🐈
» Forums » Support » Email verification failed!
Page options
grglaz
Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

438 REPLIES 438

Hi Erisilda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
0b04c35c
Community Member

Hi,

I have created my profile, though still am getting Alert on page to verify the email.

If I click on send verification email, the email is never received.

However, welcome email and Daily Digest are being received.

Can support team look into?

Sales Team @neotheta

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
c170e2c2
Community Member

I've sent verification email several times but i am not receiving it. Its not in any other folder too. Im stuck on this step. Please assist.

Hi  Saira,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c170e2c2
Community Member

Ive recieved your mail regarding my issue. My email ID is correct as im receiving other mails from upwork but not verification email.

Hi Saira,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already responded to the support ticket initiated by our team. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
df9bf43b
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to create a new account. the problem I found this message "This email is already in use"

and when i am trying to forget my password account or login, I found this message "Oops! Username is incorrect."

Hi Mahmoud,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
df9bf43b
Community Member

HI Arjay,

I would like to thank you very much for trying to help me, and i want infrom you this page are not working

imkishorkumar
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f29fb2bc6ca82372

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback.

f6b4fa47
Community Member

My email verification is not working.  I am unable to post my job or invite anyone to review the job posting.  Your website keeps taking me back to the email verification page.   Yes, I checked my spam filter and junk folders.    I'm feeling a little frustrated.   I really would like to use your service if I can get it to work properly.   Could someone help me?

Thank you. 

Hi Rachel,

I tried and wasn't able to replicate the issue you're describing. I can actually see that you were able to get in contact with a freelancer for an interview. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one? You may also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
30267b8f
Community Member

Hi, I'm unable to verify my email. I have tried resending the verification link multiple times and checked my junk/spam folder as well. Would be grateful if i could be provided with some assistance.

Regards,

Abhay

Hi Abhay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
57e8fb8b
Community Member

Hi

I have added a. new account today, and despite multiple attempts no email verification has been recieved so I cannot progress.

I have checked that my email is correct, recieving other emails and have checked all folders.

The upwork community email came through when I logged in, but when I go to the main site to update my profile or engage someone to work I still am asked to verify my email. can you sort that out please or tell me what to do.

thx in advance

Paul

Hi Paul,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
6e2b4126
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing the same verification problem 

Hi Christian,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Resolved. Thanks

3730d3f4
Community Member

hi guys 

11 days ago I recieved a mail that I need to verify my ID , followed the link to see what I can send to verify and I only found 2 ways available in Egypt, a passport or a visa 

and I have none of those, tried sending my driving license but it doesn't work, contacted support center and said that in a ticket and no reply since 11 days 

now I'm having this msg (Action required: Verify your identity by 06/19/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.)

any suggestions ? 😞 

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with the identity verification process on Upwork. Since Upwork has specific requirements for identity verification, it's important to follow their guidelines to continue working on the platform. Here are a few suggestions you can consider:

1. Reach out to Upwork Support: If you haven't received a response to your initial support ticket, I recommend following up with Upwork's support center again. Explain the situation, including the fact that you don't have a passport or visa but have tried to provide your driving license as an alternative. They should be able to assist you further or provide alternative options for verification.

2. Provide additional documentation: If your driving license isn't being accepted, you could inquire with Upwork Support about any other forms of identification they might accept for verification in Egypt. They may have specific requirements that are not clearly outlined in their documentation.

3. Seek local guidance: Consider contacting your local government office or relevant authorities in Egypt to inquire about obtaining a valid identification document that meets Upwork's requirements for verification. They may be able to provide guidance or alternative options.

4. Temporary workarounds: While I don't recommend this as a long-term solution, you could temporarily pause bidding on new jobs or winning projects until you have resolved the verification issue. This way, you can focus on resolving the identity verification matter without the pressure of upcoming deadlines.

Remember that Upwork's guidelines and requirements are in place to ensure the security and integrity of the platform for all users. It's important to comply with their policies to maintain your account's eligibility. I recommend persisting in your communication with Upwork Support to find a solution that works for your specific situation.

I got it solved, thanx 🙂 

51bccfa4
Community Member

Hey,

I haven't received any verification email, even after trying to resend it multiple times. Now it says I've reached my verification email limit.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Hi Toni,

I'm sorry to hear you're not receiving the verification email. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9679a22f
Community Member

Neither the inbox nor the junk mail or even spam include any verification email from Upwork! And I see that it is a common problem! Please fix it!

Hi Lady,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your verification email. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
071e44cb
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to set up my profile and my email verification is not coming through. I have checked all of my email folders and hit resend multiple times. Can somebody help?

Hi Box,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you here with further assistance in completing the email verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b4f11c22
Community Member

Hi,

I am logged in but unable to verify the account as it requires a verification code via SMS.
I have requested the code to be sent many times and yet no SMS received.

Yes, I have tested my phone can receive SMS by others.

Please help.
Gary

Hi Gary,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
124c57f1
Community Member

I've made an account with Upwork and I am stuck at the verification of my email step because I am not recieving any verification mails. I've tried for hours on end but even after requesting multiple resends, the mail just won't come. 

Hi Ram,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble receiving the verification email. Could you please check the spam/junk folder on your registered email address? Feel free to message us if you still do not find the verification mail.

- Pradeep

Upwork

124c57f1_0-1695618410374.png

I check all email labels like spam/junk folder too. But still not receiving any verification email. 

Thank you for confirming that, Ram. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Okay sure thank you Pradeep. 

cf769c34
Community Member

I am NOT receiving the "verify your email" emails it is not arriving in either of my email accounts

Hi Anine,

I see that you've been coordinating with the team, and one of the team members has applied a fix for your issue. Please let the team know if you're still experiencing the same issue; they'll look further into that for you. You may access your tickets for updates here and in your email.

~ Arjay
Upwork
945bceea
Community Member

Hi, I am not receiving email verification link. 

Sorry, it just worked. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths