🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

756 REPLIES 756

Hi Jacklyn,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
28024d53
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

It seems that support page does not load from different browsers even when I cleared history. It keeps loading nonstop 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about that. You should be able to access the same support ticket as a copy is being sent to your email as well. 

Regarding the problem you are having with non-stop page loading, have you tried switching to another browser to see if you are able to access the ticket?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
28024d53
Community Member

Hi, 

I no longer have my old phone number and I cannot login to my old account. I created this account to report it. How can I get my old acc back?

Thanks

Hi Mr M,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via an email to assist you further.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts. Please close the account you created to reach out to us to avoid violating Upwork's Terms of Service

Let us know if you need assistance with closing your account. Thank you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
brita01
Community Member

I lost my phone. I need to change my number in my account but I can't access it because of OTP. 

Help me, please!  Thanks.

Hi Mae Angiele,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you. Appreciated.

Hi Luigi, 

I'm having the same problem. I no longer have the mobile number attached to my account and as soon as I click on settings to update it, it asks me to verify the number. 

Thanks, 

Shevi 

Hi Everyone,

Good day!  I lost my phone and forgot the number I use in my two-way verification.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Heba,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

Username :Heba **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best Regards

Hi Heba,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Kindly close your newly created account in order not to violate Upwork's Terms of Service.

Thank you

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello! I'm Md Ikbal **Edited for community guidelines** unfortunately, I lost my phone as well as my Google Authenticator password, Now I'm unable to edit my profile. for your verification purpose so now I wanna disable my 2-step verification with the google authenticator app, I'm attaching my government NID card. Please help me.

Yours faithfully

Md Ikbal Hosan 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Md Ikbal.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much for your prompt response, I wanna disable my 2-step
authenticator with the google authenticator app, so please let me know if
you need any information for owner verification, I'll submit those
information & documents.
Thanks
Md Ikbal Hosan

I need help in updating my contact number. The system is trying to send me an OTP to an old number that's no longer working. Many thanks!

Hi Nerissa,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via an email to assist you further with updating your phone number. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Use your authenticator app to generate a code. Enter it in the code box and press Confirm. 

please help me how to solve this issue 

Hi Md Rafiul, 

A Customer Support Team member will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks

How to change phone number? I don't have my old phone number and have a new one.

Can someone tell me what is Upwork Support Email? So I can contact them.

Hi Dusan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I need help to change my old phone number so I can edit my profile. 

Thanks!

James

Hi James,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much.
jun1983
Community Member

I need to change the phone number but cannot go to settings coz I need to put in the verification code.I lost my phone with the verified phone number

Upworkerror.PNG

Hi Junji,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5204a3c8
Community Member

It refuses to let me change my phone number because it wants me to authenticate me account with my old number. I was told I had to 100% answer all these questions that I DO NOT remember because I’ve barely used this account. AND WHY IS IT SO HATD TO JUST SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN SUPPORT??? This should not be this difficult! I’ve since taken my maiden name back too. I’ve never had a “job” until the one I just accepted. I’ve never been paid for anything. I can’t do a w9. I can’t do anything because I cannot get the help.

Hi Kimberly,

~ Joanne
Upwork
669d1786
Community Member

Hi.

I have lost my phone and authenticator account.  I need to urgent assistance to get back in.  I have literally had to create an account just to be able to access support.  URGENT.

Thanks

Andrew

And to put in context, was a member of Elance/Odesk before since 2011 - so a long established account. 

Hi Andrew,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for the message.

Message sent. 

Please ignore my error below/above.

Hello, 

I am unable to find a way to submit or open a support ticket to update the phone number. The only way I was able to get in was to reset my password and have the 6 digit verification sent to my email. But the prompt on my pc and mobile for verification often asks for my old number. Also, it would be difficult to for clients to contact when I submit proposals if my phone number is outdated. Please help me to submit a support ticket to update the contact information. 

Kind regards,

Isaaiel Fox

Hi Isaaiel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello AaDonna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.
Pradeep H

Upwork

I changed countries and I don't have access to my old phone number anymore, I'm trying to change it from Settings but accessing Settings requires PIN sent to my old phone number. Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mariem,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths