🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct contract payment issue
Page options
a_moudud
Community Member

Direct contract payment issue

My clients can not process payment invitation for direct contract. It says. We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now. What is going on?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bilal,

As basic troubleshooting, your client could try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser. If that doesn't help, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181
93d7ec60
Community Member

Hi, Annie.

I've still not gotten a reply on my identity verification status. I submitted my document and my picture three days ago.

Please, help.

Hi Oluwaseyi,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and your verification is now approved. You should be able to see the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile now. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Yes, Nikola.

I can now see the badge.

Thank you for swift replies. 

a0db41f7
Community Member

Hello, there. This is something that has kept me worried for a while now, and I need urgent help.

I sent a direct contract request to my client's email today morning. According to what he said - once he reviewed the offer, when he attempted to pay for the contract, it shows him some techical issues for the first time. He then attempted to pay for the second time, and that time he also faced something like "unauthorized card" or something. But after that, the amount of the contract has been deducted twice from his debit card. Follwoing this, the second transaction was reversed immidiately tohis card, which was okay.However, till now his first transaction hasn't been reversed, yet I didn't get the accptance offer. 

Please take this matter into your considerations. Thanks!

Hi Diasha,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
marowrites
Community Member

Hey there, I’m trying to create a direct contract between me and a client in Spain. I’ve sent the link but the client is having issues paying for the contract. The response in quote was “we are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again later” Thanks

Hi Oghenemaro,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
aldanap
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with my client in United Kingdom, she tolds me her bank and they said that they declined the payment because the retailer is not working within regulations. I need a solution please. 

Hi Aldana,

I can see that you've reached out to our support team and several tickets have been set up with the same concern. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update through his page.  A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
aldanap
Community Member

Sorry this was my very first time in 7 years working here having an issue, the issue is not solved and the resolution center mark the ticket as solve and I my client in the UK still can't pay me the direct contract. Can you told me about this issue?

Hi Aldana,

It looks like one of our team members have reached out to you with information and assistance on how to proceed with your request. Feel free to update that support ticket by communicating with the team and you will surely be assisted accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ibrahimhussain52
Community Member

One of my clients who is not an Upwork users is trying to pay me through Upwork's direct contract. However, it has been 3 days but he keeps getting the same error again and again. He has tried to pay using a different device, and asked me ti raise invoice on more than 3 different emails. But, nothing seems to work. 

The fault is in the platform itslef and the client doesn't even uses Upwork. How can he fix the issue, or when will Upwork fix this bug?

Hi Ibrahim,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fb373533
Community Member

Hi, i am facing the same issue... 

client can not pay for direct contract, getting error... "We are sorry We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request now. Please try again in a minute", he has tried on multiple platforms and devices.. but same reply

regards

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Same thing happened with me please help me also

My clients unable to pay by direct contract. Showing some technical issues contact support

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
alyssa0417
Community Member

Has anybody experienced that your payment on your client from a direct contract was said paid on your invoice but not showing on your transaction history? This is already a month of issue with the support and they always saud Direct Contract Team still don't have any update. My client wanted to sign up on Upwork but hesitating because of this issue. Can someone help?

Hi Alyssa,

I can see that you've been communicating with the appropriate team with the same concern. Please continue doing that through this support ticket so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
belal_abdelhamid
Community Member

Hello, I have created a direct contract for my client, however, whenever he tries to pay the escrow money to initiate the contract. It tells him it's processing and it may take up to one minute however it takes forever. It doesn't work. I tried to make another hourly contract but faced the same issue. The client even tried different payment methods but the same issue re-occur

I also tried submitting a ticket from Support.Upwork but it seems to have a bug. I can't find anything on the page to submit a ticket. 

Please help!

Hi Bilal,

As basic troubleshooting, your client could try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser. If that doesn't help, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~Andrea
Upwork
ea8e7ce8
Community Member

same thing for me
My client paid through Upwork direct payment. but the transaction is in a pending state. and showing this error

we are sorry! we are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. please try again in a minute. upwork direct payment is showing

I have created a ticket as well. but did not get any response yet

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can confirm that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern successfully. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
b8c34a9d
Community Member

Hi , I have sent the direct contract to a client but his payment method keeps being unsuccessfill when when he tries to add it even when using different cards and or paypal , Can you please help me it's urgent.

Client is unable to add payment method when i send him direct contract , even when he tries different cards and browsers,

How can i resolve this ?

Hi Ayan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
juwel121
Community Member

Hi,

One of my clients trying to fund from her visa card but every time it's showing failed to her. 

She sent me screenshots. 

Note: She used the same card and direct contract method many times to pay me.

Hi Md Masum,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
juwel121
Community Member

Okay, Thank you 

nafeesahmad555
Community Member

Upwork charged payment from my client multiple times. It's been a week now. I contacted Upwork support. The client was also contacted. But they are not even replying. It's terrible. What should I do now?

Hi Nafees,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
500d997a
Community Member

Hi.  I've been trying for hours to fund on a direct contract, but I keep getting this "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute."

I have cleared my cache/cookies AND tried another browser, but the issue persists.  

Can someone help me with this?

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mercy0001
Community Member

Hi, 

My client has been experiencing issues in processing a payment via Upwork Direct Contract.

He keeps seeing the below message: "We are sorry. We are facing technical problems and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute."

This is so frustrating and I need help ASAP!

Hi Mercy,

I apologize for the inconvenience and trouble this error may have caused you. I'll have one of the Support Team members review your report and assist you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page with your Support Ticket momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
saeed-sohail
Community Member

Did you they able to resolve this problem i am also facing same problem

Hi Mahnoor,

~ Arjay
Upwork
samadshamsi
Community Member

Did you find any solution?

My client facing the same issue, when he attach his card he is facing same error.

Hi Samad,

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths