi Raymond,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths