🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

893 REPLIES 893
4fc1b224
Community Member

I am facing problem in buying connects. I have using multiple cards but nothing is working. Can somebody from upwork team resolve this?

PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Debjani,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. I have checked the transaction and it looks like it got declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello. I am having problems with the purchase of the connects. I contacted the bank with this problem, they replied that everything is working on their side and no transaction from Upwork has been received.
It seems to be a problem in my account or on your side, please help solve this problem.
I have attached a screenshot.

Hi Danat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey I am also facing same problem with the SBI Global debit card and asked the bank and they said they didnt got any such transaction and don't know what to do, they said to check with the upwork site for the solution. Pls help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I also asked them about any recurring transaction limitation on the debit card. They said there is no such limitation on your debit card. I have also already enabled international usage for my debit card. Still this error is coming.

Hi Nalin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am replying to this to help each newbie who is here due to this issue.
I tried to attach my debit card, but each time it was rejected. I called the bank helpline, but they didn't get my issue.
Then I called once more on another day.
Here's the process:
Dial the bank's helpline number that issued your card.
Ask them to put you on their whitelist for the Upwork website.
They then instructed you to retry the card-attaching process.
You have to try again and then after 15 minutes call again to a helpline to be placed on Upwork's whitelist.
You can then attach the card.
PS: Don't visit the bank branch to waste your time. They even don't know the process. Just call the helpline.

But agency has 27 connects. that's not enough for turn availability plan on?

Hi Jais,

That depends since the weekly price of the badge will fluctuate based on demand, but you control your Connects, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend for a week.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Sir. I face the same issue whenever i try to buy connect using my Master card i get this message.    Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again..

after that i contacted the bank thy said there is no any issue in there end and my card is opned for international transaction.

Hi Inayat,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am replying to this issue to help each newbie who is here due to this issue.
I tried to attach my debit card, but each time it was rejected. I called the bank helpline, but they didn't get my issue.
Then I called once more on another day.
Here's the process:
Dial the bank's helpline number that issued your card.
Ask them to put you on their whitelist for the Upwork website.
They then instructed you to retry the card-attaching process.
You have to try again and then after 15 minutes call again to a helpline to be placed on Upwork's whitelist.
You can then attach the card.
PS: Don't visit the bank branch to waste your time. They even don't know the process. Just call the helpline.

Another Issue:

Before going to solution side, you must ask the country from where transactions is being done. Becuase due to current financial situation some countries are refusing to pay in USD.

Thanks

Sorry, but I know I have the money and still my connects are not showing up. I've tried to leave proposals for two jobs this morning and I haven't enough connects. I should have at least 60. Please don't tell me to check with my bank. I did that. And yes, the money is there. 

The "Get Dupport " button is a chat not service that is totally unhelpful. It will be great of there is live chat service to help creative get faster solutions. My issues is still unresolved because when I inoit my card details to setup a billing method, it shows incorrect while it is the correct details. I am so tired! 

hi

ok I already ask my bank but seems they can do nothing.

On other hand, I  just started in upwork, how many time before knowing if our submitted proposal is accepted or not?

Hi, my payment method has been charged and the amount debited. But my connects balance hasn't changed and I get the message "recent charge failed". But the amount has been removed from my account successfully 

Hi Esther,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the Connects have already been credited to your account. You can check your Connects history here.

~ AJ
Upwork
atif_muhammad-
Community Member

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve the issue

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like the transaction was declined. It would be best to reach out to your card issuing bank to check the specific decline error. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Greetings. I need to buy connects but whenever I try to attach my Debit Card - it shows me this message. (We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank). If anyone from Upwork's team can sort this matter it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you! 

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran ! Thank you for responding.

I'll anxiously wait for the team member as I've tried using 3 Different Cards But None of them is working on Upwork !! Other than that - I also tried contacting with Bank, But there isn't any issue from their side. 

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Dear friend,

4d4796e6
Community Member

Greetings. I need to buy connects and upgrade my account but whenever I try to attach my HBL Debit Card to Billing Method it shows me this message. (We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank). If anyone from Upwork's team can sort this matter it would he highly appreciated.

Hi Uzair,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for replying Goran, waiting anxiously.

Dear friend,

muhamadusama
Community Member

Hi,

I am very new to Upwork. Currently, I am trying to add a payment method but failed several times. I get the following error.

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I will be very thankful to you for any sort of help.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Please clear your browser cache then provide the correct card number, Name and CVC. Then recheck it. Thanks!

muhammadsayem22
Community Member

I am unable to attach my Debit (Visa) card with Upwork to upgrade my membership plan,
Whenever if provide my card information it says " We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method and membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

Hello Upwork
I have cleared the cookies
I have used a Debit Visa card
I have used a Master card but still facing the same issue
Upwork says that :
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or
contact your issuing bank."
babar06
Community Member

Greetings. I need to buy connects and upgrade my account but whenever I try to attach my UBL VISA Card to Billing Method it shows me this message. (We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank). I have already contacted  my service provider, No issue from my bank.  If anyone from Upwork's team can sort this matter it would he highly appreciated.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths