🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Email verification not working
Page options
grglaz
Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

438 REPLIES 438
platinumbt
Community Member

I have tried to verify my email address with no success. I have resent the email verification a dozen times. I have tried pasting the link in different browsers and I have clicked the link dozens of times. I keep getting the same message, email verification failed. There is no way to contact a support?

Hi Mark,

One of our team members will reach out to you on the email you have used to create your account, thank you for reporting.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran!

I really appreciate it.

I have repeatedly experienced the same issue. I got tired of trying.

Hi Amanda,

I checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you've entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have done that multiple times. It keeps taking me back to confirmation
page. Its a loop.

Me too I tried soooo many times since about November 2018. Today I decided to change my hotmail email address to gmail and then resent the verification email and it instantly worked....

I am also having the same problem verifying my email. I get it in my email but when I click on the link it keeps saying email confirmation failed. I have sent it over and over again and keep getting the same message. Please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Barbra, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
dehoneng
Community Member

Hi,

I've also tried a dozen of times.  I'm always getting 'Email verification failed'.

Thank you,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Albert, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

• Hello, I've tried to verify the email many times now & im constantly failing please assist me
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi George,

Thanks for reaching out. What are the errors that you are getting when clicking the verification link? Please make sure that there's no extra spaces, commas or other puctuations when typing in your email address. Let us know if you this still persist so we can assist you further.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi, I think i wrote the error message.
The link opens a page with the message

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.

grglaz
Community Member

If it helps the verification link inside the email doesn't look fine, it contains two characters ~~. It's like .../token/~~...
But anytime i request a new verification email the link is the same so i don't know what to do.

Hi George,

One of our team member will get in touch about your concern. Please bear with us. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

i am also having the same issue , each time i get a verification email and when i click on the link , i get this every time ... whats wrong , please resolve the issue

Thanks

Hi Waqas,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to assist you with this error very shortly, thanks!

~Nina

Hello Nina,

I was wondering if you can help me as well with this. I'm having the same error when I'm trying to verify my account.

Hi Bianca,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
alasse
Community Member

Hello, there

I'm having the same problem here. I tried several days later and the failure still happens.

Can you take a look at this, please?

My e-mail signed is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best regards,

Letícia

Hi Leticia,

What specific issue did you encountered? Can you please try to copy and paste the full URL to a different browser? Let us know if this still persists. Thanks!

~ Jo-An

Untitled
deashmor
Community Member

This is the error message that I can't bypass when I click the email verification link.

Hi Danielle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your email. You can access your tickets on this link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4200b3c6
Community Member

I am having the same issue, unable to verify email or resend verification link. Can you please help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rachael,

I checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you’ve entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren’t being blocked. 

Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4200b3c6
Community Member

I received the email successfully, but the link to validate didn't work.
Then I tried to resend a new validation email to the same email address,
and it will not resend for some reason.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rachael,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your email address. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

same error here.

Thanks,

L

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luca, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can review your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there, I am having the same error. When i try to verifiy my email it gives me an error message. I tried using 2 other email addresses and it still gives me an error. I've attached the error message. Please advise. Thanks!Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 11.15.45 AM.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with logging into your account.

~ Bojan
Upwork
481976a9
Community Member

Hello I have the same issue...i can't move further and email verification doesn't work

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pramod,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your email address. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Jo-An, 

I'm getting something similar, an infinite loop / email that keeps directing to the following screen:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

...hoping you can help, thank you.

P.S. I've tried 3 browsers and the same thing happens, just keeps sending the verification link but it never works. I'm trying to setup as a Freelancer.

Cheers, 
Adam
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you through an email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
atgharris
Community Member

I am experiencing the same problem, but the verification email outright does not reach my inbox. I checked spam trash and every folder possible. I made sure I spelled my email address correct. Someone please help.

Hi Alexander,

I just checked your account and can confirm that your email is already verified, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m having trouble getting my business email verified. The email I used for
this account is a personal email. But I recently tried to make an account
with a business email and the verification email won’t send so I can’t even
continue filling in my profile on that account. If someone would take the
email address to review it that would be nice.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths