🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Problems in Buy Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

895 REPLIES 895

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
usamaqureshi
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,
My ATM card is declined. I was buying a connects but the balance in my bank account is insufficient. Due to this card has been declined, please reset my billing method, however, I can re-attach my card.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about this transaction not going through. However, It looks like you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

20ab0bf3
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue when trying to purchase new Connects. I am get the following message when I try to purchase BUT the Connects balance is not updating;

Your Connects balance has been updated! View Connects History

I have tried two different billing methods and still the same. Could someone please assist or share some information if they have experienced the same? I created a support ticket yesterday but waiting on a reply, unable to bid on any jobs so it is pretty high priority.

Thank you all 🙂

Hi Daron,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. Kindly expect an update on this page and don't hesitate to communicate with the team to resolve your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
20ab0bf3
Community Member

Awesome, thanks for the update Arjay.

fa6b6d89
Community Member

Good day Upwork,

Please I am having issues buying connects from my bank, if I intiate the transaction I will get a message saying your connect have been updated but nothing was added. 

Hi Ogbugh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey Ogbugh,
I am experiencing the same issue. No bank errors or declines, it simply says my connects have been updated but they have not.

Hopefully we can get a resolution on this. 

8584976c
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing problem in buying the connects. I'm trying to buy connects via debit card. How do I know which card is acceptable by this platform?

Hi Sana,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Upwork also accepts VISA and Mastercard debit cards, as long as you're able to add them to your billing method, they should be fine.

For this, please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
januard-soterana
Community Member

Hello. 

I want to buy connects with my Paypal account. But I don't have credit card. Is it possible to buy connects with my Paypal?

Hope any help.

Thank you.

20ab0bf3
Community Member

Hi all,

So I tried my alternative bank card and that one worked - perhaps it is an issue with the bank provider blocking the payments in the background.

Interesting, as you don't get an error to say it was declined and it says your connects have been updated when they have not. Just thought I would share as it might help others. We might need to contact our bank to see why it is not working.

Cheers,
Daron.

2109667f
Community Member

hi all

i am trying to buy connects for a couple days and not being able of doing it. I've tried paypal, several cards, etc..

Is there any other way of buying instead of the usual platform?

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the error you receive when you try to purchase Connects? 

I would like to let you know that there are several ways to purchase Connects. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola

I've tried them all. Including paypal.  The error says about "not validating" or something like that, I cant remebemer it in detail.

Hi Pedro,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

~Andrea
Upwork

I will try that. tks

Tried it all and did not work... is there a way to solve it? i really need to buy those connects! 

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Upwork also accepts VISA and Mastercard debit cards, as long as you're able to add them to your billing method, they should be fine.

For this, please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. You may also want to check this help article for other options on how you can purchase Connects.

~ Arjay
Upwork
154ba352
Community Member

Hi,
Help me to understand something: I bought 40 connects and my card has been charged but I have not received the connects. What could be the cause and what to do in this case?

I leave you in attached file the explanatory screenshots

Please help me to find a solution

Hi Moussa,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

I can see that the team has responded to the ticket you raised about your concern. It looks like they have provided you with more details and instructions to resolve the issue. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
154ba352
Community Member

Hi Arjay

Thank you for helping me to resolve my problem.

I'm sending now a message to my bank to understand more.

Moussa

Hi Dear community

Thank you for your help. My problem with purchasing connects has been solved. Before going to my bank I tried the purchase operation again and received my connectors.

Thank you.

7669c616
Community Member

Hello,

I am not able to buy connect, it goes till  bank password after entering password page comes to Buy connect page. No error message. I have tried all my debit cards. Kindly provide me a solution.

Regards
Karthik

Hi Electricbee,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

~Andrea
Upwork
wordpress_hub
Community Member

deleted

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Upwork also accepts VISA and Mastercard debit cards, as long as you're able to add them to your billing method, they should be fine.

For this, please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. You may also want to check this help article for other options on how you can purchase Connects.

~ AJ
Upwork
noor_upwork
Community Member

I am not able to buy Connects, even I have bought many times with the same card before. 

Showing this message - "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Hi Noor,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
jayjalaram
Community Member

not able to purchase connects

Hi Amitkumar,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page.

~ AJ
Upwork
shiblynomansohan
Community Member

Dear Concern,

I am from Bangladesh and I have local bank debit card which support BDT currency only. Can I add this card into payment methods for buying connects and upgrade membership? I have tried but can't complete due to unathorization. I have attached screenshot. If you know the solutions then please leave your reply.

Thanks

ShiblyScreenshot 2023-01-19 031719.png

Hi Shibly,

We truly appreciate you sharing this here. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank and ask them why it was rejected? Please also ask them to allow international transactions and remove any restrictions that might be hindering this transaction. Alternatively, if you have other payment methods, you can try using them instead.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6173e636
Community Member

I recently purchased 6$ worth of connects, the card used was charged immediately but i cannot see the connects increasing.

What should i do ? this is my first time purchasing connects

Hi Abhinav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
sameerparmar47
Community Member

Hi recently i am trying to upgrade my profile with plus membership. but i am not able to upgrade as while doing payment it shows payment could not be processed even when i have Visa Debit card attached and paypal also having issues here not able to do anything

Hi Sameer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank and ask them why it was rejected? Please also ask them to allow international transactions and remove any restrictions that might be hindering this transaction. Alternatively, if you have other payment methods, you can try using them instead.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths