🐈
» Forums » Support » Verification fail
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

789 REPLIES 789

Hi Akila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
fc0fa606
Community Member

I'm at the final step of setting up my profile and when I enter my phone number and hit the Send Code button I don't receive a text message on my phone.

Hi Burt,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry if you're having trouble receiving the code to complete the phone verification. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ad5435b2
Community Member

I cannot apply for jobs because it says I entered my pin too many times but I never tried and when I go into my security options to add sms as a verification method, it does not send me a text message to complete the verification. This is the message I receive when I try to apply for jobs: "You attempted to change your PIN too many times." But its false because it doesn't give me an option to receive an sms verification code. When I try going to add sms as a 2FA, I don't receive any text message.

Hi Kameron,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

No ticket was opened and I still have the same problem even after performing the actions of the previous ticket

34766c97
Community Member

I have not been able to receive verification code for my phone number, even after multiple attempts. Please do reach out to me to help verify

A.O.P

Hi Providence,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
72ffe77b
Community Member

Hi, 

Im not receiving the text message to verify my account. I've looked on the support articles and it says that I can enable and use authentication app. When I follow the instructions and go to my settings, it won't let me turn this option on. Text message and mobile app promt also wont allow me to turn on.

Can someone from support reach to so I can verify my account 

Hi Beck,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
384879e2
Community Member

Hi, Upwork team, I clicked the verify phone number button on my Client Account and I am yet to receive a text message for the verification. Can someone assist me please. Thank you

Hi Gabriel,

~ AJ
Upwork
a9503be8
Community Member

Hello! Just joined the client section of Upwork and in order to post a job, I must verify my number and now the issue is, its refusing to verify. Not even sending necessary code. It's getting frustrating 

Hi Eseoghene,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9f8343ad
Community Member

I'm trying to post a new job, but I get the popup inviting to enter a code sent to my phone. The phone I entered is correct, but I don't get the code. I even got the message "Re-sending PIN limit has been exceeded". How can I validate my job post?

Hi Yvan,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed you've successfully provided the verification code. It seems you're all set! Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
458037d8
Community Member

I am new to upwork as client account. In the phone verification process, I added correct phone number but I am not recieving a verification code on my phone. I want to post job and get my work done asap. What could be the reason for not recieving code on phone? I am recieving other messages but not this code.

Hi Aiza,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8c9b4178
Community Member

I noticed this is a somehow common issue. The PIN code required to verify the telephone number is not received by SMS. No workaround for this in order to be able to post jobs...

Please help if you have experienced this and have a way around it. Tried using another 2FA option, but it's still pushing for the SMS...

Hi Alexandru,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
maricardgz
Community Member

Hi,

I no longer have access to the number associated with my Upwork account. I am receiving the OTP or code to that number. However, I have already updated my contact number and input the updated and active contact number but am not receiving the code to the new number.

I need assistance to remove the old one and put in the updated and active one. Thank you!

Old Number Ending: 9196
New Number Ending: 1719

Hi Maricar,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
25a375aa
Community Member

Hi 

I just signed up to upwork and it asking me to verify my phone number before I can post a job. However I'm unable to recieve the SMS message sent to my phone. I went to the chat session of upwork and it seems there no way I can do this

Any help

Regards

Sam

Hi Sam,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
25a375aa
Community Member

Thanks Nikola, I'm on standby.

9c15f187
Community Member

i am unable to post any jobs because i didnt receive the sms verification code even though 2 method authenticator options are off.

i have also been unable to contact support and chat bot is not helpful

Hello, I am an Upwork Freelancer with 3 active contracts and earnings of
$100 plus and a good job review. Maybe I can forward my link so that you
can invite me for an interview depending on the type of task.
Javier

Hi Isioma,

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee77f23c
Community Member

I hope this post finds you all well. I've recently created a client account on Upwork. However, I've hit a roadblock when trying to post a job on the platform. Upwork is asking me to verify my phone number, which seems like a straightforward step. But the problem is that, after entering my phone number, it prompts me to enter an OTP code that should have been sent to my phone via SMS. The issue is, I haven't received the SMS with the code, and therefore, I'm stuck.

I've tried this process multiple times, waiting for the SMS to arrive, but it hasn't shown up in my inbox. Help me pls Sirs

First of all, I'm nazli 

First, you enter your number, if the SMS has not arrived, there is a time at the bottom right below, there is a send SMS button again after it expires, it will be enough to press it, I had the same problem, have a good day.First, you enter your number, if the SMS has not arrived, there is time at the bottom right, after it is over, there is a send SMS button again, it will be enough to press it, I had the same problem, have a good day 

Hi Niki,

We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry if you're having trouble receiving the verification code via SMS. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2df6adf2
Community Member

Contact me too please!

Hi Jumshud,

Please share your concern here and we will either reply to you on this post or reach out to you via a support ticket if needed.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I have an issue with verification of my phone number. So I am filling the required field with the correct number of my phone number, but I don't recieve any OTP. I need this verification for posting a job opportunity for freelancers.

Jumshud, I see that you already have a support ticket regarding your concern, and an agent has contacted you with more information to assist you further. Please refer to your ticket and follow up with the team so they can continue assisting you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abef2cb1
Community Member

Phone changes limit has been exceeded

I can't change mobile number to received OTP IT exceeded changes please hel

Hi Orade,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2df6adf2
Community Member

I am trieng to post a project and every time at the end I have to pass the verification step.

So Upwork offers only one option and it is sending the security code via sms to my phone number. 

Okay, phone number? No problems, here you are. But! After entering your phone number and clicking the buttom "Send code", nothing happens. I mean, nothing comes to my number.

So, I am trying this method of verification hole several days long. What should I do?

P.s: Though, today I did about 3-4 phone number verifications on other websites and everything was successful.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths