🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Email from Upwork: "Your membership renew...
Page options
eloddo
Community Member

Email from Upwork: "Your membership renewal failed" but I I did not request any membership upgrade

Hello, 

today I received the following email

"Hi Emanuela, While trying to renew your Upwork membership plan this month, the payment didn't go through. Until things get sorted out, we've temporarily shifted you from Freelancer Basic to Freelancer Basic. In the meantime, you can purchase Connects as you need them. To once again enjoy the perks of Freelancer Basic, update your billing method and upgrade your plan. Thanks for your time, The Upwork Team"

but I have never purchased or requested any membership upgrade. Can you help me explain this?

Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for informing us about the renewal email notification that you received. I can confirm that the emails were sent in error, and no changes to your membership plan were made. Please know that we are taking active steps to ensure this issue does not happen again.

Thank you for being patient with us!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Emanuela,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6d6a265c
Community Member

Hello,

Exactly the same for me.

yofazza
Community Member

I was waiting for this thread 😃

yofazza
Community Member

You need an alternate billing method to remove your current primary billing method especially when you have active contracts or a balance due. To remove your current billing, set a new primary billing method first.

Is that the only option?

--

Capture.PNG

--

I don't know if it's an email error or if they really tried to charge me, but I again feel relieved for not having Upwork have my card information.

(I never have a payment method and so never have anything other than Basic)

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for informing us about the renewal email notification that you received. I can confirm that the emails were sent in error, and no changes to your membership plan were made. Please know that we are taking active steps to ensure this issue does not happen again.

Thank you for being patient with us!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths