🐈
» Forums » Support » Client tries to pay me outside upwork and too...
Page options
bulanyk_olesia
Community Member

Client tries to pay me outside upwork and took my money

Hi to everyone.

Is it possible to resolve such situation with Upwork and get money paid and returned?

10 REPLIES 10
williamtcooper
Community Member

Olesia,

Never go off Upwork for payment since it's against their Terms, and if you do, no Upwork will not give you money. Please click the Academy link on the top of this page on how to best use Upwork. Have a great day!

Do they resolve such situations with clients?

Nothing to resolve if you went off Upwork's system for payment. Both you and the client would have broke the Terms of the site.

If you are on Upwork's system, you submit your work on Upwork and get paid automatically in 14 days unless a client asks for a revision.

Can I go with this contract and information on have they paid to aithorities?

I would click the Academy link on the top of this page for how to best use this site and for success tips.

The contract you have is not valid on Upwork as it violates many ot the Upwork's Terms of Service.

• Freelancers are not allowed to comunicate outside Upwork before a contract is in place on Upwork.
  • Freelancers are not allowed to give personal details.
  • Freelancers are not allowed to send money to clients outside Upwork.
  • Freelancers are not allowed to accept payments outside Upwork.

The only thing Customer support would tell you is that you violated many rules. You do not need Customer Support.

I can't find this information in the terms. Where did you get it?

colettelewis
Community Member

Olesia, you are in a bad place at the moment both geographically and with Upwork. First of all forget this last job. You were scammed. You will not get paid, and you can contact every type of police agency in the world and you still won't get paid. 

Second, if you want to stay on Upwork then you need to read everything about the site and about the scammers that come here.  First of all check out the first post in this thread https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/td-p/1222058 by Jeanne H. (and you only need to read the first post), who has given some very useful links for new freelancers on Upwork to follow: 

Also, to know what you can and can't do : Scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on Terms of Service: https://www.upwork.com/legal#terms

Then click on "Terms of Use" and then on "3.5 What you are not allowed to do". 

There is a lot of stuff you need to know about Upwork, but it is worth taking the time to go through it so that you don't get scammed again, or get your account suspended, because you haven't respected Upwork's regulations. 

Well, police probably won't be able make them to pay me for my work, but they can make frauds to give me money I sent them on credit card. I talked to them, there are some chances. And they can cut down these organization. I am forcing them to go to Upwork, make a contract and pay me. But right now without efforts. 

bulanyk_olesia
Community Member

Can you advise me what laws regulate the fees for e-wallets and their suspension?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths