🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Missing pending payment
Page options
1f2a8d2c
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568

We know this would take 2-4 business days to process bt normally after 1-2hrs funds are already processed and this will reflect on our bank account but why this is taking longer than usual??This is no longer part of the bug you had for last week since that was a payment for last weeks worked hours. I had No advance payments for the previous week when you guys had the issue last Jan 2 where payments were available earlier than expected

See on spam mail for the Proccesed mail.

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS TOPIC BECAUSE WE ARE WANTING OPINIONS AND CONFIRMATIONS FROM OTHER FREELANCERS.

I made a withdrawal last Friday (January 13, 2023 at around 11am PH time) but never received an email that it is being processed. I usually receive the email after an hour or two then the funds are available to my local bank.

I also noticed that other freelancers are having similar issue. See this thread:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support/Direct-to-Local-Bank-withdrawal-not-received/m-p/1230016#M63...

Hi Joeric,

Please know that your concern is related to an issue we had earlier this week with funds Available for withdrawal from users' accounts. Since your concern is related to funds withdrawn, It is really necessary for us to move your post to the appropriate thread.

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Unfortunately, no help at all. Other freelancers are also complaining similar issue. Withdrawals made on Friday (Jan 13, 2023) are still not available and no email confirmation.

We are having the same issue. I made the withdrawal on Friday 11am Philippine time but never got an email confirmation that it was processed. 

Hi Joeric, 

We will merge threads if we can confirm that there are no issues. It helps us manage the posts in the Community better and helps us locate specific topics as needed. 

As for your concern, and as shared by Andrea previously, I can confirm that we have yet to receive any reports that there are issues with processing your withdrawn earnings to your respective bank accounts. Note that, regardless of whether you received your earnings immediately in the past, please know that the standard processing time for Direct to Local Bank transfers is four business days. If you would like to receive your earnings immediately, you can choose Paypal or Payoneer (if it's available to you in your area). 

Since you're part of the Upwork Philippines Group, I have also discussed this in detail in this post in the Group, which you may want to check out. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bautista_j
Community Member

Today, I withdrew my earnings for January 2-8, but nothing happened. I have not received any amount to my bank account. This has nothing to do with the issue last January 2 since I did not withdrew any amount that time. Why is this happening Upwork? It is so disappointing. Why do we have to suffer for an issue on your end? Should we just move our clients away from Upwork? You are giving us a hard time these days.

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for reaching out. Please know that this thread is related to an issue we had earlier this week with funds Available for withdrawal on users' accounts. Since your concern is related to funds withdrawn, I'll be moving your post to the appropriate thread. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
3bfcb670
Community Member

Same goes to me. My worked hours payment for January 2-8, 2023 work week has still not reflected on my bank account after I made the withdraw yesterday. This is no longer part of the bug you had for last week since that was a payment for last weeks worked hours. 

Hi Rebecca,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~Andrea
Upwork
3bfcb670
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

Can I get a clarification on what is happening please

Rebecca, since you're concern is about a withdrawal I've moved your post to the appropriate thread. Please see my reply above for more information on Direct to Local Bank Timing. I can also see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
7a566e90
Community Member

i made a direct to local bank payment since 9th of january and i was notified it was processed but till today its yet to deliver.kindly help me

We are having the same issue. I made the withdrawal on Friday 11am Philippine time but never got an email confirmation that it was processed. 

Did you get one?

arpita_pathak
Community Member

But Valeria, its January 13!

why the funds are still not on my bank till now? 

Hi Arpita,

Please know that this thread is related to an issue we had earlier this week with funds Available for withdrawal on users' accounts. Since your concern is related to funds withdrawn, I'll be moving your post to the appropriate thread. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ferenal
Community Member

Is the bug still there?? I still have trouble with my funds, I withdrew them yesterday but it's not yet available in my bank.  It's unusual since I always get it on time ever since I started here in 2009.  Yesterday,  I did not get the 2nd email "Your payment has been processed". Could anybody on the staff look into my account? there's something odd in my transaction history.  weekly salary is very important, hope this will be resolved immediately.  And also, customer support is not available on Saturdays and Sundays anymore??

024b2a54
Community Member

Hi, I'm just a little worried. I just withdrew my Upwork payment directly to my local bank (Unionbank) and still haven't received it. It usually takes only 30 minutes. Are there others having the same issue? Is this an Upwork or local bank issue? Thank you!

Hi Jesse,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Likewise. I withdrew my funds directly to my bank account last Friday Jan 13 before 1AM UTC, cut off for Local Bank Transfers is 11AM UTC. Freelancers are complaining because this is not normal. We know standard for processing is 4 days bt we received our payments within an hour of transfer.  That's why freelancers are complaining because this is not normal.  no moderator was able to help and provide the answer to our complaints.

Hi Cony,

We understand most of the time the funds arrive sooner than the standard processing time but as long as it is still within the timeframe for standard processing, the funds shall arrive at your bank account- they are not considered delayed. If it hasn't arrived after eight business days, then we can initiate a trace of the payment.

~ AJ
Upwork
mbelv
Community Member

Hello,

I have withdrawn my weekly salary last Friday with Ref ID 546918336.  It's been 2 days now but I have not yet received any email if it has been processed already or what. I don't know where my money is. Can you kindly look into this please? Thank you.

86a982e4
Community Member

Likewise, I haven't received a payment confirmation email, and no funds have been transferred to my account since Friday. Please help us understand what's happening here. 

Hi Miralene and Sharon,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mbelv
Community Member

Funds finally received an hour ago. Thank you.

Same here. You're not alone, there are other freelancers who are experiencing same issue. And the support people don't have any idea about it.

dadadarwin
Community Member

Hello,

My withdrawal worth of $284.01 made on January 13th is still not reflected on my bank account. It is already 3 days delayed now.

Can you help me on this matter please? 

Thank you,

Darwin

I have the same issue. I will follow this thread for some answers. 

Hello Darwin and Jesse,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
33bdaafd
Community Member

I implemented the withdrawal of my money at 3 am (UTC) on 16 Jan 2023. For more than the last 24 hours, I only received the email "Payment confirmation", but didn't receive the "Payment has been processed" message and my money isn't still transferred into my Direct Local Bank account yet. That's quite weird and confusing to me. Normally, I know this process will be completed within 6 hours from the time I get paid from Upwork. I want to know about the status of my withdrawal, I don't know what happened with it. I also send a ticket to Upwork support but still not received feedback yet until now. Can you help me to check it? Thanks in advance.

Hi Tuan,

Thank you for reaching out. Generally, it takes up to four business days for the payment to be processed, it's just that most of the time the payments are processed early. This occurrence does not mean the payment is delayed. Note that the standard processing time will still be followed and bank holidays in the US and your country can affect the processing time for the payments.

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, I have just received my money today and the problem is solved. Thank you so much for your support.

7a566e90
Community Member

I effected a payment to my local bank since jan 9th and i got a notification email immediately that the payment has be processed but it's been over 9days now. the payment is yet to deliver to my local bank. 

attached is details of the payment

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork

It's over 9days since we effected this transaction

Hi David,

I'm sorry to learn that you still haven't received your funds. However, as mentioned by Annie Jane, If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S., and in your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7a566e90
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

It's over 9days now, kindly help me please.

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that the turnaround time is eight business days. Holidays and weekends are not counted. If you still don't have it by the 23rd, please let us know. 

~ AJ
Upwork
e7282c35
Community Member

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths