🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment not authorized upwork direct cont...
Page options
a_moudud
Community Member

Direct contract payment issue

My clients can not process payment invitation for direct contract. It says. We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now. What is going on?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bilal,

As basic troubleshooting, your client could try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser. If that doesn't help, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181
kgeeks
Community Member

I just sent invitations to my client of 2000$ but when he tried to pay he got an error of payment not authorized by Upwork.

my client says that she tried to fund it and got the error message that "the payment method could not be authorized." She has already called her bank, there are no limits on the card, and her bank is not showing that any charge was attempted. It looks like this is an issue with upwork. The work has already been completed.

It looks like this is fully an issue on upwork's end. It's a shame because I was excited to find another viable payment processor other than Paypal with lower fees.

Hi Faisal,

I am sorry for the late response. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kgeeks
Community Member

not woking

e05b36b0
Community Member

I got the same issue.

I tried a new browser and it still didn't work.

Just keep sending the alert "The payment method you submitted could not be authorized. Please try using another one or contact Customer Support."

By the way, I am using a credit card to pay the freelancer and it worked with one freelancer and failed with another freelancer just 1 hour later.

Hi Phryne,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e05b36b0
Community Member

There is nothing on the support ticket link as shown below.

微信截图_20210528113433.pngWhat else can I do to fix the problem?

Hi Phryne,

I checked and I can confirm that one of our agents has already reached out to you via a support ticket. You should be able to access the ticket by logging in to your account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Have they solved your problem? I have the same problem, and I've tried contacting them through the 'Get Support' bot. They still haven't replied to the ticket

Hi Ana Belen,

I can confirm you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
sm_argha
Community Member

My client got the same issue. Last 5 days he tried to pay but it said, "We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now." 

Srabon Mandal Argha

Hi Srabon,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your Direct Contract payment issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
coralyne
Community Member

Hi ! I’m sorry, I’m French but I will try to make it clear in English.
So I’m new to UpWork, I just finished my first “job” and we were supposed to use Direct Contract so that I get paid. But the problem is that my client cannot manage to pay, it does not work at all. I thought that the problem was coming from him. But then I created a “Direct Contract” from me to me, just to check if it would work. And it is still not working, even if I have tried to pay with different cards. So it writes “Processing your payment” and never goes further. After that it goes back to the page where I have put the card informations.
How can I solve this problem ?

Thank you for your help !!!
Coralyne

Hi Coralyne,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Confusing. Are you a client or a freelancer? You don't pay if you are a freelancer.

I’m a freelancer but I just tried to make a “test contract”, as a client trying to pay myself, to see if it worked or not, and why it was not working.
AndreaG

Hi Ahmed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
a_moudud
Community Member

two of my non upwork clients face the same problem. its been sticking for two days.

Hi Ahmed,

Please allow the team time to review the issue. You can be sure that one of the team members will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sozan45
Community Member

Hello.
My client tries to pay a direct contact on Upwork. but he can't pay it. 
what's the problem?
Can anyone help me?

Hi Khurshid,

~Andrea
Upwork
tersooumah
Community Member

Facing something similar too. 

My client just made payment for a service and he was debited (he sent me transaction info). And yet he was told that 'The payment method could not be authorized".

How can we solve this because this back and forth with my client is super tiring.

Hi Tersoo,

I can see that you're communicating with our team via ticket regarding your contract. If there's anything else I can assist you with, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
zayim-1
Community Member

I create a direct contract for my client 3 days before and he pays the payment as well through PayPal/Bank but it's still showing "Funds Processing" on my side. How many days does it take to complete? And when I get the request for a payment option so I request the payment against the work I do?

Hi Zaeem,

Please allow up to 5 business days for the funds to be processed.

~Andrea
Upwork
zayim-1
Community Member

Are you sure after 5 days it will be in escrow and the request payment button shown there? Thank you

itzcollinpowell
Community Member

Does direct contract fixed payments, take 5 days to reflect like normal contracts

Hi Collins,

Once the contract is funded, funds can be released and become available to the freelancer immediately for fixed-price Direct Contracts and on Day 5 (after a 4-day client review period) for hourly Direct Contracts.

You can learn more about Direct Contracts here.

~Andrea
Upwork
21d4ccaf
Community Member

Colleagues, help me please to solve the issue.

I created a direct contract through the framework, sent it to the client, but the client cannot pay, paypal writes the following error - paypal requests you to use a different payment method for this transaction. please try again. 

The problem has not been solved for 2 weeks, all the specified deadlines for confirming the upwork and Paypal account have passed. Contacting support did not give results!

Does anyone know how to solve this problem and get paid by the client?

Hi Inesa,

Since the issue is on your client's side, I've asked the team to reach out to them directly so they can assist. They should receive an email shortly.

~Andrea
Upwork
sairamreddyg33
Community Member

Hi

Hi Sairam,

I checked and it doesn't look like you have any active or pending Direct Contracts. Please create a new contract that your client can try funding and let us know if you continue experiencing any issues.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi

Thanks for following up, Sairam. Could you please advise your client to try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? Please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

HH

Hi Sairam,

Thank you for following up and letting us know. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to your client to assist them directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
aba20e0f
Community Member

Hello!

I sent a direct contract to one of my clients. When he tried to complete the payment process the page froze. In the bank application it shows that the money was taken out of the account and it has a "Pending" status. Since then, the direct contract expired.

Has anyone dealt with this before? What should I do? The problem persisted for almost a week.

Note: the client lives in Romania. I think he made the payment with his company credit card.

Hi Mihai,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
93d7ec60
Community Member

Hello, guys. This is something that has kept me worried for a while now, and I need help. Please. 

So, I made a direct contract with a non-upwork client. I received a mail stating that she already approved it. But then I received another mail saying my account has been restricted because I didn't upload identity information. I have done that now, and it's being reviewed. 

My question is pending that time that thos gets reviewed and I get unrestricted, is the funds in there safe? 

I'll very much appreciate every reply. Thanks in advance. 

Hi Oluwaseyi,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths