🐈
» Forums » Support » Constantly getting error "Sorry, we couldn't ...
Page options
010b8fb9
Community Member

Constantly getting error "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected."

I keep receiving the error message "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected." when trying to make payment.
As you can see I have tried using multiple cards issued by multiple different banks, and also multiple Paypal accounts, all of which have money in the account.
I have read comments on other similar posts saying to contact the bank who issued the card, so I have contacted the banks who issued the cards and they have told me the payments were sent successfully to upwork, but Upwork then refunded the payments.
The Paypal accounts also show the payments were sent successfully from the Paypal accounts but were then refunded by Upwork. One of the Paypal accounts I tried has previously sent payments to Upwork without any problem.
I opened an Upwork support ticket about the matter 2 days ago and received a message saying someone was going to look into the matter and get back to me as soon as possible, but haven't heard anything since.
Please can someone help with this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths