🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct contract payment issue
Page options
a_moudud
Community Member

Direct contract payment issue

My clients can not process payment invitation for direct contract. It says. We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now. What is going on?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bilal,

As basic troubleshooting, your client could try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser. If that doesn't help, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

205 REPLIES 205
gourangomondal28
Community Member

hi Upwork team, some day ago i did a payment received through in "Direct Contracts" 01-02-2023 but balance not come on account. it was my first time and really i am not understand.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Gourango,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already communicated with the team and raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Looks like the team is waiting for your response with more details so that you can proceed with the case. You can access your ticket here and please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to the email linked to your case.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0047f350
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to contact someone at upwork since 2 hours. One of my customer is unable to sign and fund the contract. He is receiving the error below when he is trying to make payment. Can anyone help me with this?

The error which customer is receiving is below,

"The payment method you submitted could not be authorized. Please try using another one or contact Customer Support."

Hi Rahman,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised several support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I'm still waiting reply from customer support ? I think they don't want to solve my issue and don't want to reply. 1 month passed, But I got nothing. My money is stucked on upwork. Please give me my hard earn money. this is not good. They don't want to reply and they don't want to give my money which is stuck on upwork from 30 days. Even they mentioned if client not accept your money will be release after 14 days automatically. But clients accept and all things clear but they are not giving me access to withdraw my money.

s_r246
Community Member

I have sent a direct contract to my client but Upwork is rejecting payment from him. He has authorized the payment from bank after first attempt and tried again but it giving constant giving error messages that the payment cannot be authorized. There is no agent on live chat or call either. Can anyone tell me how can I receive payment through direct contract with this issue? He didn't want to signup but ended sign-in up just. For this.

Hi Sabika,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised several support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nahidhasan771
Community Member

Hello‚

I worked on a direct contract with a client. He paid me but I didn't receive‚ "Request payment" is showing here. Upwork pls support me. 

IMG-20230222-WA0000(1).jpg

Hi Nahid Hasan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks 

s_r246
Community Member

I have just seen the people are complaining about this issue for a long time. Why are you not resolving this? What is you team doing since all this time? And there is no contact number either so we can get this resolved on call.

Hi Sabika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I'm still waiting reply from customer support ? I think they don't want to solve my issue and don't want to reply. 1 month passed, But I got nothing. My money is stucked on upwork. Please give me my hard earn money. this is not good. They don't want to reply and they don't want to give my money which is stuck on upwork from 30 days. Even they mentioned if client not accept your money will be release after 14 days automatically. But clients accept and all things clear but they are not giving me access to withdraw my money.

s_r246
Community Member

Can anyone here tell me if there problem resolved or not

39a1a45b
Community Member

Hi, i am facing the same issue , it's been two days still client can not pay for direct contract, everytime showing this error "We are sorry We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request now. Please try again in a minute", he has tried on multiple platforms and devices.. but same reply please do something about it.

regards

Hi Sohag,

As of May 1, 2022, no further payments could be made through Upwork by clients impacted by Upwork’s decision to cease operations in Russia and Belarus. If your client chooses to relocate to a region where we operate or there are changes in this policy, they are welcome to continue working and making payments through Upwork at that time.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

maggiepartin
Community Member

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 12.20.38 PM.png
My client is not able to fund a direct contract as he has received this message multiple times. 
Can someone contact me to get this resolved?

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
moeminmamdouh0
Community Member

"We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute." My client is getting this error when trying to fund a direct contract. He has tried clearing cache and cookies and switching browsers but is still receiving this error.

Hi Moemin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Client has done that but it is also not working. Should the client also reach out to support?

rationalobserver
Community Member

Hi everybody,

As you know, you can open contracts for customers who do not have an account with upwork and you have outside of the platform, via direct contract.

But the problem I've been encountering for the last 18 days is due to my client not being able to complete the payment fund. When your client wants to release the funds, he gets an error message as in the image below.

3F6ABEF8-2F09-405C-88E7-7FBE91B44D2D.jpg

My client contacted the upwork support team regarding the situation. I know that after 14 days the system will automatically release the funds. After the payment request on June 15, the fund should have been transferred to my account on June 29, but we are on July 3 and the funds have not yet been transferred to my upwork account.

• Has anyone encountered this problem?
• Is this a site bug or bug?
• Although I wrote to the support team, I did not receive any feedback. Is there something wrong?

Thanks,

Hi Emin,

We understand how you want this issue resolved immediately, and we sincerely apologize for the delay. I can see that several support tickets have been created with the same concern. Please coordinate with the team through a single ticket on this page, and you will surely get an update once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

As a gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
29f5c914
Community Member

I am literally fed up now as my issue is not being resolved by upwork support from long time. Around 3 months back, I got a notification from upwork that my client's bank asked upwork to reverse the payment. The project was delivered successfully and I had proofs of them as well, which I delivered to Upwork upon their request. After waiting for more than 2 months, on contacting upwork support again and again, I got an email that Bank has made a decision in upwork's favour so my deducted funds will be back in my account within 1 day. Now more than 6-7 days passed but still I haven't received my funds back. I contacted upwork support again and again but they just ignored me and I never heard back from them.

Its a request to help me out and resolve my issue.

Thanks!

Hi Abdul,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we certainly understand how you want this issue with your payment resolved. I've contacted the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. Rest assured that one of the members will reach out to you with updates via a support ticket on this page and your email momentarily. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
29f5c914
Community Member

No one reached out. Don't know how should I approach you. I am totally fed up with your support. The question is why did you deduct the amount instead of investigation? Now, if the issue is resolved, you should put the funds back. 

Hello Abdul,

I'm very sorry you haven't received an answer yet. I've followed up with the relevant team on our, and you can rest assured that they will follow up with you as soon as they have an update. We appreciate your patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

That is crazy maybe this is a sign for me not to use this app.
Community Member

I have complete a project with direct contract. Cliend accepted the project and sent the payment through direct contract. More than 20 days passed but upwork is not giving me accesss to withdraw my funds. Even I verified all things and gave all proofs. But they are delaying my payment. I used upwork just for my payment safety but they are not giving me access to withdraw my funds. I'm really disappointed with customer support, they're also replying 1 answer after 1 week without any explanation. And they are also not telling me exact time/date. Even they mentioned 14 days time period in earning section. but don't know about this procedure. How to complaint this behavior ?

Hi Habiba,

I'm sorry to learn about this experience. As much as we want to assist you here in the Community. We cannot disclose any information or actions being taken on a user's account publicly due to privacy reasons. However, I see that a couple of support tickets were set up with your concern. Please continue coordinating with the team through ha single ticket on this page so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, 

If I'll not post here then how my problem will solve? Like you gave me reply in 1 day here and Customer support not replying and you're saying contact via support. They always gave me 1 answer after 1 week. And they are not solving my problem. 21 days passed my ticket is open with customer support. I want my immediate help. How Can I complain the customer support ?  

We sincerely apologize if it's taking quite some time to address the issue with your account.

I've contacted the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. Kindly expect an update from the team on your ticket here and email momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I'm still waiting reply from customer support ? I think they don't want to solve my issue and don't want to reply. 1 month passed, But I got nothing. My money is stucked on upwork. Please give me my hard earn money. this is not good

a24ac6ba
Community Member

Hi good evening, I didn't authorize payment to payoneer but it was sent. Is there a way i can get it back to my upwork

Hi Ademola,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community. If you're referring to a withdrawal transaction initiated from your Upwork account to your Payoneer account, please know that once a transaction is initiated it can no longer be canceled or intercepted. However, if there's an issue with your payment method, the funds will be returned to your Upwork Balance.

I see that you've raised a ticket about your concern. One of the team members has responded to your ticket here and is more than willing to assist you further with your concern. Please don't hesitate to coordinate, and they'll surely help accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
imtiajbinaoual
Community Member

I've also sent my client a direct contract they are receiving this error for a couple of days. Please help fix this. Anyone solved it yet?

Hi Imtiaj,

Could you please request your client to try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? They can also try using a different browser or use a computer. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

He tried with a different browser still didn't work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths