🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
1f2a8d2c
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568

Hi Emy,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and it looks like you have an open ticket with our team regarding this issue and they have confirmed it has been escalated further. If you have any questions or are looking for updates please communicate directly with our support team as they are the ones who can best assist you. 

~Andrea
Upwork
dante101
Community Member

I'm facing a big problem, I tried to transfer money to my credit card 14 December, 3 days later, I got notification that payment could not be processed and bank transfer has been disabled. Then I add my bank information again and tried to withdraw again in 23 December. 3 days later, I mean today, I again got the same notification that payment could not be processed and bank transfer disabled. Why is this happening? Is this Upwork problem or bank problem? Please tell ne the way to fix it. I urgently need the money.

Hi Sazzat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
4fc88301
Community Member

Hello, Good day.
I requested payment from Upwork account via Direct to Local Bank transfer on Thursday, 29th December, 2022. I got a confirmation email that the payment has been processed a little afterwards but it's been one week now and I still haven't received anything in my local bank account. it's usually doesn't take this long and I'm now worried.
Please I need assistance and nobody is replying the ticket I sent 2 days ago. Please can I get someone to talk to. It's urgent

Hi Emmanuel,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, Pradeep H,

It's been 8 business days. 13 days since I made the withdrawal and still nothing. I've contacted my bank several times and they said nothing has been received.

The ticket I replied to concerning this matter yesterday has not still been address that's why I'm reaching out to you here. Please I'd like to initiate a trace. It's urgent.

Thanks.

aswanijahangir33
Community Member

Hello Upwork! 

I'm a top rated freelancer on Upwork, working on this platform for over one and half year now. 

I haven't received payment in my local bank account which I requested on January 02, 2023.

I contacted the bank and they told me that they haven't received any amount from Upwork.

But from Upwork, I got the email that my Payment is processed.

Any help:) 

Hi Jehangeer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork
6b835172
Community Member

Hi, I made the transaction on 4th January and got the confirmation email of the transaction but I haven't received the money in my bank account. It usually would take only 2 to 3 hours but this is the first time that I haven't received the money till now. Please help me. 

Hi Romaisa,

I'm sorry to hear you have not received your funds yet as you typically do. Please note that Direct to Local Bank withdrawals can take up to four business days to be received by your bank. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6b835172
Community Member

Hi Luiggi

Thanks for the response, but one thing it's already 5th day and what if I don't get the funds today as well. What can be the posiible solution please guide.

Thank you 

Hi Romaisa,

I'm sorry for any confusion, but I referred to business days. This means that weekends, Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If after eight business days, you still have not received the funds on your end, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
asifsaeed
Community Member

The issue is not resolved, we have not received our payments even after withdrawal. Seems payment is somewhere at UpWork end and they are enjoying their holidays by destroying ours. What a great gift of new year from UpWork. Very much disappointed. Especially when you have pending bills and today is last day. Second I don't understand why all UpWork support staff replies the same as it would take 2-5 business days to payment arrival while we are telling them it took only required 1 hour max and we did hundreds of transactions before. Even after that story by waiting 2-5 days then they said comeback after 8 days and then they will trace the transaction. Very unprofessional statement. You need to improve your services significantly. And in such a fast electronic era we still need such a long waiting toile.hmmmmm!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to learn about your payment withdrawal and how you feel about the same. I see that you are referring to the fund withdrawal using the local fund transfer method.

While I understand most users receive funds within a few hours of initiating the withdrawal, please note that the standard time for processing your fund withdrawal using the Direct to local bank transfer is within 4 business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kate_bercasio
Community Member

Hi guys, anyone experienced delayed lft to bpi. Since Upworked was delayed payment last Friday. 

Same here. will wait until wed.

Hi Kate and Regie,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
xtn_311
Community Member

Same here, I withdrew the funds at 8am philippine time but it's already 12:45midnight and I haven't received the said funds on my local bank. Other freelancers in my country was able to receive theirs but why was there a very long delay on my request? 

Please, kindly look into it. Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e7282c35
Community Member

Hello same issue here i withdraw my fund o 4 jan and still no money on bank account have alredy open ticket and started investigation with my bank but no money fron upwork on and no such transaction , as i see are lot of people who have issue with funds not on bank why you. Keep post the same nessage .

a48bbe9f
Community Member

Hi guys,

I raised a ticket on Upwork - a few days later the ticket was closed as "Resolved", however, the problem is still the same. I have two questions:

a) why would they label it "resolved" when is not resolved?

and b) why won't they leave a comment to help me understand what they have done?

I look forward to what you have to say,

Cheers! 

Hi Adeel,

I checked on this and it looks like they already responded to you. They had to close the new ticket you created because you are already being assisted on the other one. 

We highly suggest that you avoid creating several tickets for the same concern as this may further delay the team in assisting you.

~ AJ
Upwork
4fc88301
Community Member

Hello,

I haven't received my funds since 2 weeks ago when I withdraw to local bank. I raised a ticket and I was told to wait for 4 day. I waited 4 days and was then told to wait for 8 business days before upwork can do anything.

I have patiently waited. It's the 10th business day now and I haven't gotten anything. 2 days ago - the 8th business day - I sent an email via my ticket for assistance with fund tracing. Over 48 hours now and still no word from upwork. 

Please I am once again asking for support. I've gotten too many setbacks this new year because of this delay. Again, please I need assistance.

Thanks.

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
9eda9144
Community Member

my payment got processed on jan 6, it's jan 12 now i haven't yet received my payment to my bank.

Hi Nailah,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Upwork

This is an upwork issue i do not understand why Upwork do not open an escalation why need to wait 8 bussines day when are lots of freelancer who are having issues . Why Upwork is taking fee from us to mantain a correct servise and give solution . Please Freelances need to pay their bill its not normal to get 1 week-salay after 1 month bcs upwork dont want to open escaltion.

I completely agree with you Ardian. Though Upwork have a specific time frame for the funds to reach to our bank accounts, Freelancers wouldn't complain if this is normal because our payments are always processed the same day, within an hour of Upwork withdrawal as long as it is before the cut off time which is 12AM UTC for Local Bank Transfers.

I contacted my bank and they said since they are the receiving bank, they have no control over the issue and I need to raise this concern to the sender which is UPWORK.

This issue should be escalated since quite a number of Freelancers already raise this concern.

its been 8 business days, although it's my fault.

i accidentally put in my bank account information slighty wrong  i updated it now, will i lose my funds?

Hi Nailah,

Thank you for your message. In case of incorrect details, your funds will be automatically returned to your Upwork account within 8 business days. If you are referring to the fund withdrawal initiated on Jan 6th, the 8 business days will be completed after Jan 19th as the day of withdrawal, weekends and Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country are excluded. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

This is a follow-up to your previous request #38508679 "Chat: Withdrawal status" Pls no one is responding withdraw from 4 Jan still not reflected on my bank account .

cony_marie
Community Member

Does anyone here having trouble with receiving funds direct to your local bank? It's taking longer than usual. The funds were available for this week for pay period Jan 2- 8 and I initiated a withdrawal directly to my bank account and it's not even yet arrived. 

I appreciate any help 

albutra_joeric
Community Member

Another payment processing issue again? Withdrawing is not an issue but not email notification that it was being processed.

Hi Joeric,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to a fund withdrawal initiated a few hours ago, you should receive an email notification as soon as the withdrawal is processed. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I usually receive an email saying 'Your payment has been processed' after an hour or two but right now I didn't get one.

Last week we also experienced delay in making withdrawals due to funds not being available on time for Top Rated and Top Rated Plus freelancers.

Hi Joeric,

I understand that most of the time the fund withdrawal is processed within a few hours but the standard time to process your Direct to Local Bank fund withdrawal is within 4 business days. You will be notified as soon as the withdrawal is processed. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

It's not a good idea that you guys keep on merging threads into one. Keep in mind that we are posting a new thread to give awareness or ask feedback from other freelancers if they're experiencing the same issue.

Really doesn't make sense unless there's an ongoing issue on your system. A new thread helps determine if it is a new issue that needs to be addressed or not.

cony_marie
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

As you can see on the attached transaction, funds were already available for withdrawal for pay period Jan 2-8. I initiated a funds transfer directly to my bank account earlier 3AM UTC Jan 13, bt until now the funds are not yet processed. And now the balance is zero bt the funds are not yet on my bank account. I have no issues last weeks pay and was not paid in advance as well.

Can you please help

Hi Cony,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

It's not a good idea that you guys keep on merging threads into one. Keep in mind that we are posting a new thread to give awareness or ask feedback from other freelancers if they're experiencing the same issue.

Really doesn't make sense unless there's an ongoing issue on your system. A new thread helps determine if it is a new issue that needs to be addressed or not.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths