🐈
» Forums » Support » Client account suspended
Page options
dragonsoftwares
Community Member

Client account suspended

My client account got suspended and he released my funds yesterday for fixed project. I uploaded his job to github. What happens to my pending invoice.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Abdulrazaq,

Thank you for your response. Yes, that is correct, as long as the eligibility criteria for Upwork Fixed-Price Protection are met. It uses escrow to help ensure that you get paid for the work you do and your clients get the work you’ve agreed to do. You can find more information in Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi Abdulrazaq,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period.

You can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

So my funds in pending would be approved after 5 days and the clients account been suspended doesn't affect it right?

Hi Abdulrazaq,

Thank you for your response. Yes, that is correct, as long as the eligibility criteria for Upwork Fixed-Price Protection are met. It uses escrow to help ensure that you get paid for the work you do and your clients get the work you’ve agreed to do. You can find more information in Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Just got notified my client requested a reversal from his bank and funds would be reversed to him. So would i loose my funds even when he got his job and is happy??

Client filed charge back at bank after approving funds which are in pending on upwork. Job is completed and he is happy what do i do now. His account is suspended as well.

Hi Abdulrazaq,

I can see that there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance. You can check your ticket on this page or your email.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have replied and am yet to get any response. Also sent attachment necessary. Please i need my funds. If this is how upwork works it's totally unfair. These funds shouldn't be refunded no matter what the case maybe as we freelancers are gonna be scammed always and we have no way of trusting upwork

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths