🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Direct to Bank Account Payment Delay
Page options
1f2a8d2c
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568

Hi Ammar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0f4184c0
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Many thanks for your reply I will wait till Friday (10th March) and will update you in case the issue is not resolved. 

mico02
Community Member

I processed a payment last March 1, I received an email on March 3 that the payment was rejected by the bank, so re-enable my payment method and I processed the payment back on March 6. As per the email, the estimated arrival will be from March 6 - March 8. Today is the 8th but did not received any payments. I already called the bank about what's happening, but they couldn't see any transactions processed from Upwork. So I contacted Upwork but so late to reply.

I have available funds today, March 8, I processed it again but received an email that the payment got reject by the bank, AGAIN. So I re-enable my payment method, and I planned not to process it back to my bank, but it got processed automatically to my bank. 

So now, I have 2 pending payments from upwork that were not processed and no transactions in my bank.

Hello Mico,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing payment issues with Upwork. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this:

1. Follow up with Upwork: Try to contact Upwork again to follow up on the payment. You can send them an email or use their chat support to ask for an update. Make sure to provide them with all the necessary information about the payment, such as the transaction ID, amount, and date.

2. Verify your payment method: Check if your payment method is correctly set up and verified in Upwork. Make sure that your bank account details are correct and that your payment method is not expired.

3. Contact your bank: Try to contact your bank again to check if there are any issues with your account or if they have any information about the payment. Make sure to provide them with the transaction details and ask for their assistance in resolving the issue.

4. Wait for Upwork's response: Upwork may take some time to investigate and resolve the payment issue. In the meantime, keep an eye on your Upwork account and email for any updates.

5. Consider alternative payment methods: If you're unable to resolve the issue with your current payment method, consider using alternative payment methods such as PayPal or Payoneer. These platforms are supported by Upwork and may offer faster and more reliable payment processing.

I hope these steps help you resolve the payment issue with Upwork. Good luck!

Hi Nel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
67860c0a
Community Member

Payment Delay?

No federal holiday or Upwork notice but haven't seen my earnings in my bank wallet yet. I have requested to withdraw money to local standard chartered bank pakistan. almost seven days has been passed but still I have not received it yet.

Hi Abdul,

I'm sorry to learn that you still haven't received your funds. I can see that you've already coordinated with our Support Team regarding your concern and a support ticket has been set up as well. Please continue communicating with the team through that ticket and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0d23e7ad
Community Member

I have a Payoneer account, I linked my Payoneer account, and whenever I withdrew money, it was instant.

So, then i added my Payoneer US bank details( which will be shown if you click on USD banner in Payoneer) into Upwork and withdraw money into ACH account. I withdrew money on Thursday and it's Monday here but haven't received any money in my Payoneer.

Please note that I'm from Pakistan and I have verified  Payoneer account.

Hi Moadib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, you may read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello MoAdib, I was wondering if you were able to resolve this issue. I'm considering transferring funds via ACH to my Payoneer USD receiving account. Would you say it's a secure method to use?

iamrizwan1000
Community Member

Hey,

I have added my new bank details to withdraw payments. The new bank details are also activated but After withdrawal, I don't get a payment. 

I am not sure why it taking so long, in my old account payment are always on time.
PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE

Hi Syed Rizwan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and in your location may affect these withdrawals.

In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks, Arjay for replying to me, it is taking time on my newly added bank account. but when I withdraw from my old bank account it does not take more than 30 minutes to arrive. So this delay would be for the first time when I withdraw from a new account? and later it will arrive fast when I will withdraw for the second time?

Hi Syed,

As Arjay mentioned, Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. We understand that you are used to receiving the funds sooner but anything less than four business days is still within the expected time frame for the funds to arrive at your bank, there isn't a delay unless there's a Bank Holiday in the US or in your country.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, Annie Jane for replying.

soban_sharif
Community Member

Hi! I withdrew my money from Upwork about 5 days ago but I still haven't received the money. Normally i get it within an hour. At first, I thought maybe it's because of the holidays (Saturday and Sunday) but didn't even receive it on Monday or Tuesday. I need it right now so can you tell me what should i do?

Hi Subhan,

Usually it takes 1 or 2 business days. Any messages in your Transactions on Upwork? I would contact Support if you have not recieved payment by Wednesday. Thanks!

How do i contact support? I thought they only reply you

The Support link is on the top of this page.

I hope this has nothing to do with the Banking Crisis in the U.S. In my case I requested a payment yesterday morning and during 2 years they always get to my bank the same day but yesterday I got nothing. I am still expecting that payment. 

Hi Subhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S. and in your location may affect these withdrawals.

In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6735bc63
Community Member

Hi,
I withdraw my funds March 17 at around 7 am via local bank transfer. I received an email of withdrawal notification. My problem is until now i have not received the email "payment has been processed". Usually I received that email same day evening, but until now there is none.

Can someone help me?

Hi Ahsan,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. You will be notified via email as soon as your payment is processed. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Is payment processed? It takes 30 minutes to process now its 2 days 

Hi Ahsan,

I understand that you're concerned about not having received your payment yet or being notified of it being processed, but as Pradeep previously mentioned, if the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ahmedwebgraphic
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I usually get my payment transferred in my bank account within 24 hours but this time it has has been more than 3 days but I haven't receive my payment. Kindly look into it as I am worried about it

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Ahmed,

I'm sorry to hear you have not received your funds. Please note that Direct to Local Bank withdrawals can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If after eight business days, you still have not received your funds, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
73e1f459
Community Member

Hello I requested for a payment via my Upwork account at 8:20am 03/21/2023, I got a message from Upwork that the payment has been processed. However, the fund is yet to reflect in my local bank account until now. 

I have being using this "direct to local bank account" for a while now and I get my payment in less than 5hours. I wonder what's happening now. What could be the issue now? 

Hi Gift,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
766e115f
Community Member

Hi,

I am based in Kenya and chose the direct-to-bank payment option for my Upwork account. The first installment of my gig fees (from a client based in US) was cleared on Upwork about 6 days ago but I have not received the funds in my account and I have not received any notification from my Bank or from Upwork on the reason why there is a delay. I need some help since I am unsure whether I should proceed with my gig if I will not receive all my money.

This is quite urgent so if anyone knows an email address I can use to directly contact the Upwork help center I'd really appreciate if you could share it. Thanks

Hi Maggy,

Please note that international bank transfers can take anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks to be processed, depending on the banks involved and the transaction volume. As your client is based in the US, it's possible that the delay is due to the international nature of the transfer.

Before reaching out to Upwork, I would recommend you to:

- Double-check your bank account details in your Upwork account to ensure they are accurate.

- Verify with your local bank to see if there are any pending transactions or if they have any information on the transfer status.

If you still haven't received your payment or any updates after checking these, you can contact Upwork's Customer Support for assistance. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Upwork account.

2. Click on the question mark icon (?) located in the top-right corner of the page.

3. From the drop-down menu, click on "Get Help" to access the Help Center.

4. Scroll down and click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

5. Fill in the form with the relevant details and submit your query. Upwork's support
team will get back to you via email or chat, depending on your preference.

Remember that Upwork's support team might take some time to respond due to the high volume of requests, but they will do their best to help you resolve the issue.

In the meantime, you can continue working on your gig as the delay in payment is likely temporary and not indicative of a recurring issue.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with resolving your payment issue.

hamzaharoon22
Community Member

Hi All,

I hope all are fine and doing well. I notice from last 2 weeks my funds are arriving too late in my local bank as compared to the past experience. Usually I received Upwork process email within  1 hour after withdraw request. In today case 10 hours goes but still not received processed payments email from Upwork. Please assist me with that. Thanks 

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I know funds take time to arrive in a local bank. But my concern is I did not receive a payment processed email from Upwork that usually i received within 1 hour. So when Upwork process my payment then i will receive it in my account. 

Hello Hamza.

You are also facing the same problem for the last 2 weeks, Same here , I don't know whats going on with upwork, Do you have any Idea?

d76376c5
Community Member

Hey there Upwork

Yesterday I made a transaction from Upwork on 22nd March to my local bank account but I haven't received it yet in my bank account.

This never happened to me before, where ever I make a transaction from Upwork, it transfers the amount within 5 to 6 hours, but this time is been 4 days, and I didn't get the amount yet. Upwork also says it takes 4 business days to transfer funds and it's already been 4 days still I haven't received it.

Please I am curious, let me know how can I trace my payment using reference no, or should I wait more?

Kind regards Sajjad

Hi Sajjad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for Replying Annie, 

It's already been 5 days and still, I haven't received the funds, Could you please track my payments using the referral number or something? 

I am looking forward to Upwork support. 

Kind regards

Sajjad

Hi Sajjad,

Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
chan_flo
Community Member

Hi,

It's been over 24 hours since I received the payment processed confirmation email but funds are not yet credited to my local bank. Called my bank but there's no pending remittance/transfer. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths