🐈
» Forums » Support » Not receiving account confirmation email
Page options
grglaz
Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

438 REPLIES 438

Hi Jenny,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to finish setting up your account. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b17c88aa
Community Member

Hi there 

I am not getting my sign up verification email to be able to post for some work I am looking to be completed. 

I have tried resending the email many times 

Thanks 

Hi Steve,

Could you please check your junk/spam folder in case the email was sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi there, 

Yes I have been checking all day and trying to resend but nothing is there

Thanks 

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have escalated your report to the appropriate team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with the verification process. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance. We seek your patience while we address this issue. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a74b21d7
Community Member

I am trying to get my email to be verified . But i am not getting any verification email.i have checked junk/spam folder many times but its still not working.

Please post a solution for it.

Hi Anam,

I checked and your email seems to be verified. Could you please confirm if you still need assistance?

~Andrea
Upwork
e7939310
Community Member

When attempting to verify my email at https://email.mg.upwork.com/foo/baz, I'm getting this error:

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to email.mg.upwork.com because this website requires a secure connection.

Upon further inspection I see "Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for email.mg.upwork.com. The certificate is only valid for mailgun.org."

This seems like a Mailgun configuration issue.

It's really annoying, especially because it's impossible to contact Upwork support.

If support reads this, please fix this ASAP. I want to use your service.

Hi Isaac,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties setting up your account. Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
84d5e46e
Community Member

I try to pass the video verification procces but  verification page does not exist and error comes with this text 

This page doesn't exist

Please return to the previous page, or visit our home page.
If the issue continues, visit our Help Center.

Error 404 (N)
Trace ID: d0317dcb-ee67-4b0c-9776-dfb7ff218ab3

please help me some one 

i've try to open my profile from 3 diffferent devices but still nothing helps

Hi Vasyl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it seems like you were able to complete the visual verification. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork
2ac2e599
Community Member

Hi everyone, I submitted a request to change my email  and the website said "You have a pending request to change your email address to "email". To complete this request, please check your inbox at that email address to confirm ownership of that account." Its been two days but I haven't received any emails to verify the change.  How do I go about completing the switch? 

Hi Sherzod,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I resent the email. Please let us know if you still did not receive it so we can assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
b619a29a
Community Member

I have tried several times to resend my verification email to complete setting up my account to no avail.  I have switched email accounts and checked spam etc..  No verification email is reaching me. 

Hi Cay,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties receiving email verifications. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with setting up your account. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
saroban
Community Member

Hello Upwork team

I can't receive 6 digit code on my email, so please help me

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
1c80c18e
Community Member

Hello,

I need to change my e-mail adress. However the problem is that the new e-mail I want to change belongs to my deactivated account. So whenever I try to change it says ''This email is already in use''

Is it possible to delete that account entirely, so I can use the e-mail adress on this current account as It's so important for me & for the point of view of my future clients?

Thank you in advance,
Ali C.

It is designed that way because you are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account in a lifetime. This is a violation of Terms of Service. You will need to have your original account restored and cancel any other account you have. 

Hi Ali,

Sophie is correct, having multiple accounts is a violation of ToS.

We can check if the old account can still be restored. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
71a040bf
Community Member

Hello,

I am not recieving my account confirmation email. I have requested the email twice.

I have doubled check the email address and I have also checked my spam and junk folders.

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the email verification process. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket.  You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
842a5df1
Community Member

Help! "This email is already in use" Can't change it.

Please add this email on this account, beacuse this email is permrnet email,

Thsnk you.

Hi Sanjay,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
howareu_u
Community Member

So, i can login my upwork profile throw the phone, and for 2 month i did not use the browser version, so now i tried to login and you ask me for email, pass, security question and then verification code to email (that did not come to any of spam and promotions), so i did tried to resend it a couple of times, so it's time to make a post here

Help me! 

Also seems like there a bid trouble with security question, but i am 100% sure that i type it right way, because i did use the same answer for a couple of years and when i tried to change it on phone (cause i hope it will help me to get into the browser version) - you say its wrong, it's scary me a bit, but hope you can help me, i can use my phone number and email (if it's will works)

Thank u

Hi Artyom,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
5d6327bb
Community Member

I created my upwork profile a few days ago, and I am not able to verify email, it has been a week there is no email from Upwork
please help

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

Are you sure is your email is in correct ? As I can see you now you could manage log in upwork page and regarding to your feedback better contact help support for more details or get forgot password update.?
b16b61b7
Community Member

hello I haven't received the verification email from upwork, please help I have tried multiple times also checked span/junk folder repeatedly, but nothis was received.

You cannot request verification. You will get the email when Upwork decides.

You will also need to create a complete profile. Now there is nothing to verify.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a corresponding email will be sent to you in 24-48 hours.

~ AJ
Upwork
5d5e9384
Community Member

i have been trying for verification mail but i am not receiving .

Hi Tumkanet,

Firstly, we appreciate your interest in starting your career with Upwork! I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here

~ Arjay
Upwork
5d5e9384
Community Member

thanks got it.

dae5bac4
Community Member

I want to sign up on upwork first time. but i don't get any email for verify my account.
PLease help me

Shihab,

Check both your spam filters and spam folder. On occasion Microsoft Outlook will place my Upwork emails in a spam folder because I have strict filters. Have a great day!

1763dc68
Community Member

I didn't receive any verification email even after re-sending it so many times
Can you please help me .

Hi Saba,

~ AJ
Upwork
0a85b17c
Community Member

Hello, I am not receiving the link of mail confirmation, since  one week even if I have tried many times

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths