🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to Buy Freelancer Plus Membership.
Page options
Sandeep S Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
Talha A Community Member

Hi, i have a master card which i can use every where to buy products and services online even outside of the country such as server subscription, patreon, but i am unable to use it here. How can i buy connects then. Paypal is not available in my country pakistan.

Ajit C Community Member

I suggest you using  any Visa Credit card, this works 100%. The debit cards unable to do transactions on upwork.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Talha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article to see other available methods for purchasing Connects. 

~ Nikola
Aditya C Community Member

I have been trying to buy connects using PayPal but it keeps showing charge failed without any reason. My paypal is working fine everywhere.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Aditya,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. I have checked the transaction and it looks like it got declined by PayPal. You can retry the transaction using an alternative payment method or contact PayPal for more information about the specific charge being declined.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking PayPal or with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
Muhammad B Community Member

I am setting up mastercard  payment method for buying connects  but got this error

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

can u please help me?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you were already able to purchase Connects. Please let us know if further assistance is still needed.

~ AJ
Upwork
Abilfazal T Community Member

Hi,

I have been trying to purchase connects but I keep getting this error

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. "

So, I removed my billing method and tried to re-enter the same billing method I used before but, I am still getting the same error
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Abilfazal Taha

Hi Abilfazal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked the transaction and it seems like the bank has rejected it. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please also contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article to see other available methods for purchasing Connects. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Chanchal R Community Member

i am facing the same issue and raised request to support team.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Chanchal,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while buying Connects. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same issue. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Muhammad Mubassar K Community Member

Facing Issue while buying connects. Although all process is OK by my Bank, still facing the problem. Kindly resolve the issue.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I looked into this and I can confirm that the bank declined the transaction. Kindly reach out to the bank that issued your card to request more information why the transaction was declined. 

~ Avery
Khushboo P Community Member

I have tried multiple time times I am unable to add connects via Debit/Credit card

Hi Khushboo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and noticed that you were able to purchase Connects using a new payment method.

Generally, your payment method fails when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. You may contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork
Qasim N Community Member

Whenever I am trying to attach my mastercard it shows that use another billing method or contact your card issuer. Whereas, I last time bought connects by the same card.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Qasim,

This is likely happening because the bank is declining the transaction. Kindly reach out to the bank that issued your card to request more information on why the transaction was declined. 

~ Luiggi
Aditya C Community Member

I have been trying to buy connects using my paypal as billing method. PayPal is working fine but I'm still facing issues

Upwork asked me to add alternative payment or try again later.

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, your payment method fails when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Could you please try to contact Paypal and let them know about this issue? Once its fixed on their end, kindly try the transaction again. If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ashish D Community Member

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the method you use is suitable for international
payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Shakir A Community Member

I'm trying to buy plus Membership but web consistently showing unable to add card i also tried 2 different cards and these card also working on other sites kindly help me out

Hi Shakir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, your payment method fails when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank.

Kindly reach out to the bank that issued your card to request more information on why the transaction was declined. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Shakir A Community Member

Hi Annie,

I'm unable to verify my account i'm uploading my Govt ID But it's buffering all the times. I also atteched the SS of My issue kindly solve my issue i have tried 2, 3 time but nothing change always stuck at the same place.WhatsApp Image 2022-07-19 at 9.58.00 PM.jpeg

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Shakir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Pabasara M Community Member

My connects balance is over. Kindly help me to add another 10 connects. I'm unable to enter a payment method.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths